Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words 
If I could give this book a 10 stars, I would. The reason why it took a while for me to finish this book is that it has so many passages that I would prefer to give them time to sink in before moving forward. Some of them made me silent within, that I had to pause. There are many fundamental truths expressed in the simplest and most blunt manner for anyone to get a glimpse of what it is to be trully aware.
This book is not for most. The author is very edgy and could easily offend a lot of people with his words. But his philosophy is to understand that you aren't offended, your me is offended. Your I is unchanged. Your me changes just like the world changes. You need to step outside of yourself and look at your feelings and understand they are your feelings, but they are not you. Observe and understand them, but don't associate them with your I. This is one of the many philosophies. He also has a

I picked up this book at a monastery in Northern California about 10 years ago and have kept it close ever since.De Mello, espousing no religious agenda, contends we've been brainwashed as to our typical ideas of love and happiness. This untypical priest--his writings were denounced by the Pope--says our attachments, illusions, conditioning and general unawareness keep us anxiety-ridden. (Maybe the Pope didn't like de Mello's appreciation of the prostitute scene in Fellini's "8 1/2.")The author
This book is amazing. So short, so simple, yet so powerful. I was struck with its simple logic and its basic concepts and how hard these are for us to acknowledge. It will put a mirror to your soul and challenge you to reassess everything you ever though you knew.This book puts into perspective how we make our own lives difficult and how we truly hold the power over true happiness. This is a book that I will read again and again. I highly recommend it to anyone that anyone that is in pursuit of
This is one of the more personally challenging books I've ever read. It made me think... hard. I wanted to sit down and argue with this guy. I didn't like how it was written. I didn't like what he said about people and selfishness and being and love, but I can't stop thinking about it. The more time passes, the more I think thiss asshole is on to something. The Pope must have thoght so too, since he EXCOMMUNICATED HIM FOR WRITING IT.
How to write a best-selling spiritual / self-improvement book? Challenge peoples' thoughts. Destroy their beliefs, no matter what they are. Tell them how miserably they are leading their lives, what scoundrels and idiots they have been all through.(Yes, people love to hear that. Probably, that's the reason they have taken up that book/course. A perfectly happy person would seldom pick-up a spiritually enlightening book.)Ask them tough questions. What is "happiness"? Who is "I"? What is life's
Anthony de Mello
Paperback | Pages: 184 pages Rating: 4.34 | 7522 Users | 613 Reviews

Be Specific About Based On Books Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words
| Title | : | Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words |
| Author | : | Anthony de Mello |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Paperback Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 184 pages |
| Published | : | May 1st 1992 by Image (first published 1990) |
| Categories | : | Spirituality. Nonfiction. Philosophy. Self Help. Psychology |
Relation In Favor Of Books Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words
The heart of Anthony de Mello's bestselling spiritual message is awareness. Mixing Christian spirituality, Buddhist parables, Hindu breathing exercises, and psychological insight, de Mello's words of hope come together in Awareness in a grand synthesis. In short chapters for reading in quiet moments at home or at the office, he cajoles and challenges: We must leave this go-go-go world of illusion and become aware. And this only happens, he insists, by becoming alive to the needs and potential of others, whether at home or in the workplace. Here, then, is a masterful book of the spirit, challenging us to wake up in every aspect of our lives.Details Books To Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words
| Original Title: | Awareness |
| ISBN: | 0385249373 (ISBN13: 9780385249379) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Based On Books Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words
Ratings: 4.34 From 7522 Users | 613 ReviewsWeigh Up Based On Books Awareness: A de Mello Spirituality Conference in His Own Words
Awareness, Anthony de Mello's most popular book, is a beautiful bridge between Western and Eastern spiritual thought. de Mello was a Roman Catholic priest who grew up in India, and his intimate familiarity with both traditions combined with a deep understanding of world mysticism provide seekers of a Western background (i.e., Christian) a thought provoking introduction to Eastern spiritual thought. After his death in 1987, de Mello was censured by the Vatican's Defeneders of the Faith (headed atIf I could give this book a 10 stars, I would. The reason why it took a while for me to finish this book is that it has so many passages that I would prefer to give them time to sink in before moving forward. Some of them made me silent within, that I had to pause. There are many fundamental truths expressed in the simplest and most blunt manner for anyone to get a glimpse of what it is to be trully aware.
This book is not for most. The author is very edgy and could easily offend a lot of people with his words. But his philosophy is to understand that you aren't offended, your me is offended. Your I is unchanged. Your me changes just like the world changes. You need to step outside of yourself and look at your feelings and understand they are your feelings, but they are not you. Observe and understand them, but don't associate them with your I. This is one of the many philosophies. He also has a

I picked up this book at a monastery in Northern California about 10 years ago and have kept it close ever since.De Mello, espousing no religious agenda, contends we've been brainwashed as to our typical ideas of love and happiness. This untypical priest--his writings were denounced by the Pope--says our attachments, illusions, conditioning and general unawareness keep us anxiety-ridden. (Maybe the Pope didn't like de Mello's appreciation of the prostitute scene in Fellini's "8 1/2.")The author
This book is amazing. So short, so simple, yet so powerful. I was struck with its simple logic and its basic concepts and how hard these are for us to acknowledge. It will put a mirror to your soul and challenge you to reassess everything you ever though you knew.This book puts into perspective how we make our own lives difficult and how we truly hold the power over true happiness. This is a book that I will read again and again. I highly recommend it to anyone that anyone that is in pursuit of
This is one of the more personally challenging books I've ever read. It made me think... hard. I wanted to sit down and argue with this guy. I didn't like how it was written. I didn't like what he said about people and selfishness and being and love, but I can't stop thinking about it. The more time passes, the more I think thiss asshole is on to something. The Pope must have thoght so too, since he EXCOMMUNICATED HIM FOR WRITING IT.
How to write a best-selling spiritual / self-improvement book? Challenge peoples' thoughts. Destroy their beliefs, no matter what they are. Tell them how miserably they are leading their lives, what scoundrels and idiots they have been all through.(Yes, people love to hear that. Probably, that's the reason they have taken up that book/course. A perfectly happy person would seldom pick-up a spiritually enlightening book.)Ask them tough questions. What is "happiness"? Who is "I"? What is life's


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.