Trunk Music (Harry Bosch #5) 
It starts with the body of a Hollywood producer in the trunk of a Rolls-Royce, shot twice in the head at close range - what looks like "trunk music," a Mafia hit. But the LAPD's organized crime unit is curiously uninterested, and when Harry follows a trail of gambling debts to Las Vegas, the case suddenly becomes more complex - and much more personal.
A rekindled romance with an old girlfriend opens new perspectives on the murder, and he begins to glimpse a shocking triangle of corruption and collusion. Yanked off the case, Harry himself is soon the one being investigated. But only a bullet can stop Harry when he's searching for the truth . . .
3.75 stars. I enjoyed this, but the premise just wasn't as compelling for me as has been the case with all of the other Connelly books I've read. I didn't care about the victim, honestly, and the peripheral characters were just ok. Connelly's writing is always great and oh, so easy to sink into. The audio performance was also solid. But this one was just ok for me. I will say this: Harry has a new boss and I just love her. And I love the chemistry between them. So much better than the awful
This is my first Michael Connelly, and thus, obviously, my first Harry Bosch mystery. And, as always, I throw continuity to the wind and start somewhere in the middle! Who needs beginnings?Note: The rest of this review has been withdrawn due to the changes in Goodreads policy and enforcement. You can read why I came to this decision here.In the meantime, you can read the entire review at Smorgasbook

Time saver tip: if you've read my review of any Harry Bosch book, you've read 'em all. Since I don't reveal plots and reserve my comments to the overall book/author, characterization, style, etc...I just don't feel the need to repeat myself as in most cases series books if any good at all do remain consistent. The star ratings might change, but not my opinion of the series as a whole.Michael Connelly is a well know and very popular author in the mystery/detective and police procedural genres.
Trunk Music = Mob Hit, I didn't know that. This is #5 in the Bosch series and Harry is back in full force after being forced into involuntary leave. A producer has been killed and stuffed in a trunk. Harrys team is on it. We have some new characters to read about. Jerry Edgar and Kizman Rider. I like these two so far. Rider seems to be drawn up as a temp detective and might be moving on to bigger and better things but I hope she decides to stay. Edgar is a man, what can I say. Your typical
5 stars.🇺🇸🌺
Trunk Music by Michael Connelly is the 5th book in the Harry Bosch series. After being demoted to burglary, Harry returns to the homicide division and his first case is the shooting of a small time film producer found dead in the trunk of his rolls royce. He is discovered to have ties to the mob and Las Vegas, where harry comes across his ex-girlfriend who we met in the first book, Elenor Wish. Another great book in this series with just what we have come to expect. Lots of twists and plenty of
Michael Connelly
Paperback | Pages: 448 pages Rating: 4.18 | 51478 Users | 1554 Reviews

Itemize Books During Trunk Music (Harry Bosch #5)
| Original Title: | Trunk Music |
| ISBN: | 0312941919 (ISBN13: 9780312941918) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Harry Bosch #5, Harry Bosch Universe #6 |
| Characters: | Hieronymus "Harry" Bosch, Eleanor Wish, Roy Lindell, Kizmin "Kiz" Rider, Jerry Edgar, Irvin Irving, Grace Billets, Veronica Aliso, Ray Powers, John Chastain, Art Donovan, Luke Goshen, John Felton, Dominic Carbone, Leon Fitzgerald, Joey Marks, John Iverson, Hank Meyer, Gussie Flanagan, Gretchen Alexander |
| Setting: | Los Angeles, California(United States) Las Vegas, Nevada(United States) California(United States) …more Nevada(United States) …less |
| Literary Awards: | Barry Award for Best Novel (1998), Macavity Award Nominee for Best Mystery Novel (1998), Hammett Prize Nominee (1997) |
Ilustration In Favor Of Books Trunk Music (Harry Bosch #5)
Back on the job after an involuntary leave of absence, LAPD homicide detective Harry Bosch is ready for a challenge. But his first case is a little more than he bargained for.It starts with the body of a Hollywood producer in the trunk of a Rolls-Royce, shot twice in the head at close range - what looks like "trunk music," a Mafia hit. But the LAPD's organized crime unit is curiously uninterested, and when Harry follows a trail of gambling debts to Las Vegas, the case suddenly becomes more complex - and much more personal.
A rekindled romance with an old girlfriend opens new perspectives on the murder, and he begins to glimpse a shocking triangle of corruption and collusion. Yanked off the case, Harry himself is soon the one being investigated. But only a bullet can stop Harry when he's searching for the truth . . .
Describe Out Of Books Trunk Music (Harry Bosch #5)
| Title | : | Trunk Music (Harry Bosch #5) |
| Author | : | Michael Connelly |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 448 pages |
| Published | : | November 28th 2006 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 28th 1997) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Fiction. Crime. Thriller. Detective |
Rating Out Of Books Trunk Music (Harry Bosch #5)
Ratings: 4.18 From 51478 Users | 1554 ReviewsDiscuss Out Of Books Trunk Music (Harry Bosch #5)
Harry's back from enforced "stress leave" and anxious to get assigned to a case. When he and his team find Tony Aliso's body in the trunk of his car, Harry fights to hold onto it instead of handing it over to the guys in the Organized Crime Investigation Division. What first appears to be mob "trunk music" turns out to be so much more. As usual, Harry's solid investigative instincts makes the procedurals so interesting, especially when things get dicey. He's heading up a three-person team,3.75 stars. I enjoyed this, but the premise just wasn't as compelling for me as has been the case with all of the other Connelly books I've read. I didn't care about the victim, honestly, and the peripheral characters were just ok. Connelly's writing is always great and oh, so easy to sink into. The audio performance was also solid. But this one was just ok for me. I will say this: Harry has a new boss and I just love her. And I love the chemistry between them. So much better than the awful
This is my first Michael Connelly, and thus, obviously, my first Harry Bosch mystery. And, as always, I throw continuity to the wind and start somewhere in the middle! Who needs beginnings?Note: The rest of this review has been withdrawn due to the changes in Goodreads policy and enforcement. You can read why I came to this decision here.In the meantime, you can read the entire review at Smorgasbook

Time saver tip: if you've read my review of any Harry Bosch book, you've read 'em all. Since I don't reveal plots and reserve my comments to the overall book/author, characterization, style, etc...I just don't feel the need to repeat myself as in most cases series books if any good at all do remain consistent. The star ratings might change, but not my opinion of the series as a whole.Michael Connelly is a well know and very popular author in the mystery/detective and police procedural genres.
Trunk Music = Mob Hit, I didn't know that. This is #5 in the Bosch series and Harry is back in full force after being forced into involuntary leave. A producer has been killed and stuffed in a trunk. Harrys team is on it. We have some new characters to read about. Jerry Edgar and Kizman Rider. I like these two so far. Rider seems to be drawn up as a temp detective and might be moving on to bigger and better things but I hope she decides to stay. Edgar is a man, what can I say. Your typical
5 stars.🇺🇸🌺
Trunk Music by Michael Connelly is the 5th book in the Harry Bosch series. After being demoted to burglary, Harry returns to the homicide division and his first case is the shooting of a small time film producer found dead in the trunk of his rolls royce. He is discovered to have ties to the mob and Las Vegas, where harry comes across his ex-girlfriend who we met in the first book, Elenor Wish. Another great book in this series with just what we have come to expect. Lots of twists and plenty of


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.