The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays 
In this philosophical essay, Camus presents and defends his philosophical school of thought entitled the philosophy of the absurd.The philosophy of the absurd asks about man's futile search for meaning in a world which it devoid of eternity. He presupposes the question: Does the realization of the absurdity of life mean suicide is the best option for mankind? Throughout the essay, he comes to say that suicide is not the best option--but revolt.This is seriously such a fascinating review of
Most of my friends will probably think I'm being sarcastic when I call this as good a "self-help" book as any I can imagine, but this essay honestly inspired in me an awe of human nature and its absurd indomitability. I think Camus gets a bad rap for being a cold, detached pessimist who only points out the meaninglessness of life again and again in his books. OK, he may indeed declare life "meaningless," but this book is passionately affirmative of life in the face of that void. Beginning as a

Painting attempt of mine for the sake of philosophical suicide dated 03.07.2018It happens that the stage sets collapse. Rising, streetcar, four hours in the office or the factory, meal, streetcar, four hours of work, meal, sleep, and Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday according to the same rhythmthis path is easily followed most of the time. But one day the why arises and everything begins in that weariness tinged with amazement. Beginsthis is important. I wanted to read the
Most philosophy makes for heavy reading and is (typically) unenlightening. Albert Camus's The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays is a clear exception. The main philosophical essay is a clear statement of the author's existentialism. Plus it is followed by several excellent essays evoking Camus's love of Algeria, his place of birth.
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories comes afterwards. Only Albert Camus, I believe, could have made that statement.Ive tried many times over the years to accept philosophical reasoning by reading various books by Kierkegaard, Nietzsche,
I agree with many other Goodreads reviewers when I say I appreciated this book's ideas but often felt frustrated by its language. Don't get me wrong. Camus writes well. He writes poetically, beautifully. And I understood the core of his argument. But I would have preferred for him to have just come out and articulated his argument more clearly. (What, you might be thinking, and sacrifice some of the book's beauty? Yes, I would reply, and sacrifice some of the book's beauty.) My other criticism
Albert Camus
Paperback | Pages: 212 pages Rating: 4.2 | 38579 Users | 1096 Reviews

Itemize Books In Pursuance Of The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays
| Original Title: | Le Mythe de Sisyphe |
| Edition Language: | English |
Representaion Supposing Books The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays
One of the most influential works of this century, this is a crucial exposition of existentialist thought. Influenced by works such as Don Juan, and the novels of Kafka, these essays begin with a meditation on suicide: the question of living or not living in an absurd universe devoid of order or meaning. With lyric eloquence, Camus posits a way out of despair, reaffirming the value of personal existence, and the possibility of life lived with dignity and authenticity.Define Epithetical Books The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays
| Title | : | The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays |
| Author | : | Albert Camus |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 212 pages |
| Published | : | May 7th 1991 by Vintage International (first published 1942) |
| Categories | : | Philosophy. Nonfiction. Writing. Essays. Classics. Cultural. France |
Rating Epithetical Books The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays
Ratings: 4.2 From 38579 Users | 1096 ReviewsCrit Epithetical Books The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays
Dense as hell but worth the effort.In this philosophical essay, Camus presents and defends his philosophical school of thought entitled the philosophy of the absurd.The philosophy of the absurd asks about man's futile search for meaning in a world which it devoid of eternity. He presupposes the question: Does the realization of the absurdity of life mean suicide is the best option for mankind? Throughout the essay, he comes to say that suicide is not the best option--but revolt.This is seriously such a fascinating review of
Most of my friends will probably think I'm being sarcastic when I call this as good a "self-help" book as any I can imagine, but this essay honestly inspired in me an awe of human nature and its absurd indomitability. I think Camus gets a bad rap for being a cold, detached pessimist who only points out the meaninglessness of life again and again in his books. OK, he may indeed declare life "meaningless," but this book is passionately affirmative of life in the face of that void. Beginning as a

Painting attempt of mine for the sake of philosophical suicide dated 03.07.2018It happens that the stage sets collapse. Rising, streetcar, four hours in the office or the factory, meal, streetcar, four hours of work, meal, sleep, and Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday according to the same rhythmthis path is easily followed most of the time. But one day the why arises and everything begins in that weariness tinged with amazement. Beginsthis is important. I wanted to read the
Most philosophy makes for heavy reading and is (typically) unenlightening. Albert Camus's The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays is a clear exception. The main philosophical essay is a clear statement of the author's existentialism. Plus it is followed by several excellent essays evoking Camus's love of Algeria, his place of birth.
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories comes afterwards. Only Albert Camus, I believe, could have made that statement.Ive tried many times over the years to accept philosophical reasoning by reading various books by Kierkegaard, Nietzsche,
I agree with many other Goodreads reviewers when I say I appreciated this book's ideas but often felt frustrated by its language. Don't get me wrong. Camus writes well. He writes poetically, beautifully. And I understood the core of his argument. But I would have preferred for him to have just come out and articulated his argument more clearly. (What, you might be thinking, and sacrifice some of the book's beauty? Yes, I would reply, and sacrifice some of the book's beauty.) My other criticism


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.