Books Tinker (Elfhome #1) Online Download Free

Share:
Books Tinker (Elfhome #1) Online Download Free
Tinker (Elfhome #1) Paperback | Pages: 448 pages
Rating: 4.07 | 5044 Users | 372 Reviews

Particularize Containing Books Tinker (Elfhome #1)

Title:Tinker (Elfhome #1)
Author:Wen Spencer
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:1st Edition
Pages:Pages: 448 pages
Published:December 1st 2004 by Baen (first published October 1st 2003)
Categories:Fantasy. Urban Fantasy. Science Fiction. Romance. Fiction. Magic. Fairies. Fae

Narrative Supposing Books Tinker (Elfhome #1)

Inventor, girl genius Tinker lives in a near-future Pittsburgh which now exists mostly in the land of the elves. She runs her salvage business, pays her taxes, and tries to keep the local ambient level of magic down with gadgets of her own design. When a pack of wargs chase an Elven noble into her scrap yard, life as she knows it takes a serious detour. Tinker finds herself taking on the Elven court, the NSA, the Elven Interdimensional Agency, technology smugglers and a college-minded Xenobiologist as she tries to stay focused on what's really important — her first date. Armed with an intelligence the size of a planet, steel-toed boots, and a junkyard dog attitude, Tinker is ready to kick butt to get her first kiss.

Point Books In Pursuance Of Tinker (Elfhome #1)

Original Title: Tinker
ISBN: 0743498712 (ISBN13: 9780743498715)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.baenebooks.com/p-431-tinker.aspx
Series: Elfhome #1
Setting: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania(United States)

Rating Containing Books Tinker (Elfhome #1)
Ratings: 4.07 From 5044 Users | 372 Reviews

Critique Containing Books Tinker (Elfhome #1)
This book had a lot that I liked a great deal, but more that didn't work for me, and some stuff that made me outright uncomfortable.The basic set up is that the various mythologies of earth are a reflection of alternate universes. So elves are the inhabitants of one alternate universe, and other alternate universes contain creatures that also form the basis of other stories of earth. Earth found out about this by building a dimensional gate that as a side-effect takes part of a city into the

I have to say, when I saw this book listed, I forget where, I thought it might not be all that much, but it was at hand, so I picked it up. Oh. My. God. I could not have been more wrong, or more happy to be so."Tinker", and the follow-up, "Wolf Who Rules" are extraordinary. The concept of science as the foundation of magic is one I have always wished someone would write about - and Spencer does it in a believable, extremely well developed, and well written manner. I picked up the book for an

Great combination of sci-fi and fantasy. Wen (short for Wendy) Spencer explains elves and other mythical creatures in a very original manner: they are from a different dimension. In "Tinker", an interdimensional gate transports the whole city of Pittsburg to Earth once a month for supplies (a day called Shutdown), while the rest of the time it is in Elfland. Unfortunately the designer of this gate is long dead and no one else really understands how it works. Tinker is a girl genius raised in

This one's fun. A nice take on the cross-world SF/Fantasy hybrid with good politicking on both sides of the divide and some fabulous surprises along the way. In particular, I like the way the main character's specialness is worked into the plot without breaking suspension of disbelief and the way her flaws and youth are handled. Basic setup: the Chinese government steals some not-quite-done research on making a star drive and builds it, not-quite-understanding how it works. The result is a

Notes on the first half:I'm having problems with this, mostly related to my reading as a writer. I like the character Tinker okay, but she is one heck of a Mary Sue. She's a genius, she's cute, everyone loves her except the elf-woman who's jealous, she wins fights despite (as we are frequently told) she's just a little thing, she's related to the most important people you can think of in that world, and I'm getting the strong feeling she has a Destiny. The narrative is thick with info-dumps,

I dont know how many times I stumbled upon this book before I actually read it. The cover was so weird and lurid that I put it back on the shelf each time, only to stumble upon it again. A close friend caught me one day and told me I absolutely MUST read it. And it was the best decision I made!The book is named after the spunky female lead Tinker, an 18-year-old mechanical genius with a dangerous family history. The story is set on a more futuristic earth than ours, where scientists have

"The wargs chased the elf over Pittsburgh Scrap and Salvage's tall chain-link fence shortly after the hyperphase gate powered down." So opens Tinker, which is a very fast-paced book. Amazingly fast-paced. Astoundingly.... well, you get the idea. Boredom will not be a problem if you read Tinker.Circa 2050, Pittsburgh has been transported (mostly) to Elfhome, as a side-effect of the startup of a new Chinese orbital interdimensional gate. Tinker, just turned 18, owns the junkyard, and is a

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.