Define Books Toward The Way to Sattin Shore
| Original Title: | The Way to Sattin Shore |
| ISBN: | 0192792407 (ISBN13: 9780192792402) |
| Edition Language: | English |

Philippa Pearce
Paperback | Pages: 198 pages Rating: 3.76 | 190 Users | 19 Reviews
List Epithetical Books The Way to Sattin Shore
| Title | : | The Way to Sattin Shore |
| Author | : | Philippa Pearce |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 198 pages |
| Published | : | 2008 by Oxford University Press (first published January 1st 1983) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Childrens. Mystery. Novels. Middle Grade |
Description As Books The Way to Sattin Shore
Kate never knew her dad, but that doesn't stop her missing him. She often secretly visits the gravestone with his name on it.But when the gravestone disappears Kate has a mystery on her hands. She has to find out whta happened and as she delves deeper into her family's past, she realizes that there are many secrets to unocvet and that all the clues point to one place.
As Kate races to Sattin Shore her mind is a whirl of emotions: what she finds there will change the shape of her life forever.
Rating Epithetical Books The Way to Sattin Shore
Ratings: 3.76 From 190 Users | 19 ReviewsPiece Epithetical Books The Way to Sattin Shore
This was such a favourite of mine when I was a child. I related to the main character, Kate, who loved her Syrupy-puss the way I loved my Jubilee, spent lots of time in her room, had an elderly grandmother living downstairs, rode her bike everywhere and loved her best friend dearly. Looking back, that's perhaps why I enjoyed the book so much. A lovely story, with plenty of adventure and mystery :)Amazing.
A sweet, heartwarming story. Borrowed this from our public library years ago when I was a kid and loved it so much. One of the first books I remember re-reading as a kid.

I used to wish that I could be friends with Kate (or even be Kate, lol)
Great writing and real plot but a book full of unreliable and often not very pleasant adults. An outrageous deception has been practised upon Kate and her brothers, but there seems to be no acknowledgement of this and no real retribution or even guilt amongst the adults involved. Deep and at times dark themes but an engaging central 10 year old with her cat being a major character, and some memorable scenes such as tobogganing in the snow.
The only thing I've ever read by Philippa Pearce is Tom's Midnight Garden, so I was somewhat surprised to find this one is neither fantasy nor really historical (especially since the jacket description did it's best to conceal that fact). This is a nice book, but not one I like or will re-read as much as Tom's Midnight Garden.
Kate è timida, vive con la madre, la nonna materna e i suoi due fratelli maggiori. Non ha mai conosciuto il padre, morto il giorno della sua nascita. Ma da qualche tempo Kate è sempre inquieta, si chiede perché i fratelli litighino in continuazione e perché la lapide al cimitero sia scomparsa...Noiosetto.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.