Be Specific About About Books Spiral (Ring #2)
| Title | : | Spiral (Ring #2) |
| Author | : | Kōji Suzuki |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 283 pages |
| Published | : | August 1st 2005 by Vertical (first published 1995) |
| Categories | : | Horror. Fiction. Cultural. Japan. Asian Literature. Japanese Literature. Mystery |

Kōji Suzuki
Paperback | Pages: 283 pages Rating: 3.75 | 4458 Users | 329 Reviews
Commentary As Books Spiral (Ring #2)
Dr. Ando who has yet to recover from his son's death at sea, conducts an autopsy on an old friend who has died under unusual circumstances. The corpse, that of cynical philosophy professor Ryuji Takayama, has something to tell him. And Ryuji isn't the only one who chooses to make a reappearance in this story. You don't know what the RING is yet. The terms of the curse of the videotape undergo a jaw-dropping reconfiguration in this novel, the horror master's stunning reinvention of his own bestselling tale. Spiral is written as a stand-alone work; for Ring fans, its' a sequel that redefines the word.Particularize Books During Spiral (Ring #2)
| Original Title: | らせん [Rasen] |
| ISBN: | 1932234160 (ISBN13: 9781932234169) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Ring #2 |
Rating About Books Spiral (Ring #2)
Ratings: 3.75 From 4458 Users | 329 ReviewsComment On About Books Spiral (Ring #2)
Huh. Well, that was...interesting. Overall, I can say I enjoyed it. But two things chipped away at the star rating: 1) not enough creee-py (though a few scenes work incredibly well) and 2) waaaaay too much solving of codes and clues and shop-talk about genetics and DNA (oh, and these biological aspects are much more strap on your suspension of disbelief fantastical than this guy's done his research science fiction with the emphasis on science). There's some crazy ass theories going on in theseWhile the first book had subtle sexism that was merely annoying, this book's sexism was all out disgusting. I enjoyed the storyline and the paranormal mystery of it all, but the gross male characters kept getting in the way. Examples: male character saying he can smell when a woman is on her period, implying that women feel weak and off balance when they're on their periods, not having any complex or fleshed out female characters, smelling a woman's panties when you barely know her, attempting
I wasn't as impressed with Spiral as I was with Ring. I thought it was a slight step down, but still a good book. We meet some new characters in Spiral, mainly Ando, a coroner, and his colleague Miyashita. Similar to the last book with Asakawa and Ryuji, these new characters form a duo who try to uncover the truth behind the mysterious deaths that occurred in Ring. In this vein the story is somewhat derivative. That being said, Ring ends on a cliffhanger and that is not only resolved but becomes

Rating: 4.5 / 5Ultimately, it all comes down to how much craziness a person can stand and/or prefers to have in their stories. I came to this novel because I did not know what "Ring" was from just the first one, and the expansion of the concept was intriguing alongside Koji Suzuki's superb writing style. So, I read on.If I had to sum up Spiral, I would say that it is a metaphysical take on Ring, in that the first novel is actually a player in this story as a story in story form. The main
Suzuki's plots are batshit crazy and I love it. I read Ring a long time ago and was dumbfounded by how much I enjoyed Suzuki's pace and writing. Surprisingly, the eeriness of Nakata's Ring movie captured the spookiness of the novel perfectly, and so, having watched the movie prior to reading, it was a satisfying experience as a fan of the franchise both on screen and on paper. Spiral is the direct second installment of the Ring series and in it, Suzuki turns up the "weird" full throttle. I
Since I dont like horror story and fear of ghosts, Ive always longed for the horror which can be explained by science, and THIS IS IT. I love how Suzuki tries to breaks the boundary between science and supernatural things, and he does it so well and really convincing. It makes me ask: what if the superstition and science have been the same thing all along? And what if, on the other hand, science is just one form of superstition?At the end of the version of the book I read, one says this book is
It's a good thing this book was written in such a fluid, easily-read style, because I don't know that I'd have stayed with it otherwise. As it was, several portions got bogged down in a textbook-type science language that I tended to skip over (and the narrative lost nothing for it).This story incorporates more horror elements than did the first book (Ring), and so is closer in nature to a horror novel for it. However, the heavy use of science (both real and imagined) places the story


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.