Specify Epithetical Books The Chimes
| Title | : | The Chimes |
| Author | : | Anna Smaill |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 291 pages |
| Published | : | February 12th 2015 by Sceptre |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Fiction. Science Fiction. Dystopia. Music |

Anna Smaill
Hardcover | Pages: 291 pages Rating: 3.38 | 2644 Users | 576 Reviews
Relation Concering Books The Chimes
The Chimes is set in a reimagined London, in a world where people cannot form new memories, and the written word has been forbidden and destroyed.In the absence of both memory and writing is music.
In a world where the past is a mystery, each new day feels the same as the last, and before is blasphemy, all appears lost. But Simon Wythern, a young man who arrives in London seeking the truth about what really happened to his parents, discovers he has a gift that could change all of this forever.
A stunning literary debut by poet and violinist Anna Smaill, The Chimes is a startlingly original work that combines beautiful, inventive prose with incredible imagination.
Identify Books As The Chimes
| Original Title: | The Chimes |
| ISBN: | 1444794523 (ISBN13: 9781444794526) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | Booker Prize Nominee for Longlist (2015), World Fantasy Award for Best Novel (2016), Ockham New Zealand Book Awards Nominee for Fiction (Longlist) (2016) |
Rating Epithetical Books The Chimes
Ratings: 3.38 From 2644 Users | 576 ReviewsCrit Epithetical Books The Chimes
I'm really conflicted, but I did really like the middle. I shall be back with a full review once I've got my thoughts in order *sings song to help me* 😂After having read half of this book, I've decided to DNF it. Not because it's bad, but because it's just not a book for me. The story is definitely very original and quite intriguing, but it's written in a very messy and boring way, and 50% through the book I'm still not interested in any of the characters. Unfortunately! :-(
In the quiet days of power,Seven ravens in the tower.When you clip the raven's wing,Then the bird begins to sing." What is Memory? Let us think on its importance for a moment. Can we even begin to imagine a life without it? Our mind a blank sheet and unable to store and retrieve the moments of our lives.Where would we be without Memory? When we don't remember we lack the means to be reminded of our mistakes.When we don't remember our mistakes,we end up repeating them. Now,I think we agree our

3.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2016/05/06/...Lately, several books have made me think a lot harder about the collective memory of humanity and this one is the most recent. What if we lost that memory, or something happened to prevent us from remembering? What if we lost the ability to record our memories and knowledge for posterity?In Anna Smaills The Chimes, this is the reality for our young protagonist Simon. Orphaned and alone, with only vague instructions from
I started this book because it was on the Man Booker Prize longlist, then set it aside for a while after it didn't make the shortlist. I decided it was worth finishing and went back to it.I had some difficulties understanding pieces of this book, even sending me back to re-read the first fifty pages and watching various YouTube video reviews of it to try to sort it out. One video featuring two ManBooker Vloggers helped enormously, but it has spoilers if you care about that. They talked about how
Young orphan, Simon Wythern, leaves the farm he grew up on and heads to London carrying only his memory bag. In his memory bag are the items which contain the memories that he wants to hold onto, all the bits of the life hes led thus far. You see, in Simons world, the only memories people retain are those that they carry in their memory bag. If you lose your memory bag, you become one of the nameless, those wandering without purpose, where each day is a new day, without memories of the days that
2.5The writing was beautiful. But the book was a fucking SNOOZEFEST. I guess I liked the idea of this book much more than the book itself. If I have to be honest I almost dropped it 50 pages in, because it was so...slow. The Chimes has such a slow and confusing start and I really struggled with it.> The writing is beautiful. It actually saved the book from getting less than 2 stars from me. It shows that the author usually writes poetry, because her writing was poetic and lyrical and utterly


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.