Be Specific About Books Supposing Jennings' Little Hut (Jennings #3)
| Original Title: | Jennings' Little Hut |
| ISBN: | 0755113675 (ISBN13: 9780755113675) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Jennings #3, Fredy |
| Literary Awards: | Auswahlliste zum Deutschen Jugendbuchpreis (1964) |
Anthony Buckeridge
Paperback | Pages: 210 pages Rating: 4.02 | 137 Users | 12 Reviews

Identify Appertaining To Books Jennings' Little Hut (Jennings #3)
| Title | : | Jennings' Little Hut (Jennings #3) |
| Author | : | Anthony Buckeridge |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 210 pages |
| Published | : | January 12th 2008 by House of Stratus (first published 1951) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Childrens. Humor |
Relation Concering Books Jennings' Little Hut (Jennings #3)
Supersonic hoo-hah! Jennings and Darbishire watched with mounting horror. Earthquakes and landslides seemed to be happening before their eyes. The little hut was heaving like a thing possessed. ‘Oh, fish-hooks!’ breathed Jennings in dismay. ‘He’s smashing up the place like a bulldozer!’ The woodland at Linbury Court becomes squatters’ territory when Jennings comes up with the idea of building huts out of reeds and branches. Jennings and Darbishire are thrilled with their construction, which even includes a patented prefabricated ventilating shaft, a special irrigation drainage canal and a pontoon suspension bridge! Gruesome hornswoggler! But things can only go horribly wrong for Jennings when he is put in charge of Elmer, the treasured goldfish, and even worse when the Headmaster pays the squatters a visit. And if Jennings thinks that a game of cricket will be far less trouble, he’s going to be knocked for six! Rotten chizzler!Rating Appertaining To Books Jennings' Little Hut (Jennings #3)
Ratings: 4.02 From 137 Users | 12 ReviewsWrite Up Appertaining To Books Jennings' Little Hut (Jennings #3)
My father had 'Jennings and Darbishire' on his shelf, which I read and re-read on many an occasion as I grew up. Since then, I've found various other installments in the series in second hand bookshops, and they're always a damnably fun read. This was no exception. I laughed my ass off on many an occasion as Jennings' problems unfolded. Jolly good fun, in an old school, 1950s way!Part of me fears that I am finally growing out of Jennings, but I hope that isn't the case, and I don't really believe it is. I just think it's possible to read him too often. Most of the chapters of this volume started life as plays on the radio. Having read all those plays recently it was a bit too soon to be reading all the same plots all over again. But there is nothing wrong with the book and I'm sure that after a few years have passed I will enjoy reading it again, but it would probably be
Mark Williams reads one of Anthony Buckeridge's classic school stories, abridged in five parts by Roy Apps.'Until Darbishire had finished making his famous ventilating-shaft out of that disused drain-pipe, it was just as well they had got air-conditioned walls. It was only a little hut, but Jennings was very proud of it. And the other boys at Linbury Court were proud of their huts too.Broadcast on:BBC Radio 4, 7:45pm Sunday 31st January 2010Duration:15 minutesAvailable until:8:02pm Sunday 7th

My father had 'Jennings and Darbishire' on his shelf, which I read and re-read on many an occasion as I grew up. Since then, I've found various other installments in the series in second hand bookshops, and they're always a damnably fun read. This was no exception. I laughed my ass off on many an occasion as Jennings' problems unfolded. Jolly good fun, in an old school, 1950s way!
This one really establishes the winning formula that all the best Jennings books follow without fail, namely an episodic style with one or two main plot points to bind everything together.Highlight: Mr Wilkins goes for an evening swim.
https://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8...#
My 4-star rating is for the book with the original 1964 text, NOT the awful radio show and NOT the execrable revised text text paperback edition.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.