Present Books During Old Sins
| Original Title: | Old Sins |
| ISBN: | 0099672901 (ISBN13: 9780099672906) |
| Edition Language: | English |

Penny Vincenzi
Paperback | Pages: 992 pages Rating: 4.06 | 1347 Users | 46 Reviews
Identify About Books Old Sins
| Title | : | Old Sins |
| Author | : | Penny Vincenzi |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 992 pages |
| Published | : | June 4th 1992 by Arrow (first published 1989) |
| Categories | : | Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Fiction. Romance |
Narration In Pursuance Of Books Old Sins
POWER: Two clever, stylish and ambitious women are fighting for control of a multi-million cosmetics empire. MYSTERY: What is the secret that lies behind its charming, ruthless, mysterious creator, Julian Morell - and why when he dies does he split the family inheritance between his family and a complete stranger? GLAMOUR: Here are the designer interiors, the jewels, pictures, cars and to-die-for couture of the rich and the super-rich - the glittering, fabulous world Julian created for himself, and the six powerful women who loved him. PASSION: A love story, poignant, sexy, tempestuous, spanning thirty years, a mother, a mistress, a wife and a daughter, but always overshadowed by. . . old sins.Rating About Books Old Sins
Ratings: 4.06 From 1347 Users | 46 ReviewsAssessment About Books Old Sins
This one wasn't for me. I had been looking for a good Saga, similar to Woman of Substance by Barbara Taylor-Bradford and was recommended this, but I found it slow, predictable and the characters a little cliche. Finally gave up on it and moved on. It has been suggested I try one of her others, but not at the moment.Many years ago, I worked in a hotel... And many guests (specially foreigners) used to leave behind them the paperbacks they've finished reading... So, the maids were collecting those abandoned books and bringing them to my office... So, I came across this wonderful book and fell in love with the author... When I became editor-in-chief at Laguna I fought hard to make big boss let me publish her... And I gave her wonderful translator... And I was right, many readers in Serbia fell in love with her
This book is like reading a 1980s soap opera. Glorious.

Many years ago, I worked in a hotel... And many guests (specially foreigners) used to leave behind them the paperbacks they've finished reading... So, the maids were collecting those abandoned books and bringing them to my office... So, I came across this wonderful book and fell in love with the author... When I became editor-in-chief at Laguna I fought hard to make big boss let me publish her... And I gave her wonderful translator... And I was right, many readers in Serbia fell in love with her
II give it five because of how much thought and detail went into the book. Plus the intensely and intimately written characters. I loved how casual and intimate the dialogue was. It wasn't too far-fetched and unnatural. It was so so English. I LOVED the passive aggressive jabs of English high society conversation.Yes this was basically a soap opera and a lot of sexuality: the act, appeal, and conversation (like, a lot). But I find that if some authors, like Vincenzi here, are brave enough to
Got to page 148 and can't read anymore. Very hard going and don't look forward to picking it up. Disappointing


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.