Books The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6) Online Free Download

Share:

List Regarding Books The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6)

Title:The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6)
Author:Joan Aiken
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First American Edition
Pages:Pages: 306 pages
Published:1971 by Doubleday & Company, Inc.
Categories:Fantasy. Childrens. Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Adventure. Young Adult. Science Fiction. Alternate History
Books The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6) Online Free Download
The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6) Hardcover | Pages: 306 pages
Rating: 4.03 | 979 Users | 56 Reviews

Commentary Toward Books The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6)

While her friend Capt Hughes recovers from a carriage accident, Dido is marooned with the odd inhabitants of the Tegleaze estate. Soon suspicious things happen; a priceless possession is stolen, a boy kidnapped, a twin sister found and when Dido catches a glimpse of her rascally father in Petworth, she is sure she is in the midst of another wicked Hanoverian plot. Can she combat mass hypnotism, smugglers, and a gang of murderers to prevent the plot to put St Paul`s Cathedral in the River Thames?

Mention Books Conducive To The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6)

Original Title: The Cuckoo Tree
ISBN: 0385030711 (ISBN13: 9780385030717)
Series: The Wolves Chronicles #6


Rating Regarding Books The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6)
Ratings: 4.03 From 979 Users | 56 Reviews

Write-Up Regarding Books The Cuckoo Tree (The Wolves Chronicles #6)
I'm still enjoying the adventures of Dido Twite. It was fun that her old pa was in this one with yet another Hanovarian plot. And now there is the promise of Simon as well in book 7!

At the height of her powers, there's no-one to match Aiken for the verve and ingenuity of her stories, and for heroines, there's precious few to match the inimitable Dido Twite. Returned at last from her voyaging, Did quickly becomes ensnared in another Hanoverian plot to do something utterly mad at the coronation ceremony of the new king. Witches and smugglers and lost twins and scheming cousins and cheerful smugglers and sinister puppet shows are all elements of this rollicking tale.

This book was actually the first one I read from this series, back when I was about 9 years old. I absolutely loved it and I loved its sequel, Dido and Pa. This books is what sparked my interest in the whole series and I'm so happy to get the chance to read it now in the correct order! I wanted to know if, after reading about all of Dido's other adventures, whether my opinion on this novel would be different or not ... so here is my review: Once again, we are in for a wacky adventure. Every time

It is a pity that this giant of a storyteller has passed. I'm not big on fairy tales and children's stories but this was both entertaining and a marvel. It is a cobwebbed reflection of the world children live in and their view of the adults who plan their fate. I genuinely enjoyed this read.

The Cuckoo Tree is a quirky book with characters that are surprisingly unique. The main character, Dido, has just disembarked from a merchant ship and is on her way by stagecoach to London with "her captain" where he is to deliver a message of highest urgency ahead of the upcoming coronation. The coach overturns, and not by accident. Cast up in the middle of nowhere, Dido seeks help from a moldering manor house and launches an adventure that involves highwaymen, scurrilous lawyers, scheming old

Dido Twite is a great heroine, all mouthy action, sharp elbows and ideas, and this is the first of the series I've read where she's the main character, but I didn't enjoy this nearly as much as my other two forays into Joan Aiken's many books - The Wolves of Willoughby Chase, and Black Hearts in Battersea which I thought were both brilliant. Somehow the plot here is not as strong, it feels as if there's too much beginning and not enough end, because the denoument has brilliant possibilities,

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.