Download Free Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain Audio Books

Share:

Particularize Epithetical Books Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain

Title:Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
Author:David Eagleman
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 290 pages
Published:May 31st 2011 by Pantheon
Categories:Nonfiction. Science. Psychology. Biology. Neuroscience. Brain
Download Free Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain  Audio Books
Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain Hardcover | Pages: 290 pages
Rating: 4.05 | 25370 Users | 1737 Reviews

Relation Concering Books Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain

If the conscious mind—the part you consider you—accounts for only a tiny fraction of the brain’s function, what is all the rest doing? This is the question that David Eagleman—renowned neuroscientist and acclaimed author of Sum—answers in a book as accessible and entertaining as it is deeply informed by startling, up-to-the-minute research.

Define Books As Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain

Original Title: Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
ISBN: 0307377334 (ISBN13: 9780307377333)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Nonfiction (2011)

Rating Epithetical Books Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
Ratings: 4.05 From 25370 Users | 1737 Reviews

Criticism Epithetical Books Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain
I'm fascinated with anything to do with the brain and this was recommended to me. So when I saw all the reviews and that it was a New York Times best seller, I thought this has got to be good and immediately ordered the book.I soon discovered I just didn't like the style of writing, the way in which the subject was explained, skim-read looking for something really good to catch my interest, found very little, and sailed through to the end of the book at page 254.What did interest me though were

This book is mostly a very readable account of some of the standard weird things your brain does, but it does contain a very valuable discussion of a serious nature, too. David Eagleman shows through examples how often our behaviour is ruled by factors we dont control things in our brain that we may not even know about, but which nonetheless change us. And of course that poses a big question when it comes to criminal behaviour: can we be blamed for choosing to do something when we only choose

*I am required to disclose that I received this book as a freebie from the Goodreads first reads giveaway program, but don't worry, this doesn't obligate me to say only good things.Though I give the book four stars and have already recommended it to more people than any book I've ever read, I would strongly disagree with the first reviewer that the book is an "engaging romp" or "fun".The book is, and should be, profoundly unsettling, though for reasons which make it all the more important to

Let me start with the easy stuff. On a literary note, this book is entertaining. However, it reads more like a series of interesting essays on neuroscience rather than a book. Let me move on to the more interesting stuff. This book is deceptive. Eagleman uses a "slight of hand" writing style. Just as he describes how magic tricks deceive the brain, Eagleman uses this entertaining little book to advocate for a social and justice system that disregards civil rights. How does he do this? He strings

This very interesting and thought provoking book by neuroscientist David Eagleman is a little disorienting. After all, based on the numerous observations and scientific experiments he details Eaglemans conclusion is that we have no freewill. I may think I am considering options, making decisions, and choosing, for instance, what book to read, but according to scientists who study these things I am not in charge, if by I what I mean is the I that I know--my conscious mind. Its not surprising that

Incognito is incredibly fascinating. I never tire of reading about the brain, an organ so complex that I doubt scientists will ever fully understand it. (I also wish more research would focus on the brain.) Eagleman taught me many things I'd never heard of before or even considered, and accessibly so. My favorite brain fact is in this book, still, years after I read Incognito and after reading other brain books. I also recommend his short and quirky Sum: Forty Tales from the Afterlives, a

I'm fascinated with anything to do with the brain and this was recommended to me. So when I saw all the reviews and that it was a New York Times best seller, I thought this has got to be good and immediately ordered the book.I soon discovered I just didn't like the style of writing, the way in which the subject was explained, skim-read looking for something really good to catch my interest, found very little, and sailed through to the end of the book at page 254.What did interest me though were

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.