Be Specific About Books Concering Cuckold
| Original Title: | Cuckold |
| ISBN: | 8172232578 (ISBN13: 9788172232573) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Meerabai, Bhojraj Singh |
| Setting: | Mewar, Rajasthan(India) |
| Literary Awards: | Sahitya Akademi Award |
Kiran Nagarkar
Hardcover | Pages: 609 pages Rating: 4.16 | 1379 Users | 163 Reviews

Define Appertaining To Books Cuckold
| Title | : | Cuckold |
| Author | : | Kiran Nagarkar |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 609 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 1997 by Harper Collins Publishers |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Cultural. India. Historical. Historical Fiction. Asian Literature. Indian Literature |
Representaion Supposing Books Cuckold
The time is early 16th century. The Rajput kingdom of Mewar is at the height of its power. It is locked in war with the Sultanates of Delhi, Gujarat and Malwa. But there is another deadly battle being waged within Mewar itself. who will inherit the throne after the death of the Maharana? The course of history, not just of Mewar but of the whole of India, is about to be changed forever. At the centre of Cuckold is the narrator, heir apparent of Mewar, who questions the codes, conventions and underlying assumptions of the feudal world of which he is a part, a world in which political and personal conduct are dictated by values of courage, valour and courtesy; and death is preferable to dishonour. A quintessentially Indian story, Cuckold has an immediacy and appeal that are truely universal.Rating Appertaining To Books Cuckold
Ratings: 4.16 From 1379 Users | 163 ReviewsCrit Appertaining To Books Cuckold
How do you compete with a rival, no less than Lord Krishna, for the undivided attention of your girl?This and many such other questions form the bedrock of this Sahitya Academy award winning story from Mr. Kiran Nagarkar.I must say that i quiet enjoy, reading about fictional characters interwoven the backdrop of known history. Here we have the fictional Maharaj Kumar (in history he was known as Prince Bhojraj) married to Meerabai. The book is a perspective of a much in love price with this saintCouldn't put this down. In fact, almost didn't feel like reading the last few pages as that would mean the end of the story... Wonderful story, language, intrigue, perspective...
We were that rarest of couples. Even after years of marriage we were madly in love. I with her and she with somebody else. Cuckold is set in early sixteenth-century Mewar, one of the many smallish kingdoms occupying the area of what's now Rajasthan state, in northwest India. Frankly you could tell me anything about sixteenth-century Mewar and I would have no reason to disbelieve you; my complete ignorance of the period and place is one of the things that made reading this book such a

I have only one word to describe it. Stunning . It's been a while since I got such a feeling on completing a book! I don't know why I did not read it sooner. Superbly dramatic in treatment, full of wicked and unexpected twists and turns in its plotting, amazingly passionate, imaginative and heartbreaking, it is one of the best novels I have read by an Indian novelist. The author has put in an impressive amount of research into this novel. The story is about a hopeless love triangle. One angle of
We were that rarest of couples. Even after years of marriage we were madly in love. I with her and she with somebody else. Cuckold is set in early sixteenth-century Mewar, one of the many smallish kingdoms occupying the area of what's now Rajasthan state, in northwest India. Frankly you could tell me anything about sixteenth-century Mewar and I would have no reason to disbelieve you; my complete ignorance of the period and place is one of the things that made reading this book such a
4.5 stars - Long review alert (and also a fair bit of gushing!)This book is quite the tome, and not the kind I could breeze through either. It took me quite some time to read it, probably because I found I could digest it only in bite sized portions. The seemingly slow pace of the book is because of the fact that it is so richly packed with nuance; there are several, intricate layers to each character (even the minor ones) and to each sub-plot. I realized that, if I wanted to absorb all of this,
How strange it must have been to the Crown Prince of Mewar - or to any man for that matter, when your beautiful bride, the one with the green eyes as he calls her- refuses to sleep with him on his wedding night. He is confused, sad and lonely. Things have never too easy for the Rajkumar. The Rajput Kingdom of Mewar is locked in battles with the Sultanates of Mewar, Malwa and Gujerat. Then there are the scheming wives of the Maharana, who want to oust the Rajkumar from power so that their own son


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.