Mention Out Of Books Oh, the Places You'll Go!
| Title | : | Oh, the Places You'll Go! |
| Author | : | Dr. Seuss |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 44 pages |
| Published | : | January 22nd 1990 by Random House Books for Young Readers |
| Categories | : | Fiction. European Literature. Italian Literature. Contemporary. Cultural. Italy |

Dr. Seuss
Hardcover | Pages: 44 pages Rating: 4.35 | 309631 Users | 5013 Reviews
Narration In Pursuance Of Books Oh, the Places You'll Go!
For out-starting upstarts of all ages, here is a wonderfully wise and blessedly brief graduation speech from the one and only Dr. Seuss. In his inimitable, humorous verse and pictures, he addresses the Great Balancing Act (life itself, and the ups and downs it presents) while encouraging us to find the success that lies within us.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)
A modern classic, Oh, the Places You'll Go! was first published one year before Dr. Seuss's death at the age of eighty-seven. In a mere fifty-six pages, Dr, Seuss managed to impart a lifetime of wisdom. It is the perfect send-off for children starting out in the maze of life, be they nursery school grads or newly-minted PhD's. Everyone will find it inspired good fun.
Declare Books To Oh, the Places You'll Go!
| Original Title: | Oh, the Places You'll Go! |
| ISBN: | 0679805273 (ISBN13: 9780679805274) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Out Of Books Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Ratings: 4.35 From 309631 Users | 5013 ReviewsPiece Out Of Books Oh, the Places You'll Go!
This is my All-Time-Number-One-Favorite children's book.Period.I've read it to my kids so many times over the years that you'd think I'd be immune to it by now.But I'm not.I still get all EMOTIONAL when I read it. Which, normally, would make me run in the opposite direction.But.OH! THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!Yo'll be on your way up!You'll be seeing great sights!You'll join the high flierswho soar to great heights.Yep. That's exactly what I want for my young'uns!Wherever you fly, you'll be best of the...a most useless place:The Waiting Place......for people just waiting.Waiting for a train to goor a bus to come, or a plane to goor the mail to come, or the rain to goor the phone to ring, or the snow to snowor the waiting around for a "Yes" or "No"or waiting for their hair to grow[or, in the most cases, waiting for Godot!]Everyone is just waiting.NO!That's not for you!Somehow you'll escapeall that waiting and stayingYou'll find the bright placeswhere Boom Bands are playing!
I love this book. I mean, in general I love Dr. Seuss and all, but this one really touched me and its the only one I own of his.I bought this and it came just as I had my two lower wisdom teeth removed. Lets just say there were a few complications and I was stuck in bed for over a week eating baby food and ground up things (have you ever had meat ground up in the food processor..ICK!) and my mom would read things to me. And this is one of the things she would read. It was so fantasitc.It is a

"I'm afraid that some times you'll play lonely games too. Games you can't win 'cause you'll play against you. All Alone! Whether you like it or not, Alone will be something you'll be quite a lot." I graduated yesterday and I received 3 copies of this book as gifts. I, of course, had seen this book around a lot, but I never actually read it. Well, right now I had the chance to sit down and read through it. And maybe I'm just overtly emotional, but I found myself tearing up reading Dr. Seuss'
All aboard!!! FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS! Congratulations! Today is your day, Youre off to Great Places! Youre off and away! No wonder this was the last tale by Dr. Seuss while he was alive (there are two more books, published posthumously)and I am sure that he is now visting great places!This is a charming tale about the journey of each of us in our lives, BUT......what I really liked was that Dr. Seuss dont lie to us.He exposes during the rhythmic narrative, that not everything will be
Written for children from age 1 to 100. Embrace new adventures and changes in your life!
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. I was not expecting a kids book to be so incredibly profound?? This picture book follows an unnamed narrator (You) as they take off on the journey called life. This journey takes them through indecision, anxiety, loneliness and failure- but also excitement, triumph and happiness.This was a really beautiful story. I loved that it wasnt sugar-coating things for kids. Seuss understood that


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.