Describe Books Concering Maya's Notebook
| Original Title: | El cuaderno de Maya |
| ISBN: | 0062105620 (ISBN13: 9780062105622) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Maya Vidal |
| Setting: | ChiloƩ Archipelago(Chile) |
Isabel Allende
Hardcover | Pages: 387 pages Rating: 3.83 | 22443 Users | 2442 Reviews
Ilustration In Favor Of Books Maya's Notebook
Isabel Allende’s latest novel, set in the present day (a new departure for the author), tells the story of a 19-year-old American girl who finds refuge on a remote island off the coast of Chile after falling into a life of drugs, crime, and prostitution. There, in the company of a torture survivor, a lame dog, and other unforgettable characters, Maya Vidal writes her story, which includes pursuit by a gang of assassins, the police, the FBI, and Interpol. In the process, she unveils a terrible family secret, comes to understand the meaning of love and loyalty, and initiates the greatest adventure of her life: the journey into her own soul.
Particularize Based On Books Maya's Notebook
| Title | : | Maya's Notebook |
| Author | : | Isabel Allende |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 387 pages |
| Published | : | April 23rd 2013 by Harper (first published 2011) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Contemporary. Young Adult. Novels. Coming Of Age. Audiobook. European Literature. Spanish Literature |
Rating Based On Books Maya's Notebook
Ratings: 3.83 From 22443 Users | 2442 ReviewsEvaluation Based On Books Maya's Notebook
I don't think 20000 characters comprise a space sufficient for me to explain why I am so utterly disappointed with this book. And yet, I feel like I almost cannot attack it, because Isabel Allende is my utmost favourite female author and I adore her books, her writing style and I respect her immensely. But this book was nothing like I thought it would be, like it could have been. Maybe because I simply cannot read "coming of age" young adult lit, I don't know. Maybe because I despise the clicheIsabel Allende is a fearless writer. She can take on magical realism, contemporary political thrillers, historical fiction, or epic sagas and craft unforgettable characters, evocative settings, and surprising plots. She is a natural storyteller with a keen sense of pacing and a flair for high drama. Unlike other authors Ive followed over the years who captivated me with early works but faded to middle road pablum as they struggle to stay relevant, Allende keeps taking chancesdamn the torpedoes.

This is an Allende book that I had a hard time with, it just did not grab me at all. Of course her writing is as always very good, but her contemporary setting and these characters were just okay. Her love for all things, Chile comes through, the Chilean superstitions and witchcraft are explored but I don't know, the usual Allende spark was missing.
El cuaderno de Maya is a book that takes place in Chile, Chiloe, to be more specific. Maya is 19 and running away from the police. We dont know why, all we know at first is that her grandma, Nini, is sending her away to this wonderful little town in Chile to keep her from those who are looking for her, and that Maya has a notebook where she writes everything she wants. Thats it. Thats the premise for this story. Thats all I had to settle with when I started reading it, so I didnt know what to
Spanish/English: Disclaimer: I was born in Chile, lived through the dictatorship with a very different experience and have been to the Island of Chiloe which is as beautiful and mysterious as Allende describes. Naci en Chile, vivi ahi antes y despues de la dictadura con una experiencia muy diferente a la descrita en el libro; he viajado a la Isla de Chiloe la cual es tan linda y misteriosa como Allende lo describe. Quiero partir por decir que Isabel Allende es una de mis autores favoritas, y
Write it OutMayas Notebook is about a troubled, exploited teenager. I almost added mindlessly rebellious to this list but I think thats almost inherent in the definition of teenager. You would think that this type of story would be horribly depressing and it is but theres also joy in the form of her family who never gives up on Maya. Her childhood hasnt been perfect however. No matter how much love and protection her grandparents give her it doesnt make up for her parents abandonment. She


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.