Home 
A marvoulous novel of coming home and going full circle. Raised in rural Georiga. Drafted into the Vietnam war. Returning, after the war, to save his sister realizing life and love is where it all begins. Going through racial hatred, self-hatred, and the dangerous of life. A must read. Toni Morrison writing is vibrant, vivid, and powerful. A must buy and read for all times. A Must Read For Everyone. A must read.
The divine Toni Morrison has been giving us shorter novels to enjoy lately. As with A Mercy, Home comes in at an unintimidating page count. But in this novel, in addition to brevity (it can easily be read over the course of a day if you have some spare time) we are also gifted with greater accessibility. Many non-book readers, and non literary fiction readers, steer clear of Toni Morrison because her exquisite use of language does not make for light reading. Her poetic verse can be challenging

A man recently released from the Korean War is heading back across the United States. He is traveling from the West Coast to a town in rural Georgia where his sister is in some kind of trouble. The man has PTSD. He has incidents. In fact he just escaped from a mental hospital where he was thrown in after one such unidentified incident. He is traveling south by train and bus, getting money from ministers of black churches. The south is still segregated so he often has to pee in the bushes at bus
Home is my first book by Toni Morrison: I picked it because it was the easiest to find at the library, and I kept seeing the author's name in my friends reviews. I believe I've stumbled upon something good. If I go by the ratings and the mixed reviews here at Goodreads, I expect I will run out of stars to give when I get to her more notorious novels, seeing as I couldn't give less than five stars on my first experience of the author's work. I could find no real fault with the presentation.
"Home" by Toni Morrison lacks the amazing and breathtaking descriptions in so many of her other books. It lacks the many fascinating, well-developed characters in her other books, and it lacks the magical and lyrical backdrop that she is so famous for, but what it doesn't lack is its brilliance."Home" is a short novel, 147 pages, and the word count is probably one-fourth her usual word count in books like "Paradise" and "Beloved." Frank, is a Korean war veteran who with two other friends joins
I wanted to dislike this book for its dismal "mood." Hesitant, I wondered whether to continue reading this now, or abandon it for later, when I could bear the thought of stepping back into time with the main character as he visited a traumatic past. I don't quite know how to welcome hopelessness as a thematic undertone and overtone, so this week especially, I didn't know whether I could suffer with Frank as he faced the world with an outlook of disdain and pure agony, remembering when he had no
Toni Morrison
Hardcover | Pages: 147 pages Rating: 3.76 | 17629 Users | 2358 Reviews

Specify Books In Favor Of Home
| Original Title: | Home |
| ISBN: | 0307594165 (ISBN13: 9780307594167) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Setting: | Georgia(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Fiction (2013) |
Rendition Concering Books Home
America's most celebrated novelist, Nobel Prize-winner Toni Morrison extends her profound take on our history with this twentieth-century tale of redemption: a taut and tortured story about one man's desperate search for himself in a world disfigured by war. Frank Money is an angry, self-loathing veteran of the Korean War who, after traumatic experiences on the front lines, finds himself back in racist America with more than just physical scars. His home may seem alien to him, but he is shocked out of his crippling apathy by the need to rescue his medically abused younger sister and take her back to the small Georgia town they come from and that he's hated all his life. As Frank revisits his memories from childhood and the war that have left him questioning his sense of self, he discovers a profound courage he had thought he could never possess again. A deeply moving novel about an apparently defeated man finding his manhood - and his home.Declare Epithetical Books Home
| Title | : | Home |
| Author | : | Toni Morrison |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 147 pages |
| Published | : | May 8th 2012 by Knopf (first published April 3rd 2011) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Cultural. African American. War. Literary Fiction. Literature. Novels |
Rating Epithetical Books Home
Ratings: 3.76 From 17629 Users | 2358 ReviewsPiece Epithetical Books Home
Toni Morrisons new novel, Home, begins with two children witnessing a man being buried presumably alive. Its a strong opening. We could not see the faces of the men doing the burying, only their trousers; but we saw the edge of a spade drive the jerking foot down to join the rest of itself. But its also a testament to this unsubtle books endless litany of atrocities that by the end, Id almost totally forgotten about the man being buried alive. Think about that for a moment: the book is a mereA marvoulous novel of coming home and going full circle. Raised in rural Georiga. Drafted into the Vietnam war. Returning, after the war, to save his sister realizing life and love is where it all begins. Going through racial hatred, self-hatred, and the dangerous of life. A must read. Toni Morrison writing is vibrant, vivid, and powerful. A must buy and read for all times. A Must Read For Everyone. A must read.
The divine Toni Morrison has been giving us shorter novels to enjoy lately. As with A Mercy, Home comes in at an unintimidating page count. But in this novel, in addition to brevity (it can easily be read over the course of a day if you have some spare time) we are also gifted with greater accessibility. Many non-book readers, and non literary fiction readers, steer clear of Toni Morrison because her exquisite use of language does not make for light reading. Her poetic verse can be challenging

A man recently released from the Korean War is heading back across the United States. He is traveling from the West Coast to a town in rural Georgia where his sister is in some kind of trouble. The man has PTSD. He has incidents. In fact he just escaped from a mental hospital where he was thrown in after one such unidentified incident. He is traveling south by train and bus, getting money from ministers of black churches. The south is still segregated so he often has to pee in the bushes at bus
Home is my first book by Toni Morrison: I picked it because it was the easiest to find at the library, and I kept seeing the author's name in my friends reviews. I believe I've stumbled upon something good. If I go by the ratings and the mixed reviews here at Goodreads, I expect I will run out of stars to give when I get to her more notorious novels, seeing as I couldn't give less than five stars on my first experience of the author's work. I could find no real fault with the presentation.
"Home" by Toni Morrison lacks the amazing and breathtaking descriptions in so many of her other books. It lacks the many fascinating, well-developed characters in her other books, and it lacks the magical and lyrical backdrop that she is so famous for, but what it doesn't lack is its brilliance."Home" is a short novel, 147 pages, and the word count is probably one-fourth her usual word count in books like "Paradise" and "Beloved." Frank, is a Korean war veteran who with two other friends joins
I wanted to dislike this book for its dismal "mood." Hesitant, I wondered whether to continue reading this now, or abandon it for later, when I could bear the thought of stepping back into time with the main character as he visited a traumatic past. I don't quite know how to welcome hopelessness as a thematic undertone and overtone, so this week especially, I didn't know whether I could suffer with Frank as he faced the world with an outlook of disdain and pure agony, remembering when he had no


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.