Details Of Books Static
| Title | : | Static |
| Author | : | L.A. Witt |
| Book Format | : | ebook |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 283 pages |
| Published | : | January 20th 2014 by Riptide Publishing (first published June 17th 2011) |
| Categories | : | Romance. M M Romance. Fantasy. Paranormal. Science Fiction. Shapeshifters. LGBT |
L.A. Witt
ebook | Pages: 283 pages Rating: 3.92 | 1218 Users | 278 Reviews
Narrative In Favor Of Books Static
After two years together, Alex has been dreading the inevitable moment when Damon learns the truth: that Alex is a shifter, part of a small percentage of the population able to switch genders at will. Thanks to a forced implant, though, Alex is suddenly static—unable to shift—and male. Overnight, he’s out to a world that neither understands nor tolerates shifters . . . and to his heterosexual boyfriend. Damon is stunned to discover his girlfriend is a shifter, and scared to death of the dangers the implant poses to Alex’s health. He refuses to abandon Alex, but what about their relationship? Damon is straight, and with the implant both costly and dangerous to remove, Alex is stuck as a man. Stripped of half his identity and facing serious physical and social ramifications, Alex needs Damon more than ever, but he doesn’t see how they can get through this. Especially if he’s static forever.
Declare Books To Static
| Original Title: | Static |
| ISBN: | 162649102X (ISBN13: 9781626491021) URL http://www.riptidepublishing.com/titles/static |
| Characters: | Alex Nichols (Static), Damon Bryce |
| Literary Awards: | Gaylactic Spectrum Award Nominee for Best Novel (2012), Lambda Literary Award Nominee for LGBT Sci Fi/Fantasy/Horror & Transgender Fiction (2012), Rainbow Award for Best Bisexual/Transgender Sci-Fi / Paranormal / Fantasy (2011) |
Rating Of Books Static
Ratings: 3.92 From 1218 Users | 278 ReviewsCriticism Of Books Static
I liked this story. Did I love it? I loved parts of it. I wish the time change from week to week wasn't so much. What I mean by that is they are talking and getting along and then it's a week later or even two weeks later. I wanted that time between on page; I wanted to see them interact with each other more. Damon is a really great guy. Totally a fictional male ;).He is sweet and understanding. He is scared but doesn't let that stop him from helping Alex. With the help of his friend, DamonAudiobook review4,5 starsI'm in love with this book and these characters. This book fascinated me. Ive read numerous shifter stories before, but those were shifting human to animal or different creatures. Static was about shifting genders. It was new and it was different, but more than that I loved every word of it.Damon and Alex are in love, they've been together two years and Damon is doing his best to convince Alex to marry him, only so far she's resisting. Yes, I did say she, because as
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance Is gender really important? That is the question posed by Static.Two things drew me to this book, the first being a good GR friend wrote a fantastic review and, the second this topic is out of my comfort zone and I wanted to push my envelope, so to speak.Let me qualify my statement about this being out of my comfort zone, "this" being the transgendered. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying I have a hard time wrapping my mind around transgenderism. I've had

True rating: 2.75 stars; rounding up because of the great imagination and writing displayed here. I am a bit bummed. The relationship between these two guys hasn't been fully fleshed out and the ending, although a sweet HFN, was too ambiguous and rushed. I wanted more, especially after all that. The story up to the end was great ... it was the ending that had my rating (relatively) plummeting :-/. More specifically, I would have liked Alex to have remained (view spoiler)[male (hide spoiler)] or
I enjoyed this book very much-- the idea as a metaphor for transgender identity was brilliant, and it did what good sci-fi SHOULD do--show us our own world on a canvas so subtly warped, with colors so delicately changed from our own reality that the truths of our own societal inadequacies aren't hurtful--they are simply revealing. The fact that Witt tackled this difficult, delicate subject in speculative fiction was, in fact, ingenious, and it truly made a solid, important point about respecting
Have you ever played that game with your significant other, the one that goes 'Would you still love me if..."? Would you still love me if I grew hair all over my entire body? Would you still love me if I had Hobbit feet? How about this one, 'Would you still love me if I was suddenly the opposite gender?' For some, that's probably a real toughy. I know my own husband very gently told me that while he still would love me, he's not sure that he could remain intimate with me. I'm not offended, human
Strictly speaking, this is not an m/m romance. But if you're interested in gender roles, the way society forces us to conform to "normal" behavior or people who are intersex, this is one hell of a read.In the book Alex and Damon only have sex while Alex is male but in the end (s)he gets the ability to shift between male and female back. Alex needs to be (and have sex) in both a female and a male body and Damon has learned that outer appearances don't matter. It's about the person you love and


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.