Books Online Download Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1) Free

Share:

Itemize Books Toward Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1)

Series: The Harp and Ring Sequence #1
Books Online Download Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1) Free
Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1) Hardcover | Pages: 415 pages
Rating: 3.43 | 1111 Users | 262 Reviews

Narration In Pursuance Of Books Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1)

Long ago, poets were Seers with access to powerful magic. Following a cataclysmic battle, the enchantments of Eivar were lost–now a song is only words and music, and no more. But when a dark power threatens the land, poets who thought only to gain fame for their songs face a task much greater: to restore the lost enchantments to the world. And the road to the Otherworld, where the enchantments reside, will imperil their lives and test the deepest desires of their hearts.

Describe Based On Books Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1)

Title:Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1)
Author:Ilana C. Myer
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 415 pages
Published:September 29th 2015 by Tor (first published September 1st 2015)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. High Fantasy. Music. Adult

Rating Based On Books Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1)
Ratings: 3.43 From 1111 Users | 262 Reviews

Evaluate Based On Books Last Song Before Night (The Harp and Ring Sequence #1)
Surprisingly bland. The prose is stilted and dry, the characters are thinly-drawn, the worldbuilding is poor---and to top it all off, the storyline is tepid and unengaging. I'm usually somewhat lenient on debuts, but this book just showed so little in the way of actual writing talent that I have nothing positive to say about it. Okay . . . the cover art was beautiful. That's really the only positive thing I can say about this book.Last Song Before Night was uninspired on pretty much every

3.5 stars rounded down.There were things about this I liked a lot and for most of the things I didn't I'm willing to give this debut author the benefit of the doubt and attribute them to first book difficulties. The story and characters were interesting enough that I might read the sequel that is apparently planned. However, it didn't leave a real impression on me. Which is kind of a problem. I'm usually pretty impressionable.

3.5 stars - not sure if I should round up or not. A compelling world and characters, but the plot and pacing of this went awry. I'd still like to read the sequel, if there is one (?)!

First, the disclaimer, in the name of full disclosure: the author is a friend who I've known for many years. Of course I want her to be successful, but as a dedicated reader who is always looking for the HONEST review, I can only give an honest review myself. Please believe me when I say I'd give this five stars no matter who had written it!Here's the part where I wish I were a writer so I could do justice to this book. Alas, my reviews tend to read like student book reports (this is what I

Last Song Before Night by Ilana C. Myer is a masterful fantasy story. The plot revolves around bringing lost magic back into the world to counter a supernatural threat but even more around the fates of the characters, who are so achingly real that the reader has every reason to care about them.Even before the main conflict is introduced, the story weaves a situation rich in conflict and potential just by introducing the setting and characters. The story starts in the city of Tamryllin in the

Reading Last Song Before Night was like chasing a mirage. I came into the story and I thought I saw the shape of it: a heroic young poet-man named Darien fighting to win his love Rianna away from her cold arranged marriage to nebbish Ned. A young woman named Lin who wants to be a poet, even though her world says that's a job for men. And a wise old wizard who'd bring them together to fight an ancient evil. There was a jealous friend, a manipulative worldly woman, and a scheming Court Poet

It is time to abandon ship me mateys!I just could not finish it. I tried. And tried. And tried again. Failure. I only managed to read 228 pages out of 415. I even liked the main character, Lin, a super lot. Now, this book got many starred reviews. People seemed to love it. Many authors that I enjoy blurbed it Fran Wilde and A. M. Dellamonica among them. They said it was a wonderful debut set in a world full of music.I can agree with the full of music part. This book is all about music. Music

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.