A Certain Slant of Light (Light #1) 
This was one of the weirdest books I've ever read, I am now terrified of ghosts.|✨BLOG✨| ✨TWITTER✨|✨BOOKSTAGRAM✨|
What a disappointing read this was. After seeing all the high ratings for this (including my own daughter's 4-star rating), I was eagerly anticipating a unique and touching ghost story. Sad to say, nothing in this story touched me in any way, and in fact it's one of the worst books I've read in 2011 so far, filled with ham-fisted stereotypes and unbelievable character actions.Whitcomb actually had a fairly interesting premise starting out. Helen, a young woman dead for 150 years, makes her way

I was told it is a modern ghost story. But really, it is so much more then just a ghost story. Yes, the main character, Helen, is dead. And yes, I will admit Helen haunts people, or rather, attaches herself to certain people. But the people she "haunts" are, for the most part, unaware of her presence. She doesn't go around scaring people. So I want to make it clear, this isn't a spooky ghost story. When all is said and done, this story is about love, self-discovery and forgiveness. Laura
What a beautiful, compelling, and unique story. Definitely one of the better young adult novels I've read. The best part is it was almost like getting two stories in one. You've got Helen and James' super natural story, then you've got Jenny and Billy's more grounded one. I found myself caring greatly for the outcome of both sets of characters. The author did an amazing job at keeping the two story-lines separate. There was never any confusion as to who was who, yet they were also so closely
4.5 stars Wow. Is this really being shelved in young adult fiction? Laura Whitcomb's writing is deliciously wordy, witty, and wonderful, and the story surprisingly complex with many mature themes. The author did a fantastic job of minding the formal speech and thought patterns of Helen's background and contrasting them with the jarring reality of present day, all while ruminating on human existence and forgiveness and the value of a life well-lived. This is an exceptionally intelligent YA book
What a difficult, beautiful and fascinating book. It wasn't riveting or necessarily suspenseful, although it was filled with incredibly unique descriptions from a ghost's point of view, that if I didn't know any better, I would sincerely believe the author actually spent time as one. Helen is a ghost and for the first time in 130 years, human eyes are looking at her. Those eyes belong to a boy who has not seemed remarkable until now. Helen is terrified and also unnerved by the fact that he can
Laura Whitcomb
Paperback | Pages: 282 pages Rating: 3.83 | 18536 Users | 1882 Reviews

Itemize Books In Favor Of A Certain Slant of Light (Light #1)
| Original Title: | A Certain Slant of Light |
| ISBN: | 061858532X (ISBN13: 9780618585328) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Light #1 |
| Literary Awards: | Lincoln Award Nominee (2008), Missouri Gateway Readers Award Nominee (2008) |
Ilustration To Books A Certain Slant of Light (Light #1)
In the class of the high school English teacher she has been haunting, Helen feels them: for the first time in 130 years, human eyes are looking at her. They belong to a boy, a boy who has not seemed remarkable until now. And Helen--terrified, but intrigued--is drawn to him. The fact that he is in a body and she is not presents this unlikely couple with their first challenge. But as the lovers struggle to find a way to be together, they begin to discover the secrets of their former lives and of the young people they come to possess.Point Containing Books A Certain Slant of Light (Light #1)
| Title | : | A Certain Slant of Light (Light #1) |
| Author | : | Laura Whitcomb |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 282 pages |
| Published | : | September 21st 2005 by HMH Books for Young Readers |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fantasy. Paranormal. Romance. Ghosts. Fiction |
Rating Containing Books A Certain Slant of Light (Light #1)
Ratings: 3.83 From 18536 Users | 1882 ReviewsCriticize Containing Books A Certain Slant of Light (Light #1)
TBR Reduction Challange #4 (Kirsten)I have never read anything like this before!I must admit that it took me some time to get used to the whole concept of body snatching and that I could never really shake the feeling that James and Helen were doing something wrong by inhabiting those "empty" bodies but nevertheless, after about 50 pages I was completely hooked. I remember going through a mass of different emotions while reading this. I loved seeing how James and Helen experienced how it is toThis was one of the weirdest books I've ever read, I am now terrified of ghosts.|✨BLOG✨| ✨TWITTER✨|✨BOOKSTAGRAM✨|
What a disappointing read this was. After seeing all the high ratings for this (including my own daughter's 4-star rating), I was eagerly anticipating a unique and touching ghost story. Sad to say, nothing in this story touched me in any way, and in fact it's one of the worst books I've read in 2011 so far, filled with ham-fisted stereotypes and unbelievable character actions.Whitcomb actually had a fairly interesting premise starting out. Helen, a young woman dead for 150 years, makes her way

I was told it is a modern ghost story. But really, it is so much more then just a ghost story. Yes, the main character, Helen, is dead. And yes, I will admit Helen haunts people, or rather, attaches herself to certain people. But the people she "haunts" are, for the most part, unaware of her presence. She doesn't go around scaring people. So I want to make it clear, this isn't a spooky ghost story. When all is said and done, this story is about love, self-discovery and forgiveness. Laura
What a beautiful, compelling, and unique story. Definitely one of the better young adult novels I've read. The best part is it was almost like getting two stories in one. You've got Helen and James' super natural story, then you've got Jenny and Billy's more grounded one. I found myself caring greatly for the outcome of both sets of characters. The author did an amazing job at keeping the two story-lines separate. There was never any confusion as to who was who, yet they were also so closely
4.5 stars Wow. Is this really being shelved in young adult fiction? Laura Whitcomb's writing is deliciously wordy, witty, and wonderful, and the story surprisingly complex with many mature themes. The author did a fantastic job of minding the formal speech and thought patterns of Helen's background and contrasting them with the jarring reality of present day, all while ruminating on human existence and forgiveness and the value of a life well-lived. This is an exceptionally intelligent YA book
What a difficult, beautiful and fascinating book. It wasn't riveting or necessarily suspenseful, although it was filled with incredibly unique descriptions from a ghost's point of view, that if I didn't know any better, I would sincerely believe the author actually spent time as one. Helen is a ghost and for the first time in 130 years, human eyes are looking at her. Those eyes belong to a boy who has not seemed remarkable until now. Helen is terrified and also unnerved by the fact that he can


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.