Declare Out Of Books The Carpet People
| Title | : | The Carpet People |
| Author | : | Terry Pratchett |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 189 pages |
| Published | : | October 18th 1996 by Transworld Publishers (first published November 15th 1971) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Fiction. Humor. Young Adult |
Terry Pratchett
Paperback | Pages: 189 pages Rating: 3.72 | 12328 Users | 576 Reviews
Commentary As Books The Carpet People
In the beginning, there was nothing but endless flatness. Then came the Carpet... That's the old story everyone knows and loves (even if they don't really believe it). But now the Carpet's home to many different tribes and peoples, and there's a new story in the making. The story of Fray, sweeping a trail of destruction across the Carpet. The story of power-hungry mouls - and of two Munrung brothers, who set out on an adventure to end all adventures when their village is flattened.It's a story that will come to a terrible end, if someone doesn't do something about it. If everyone doesn't do something about it...

Define Books In Pursuance Of The Carpet People
| Original Title: | The Carpet People |
| ISBN: | 0552527521 (ISBN13: 9780552527521) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Out Of Books The Carpet People
Ratings: 3.72 From 12328 Users | 576 ReviewsJudgment Out Of Books The Carpet People
"The Carpet People" 2009 illustrated and re-written by 43-year old Terry Pratchett from age 17 1971 debut version. Only 250 pages create a miniscule magical world, peoples beneath our feet, with beliefs, fears, feats of daring. This gem is the consummate contrast to my previous read, Eragon, another village boy who leads sworn foes to the heart of a mighty empire [spoiler: then leaves). Paolini "coronates" p758 "regnant" p759 Queen, whereas Pratchett toys with whining wastrels. "And growing onOk, as you can tell this book was a little disappointing. I was told that this book should start me off and make it easier when I get to start the Discworld series. I found that, with this book at least that Terry Pratchett's plot didn't make much sense. The simplicity of the writing makes sense, as it is a children's book. Though as a whole I found this book and Terry Pratchett so far to be disappointing. I wanted to love the book, but unfortunately I didn't. I can only give this a 2 star
I was a bit trepidatious about this book, mostly because I read the Carpet People short stories in 'Crumbling Castle' and wasn't that wowed. (The second was better than the first but, overall, I wasn't really sure how the story would be sustained as a standalone novel.)I was heartened, then, when I read the intro and discovered that this was not the story as originally written but, rather, a revised edition... a sort of collaborative effort, as Sir Terry puts it, between his 17 year-old self and

Terry Pratchett's first novel, written when he was very young indeed and then revised somewhat for a new edition after he had achieved writing fame. The result is, in his own words quoted from memory, a book that is not quite what he originally wrote and not quite what he would have written at the time of revision. This is predominately a children's book, but more complex in style and content than, say, the Johnny Maxwell series. And not at all complex compared to the Discworld novels. It tells
The Carpet People - According to his own words a collaboration between 17 year old aspiring fantasy writer Terry Pratchett and award winning author of the famous Discworld series Terry Pratchett.I didnt realise this book is not part of the Discworld series when I bought it, but not that I mind, I enjoy his standalone books just as much.The Carpet People is, as the name says, a story about a number of tribes and people who live in the Carpet, a vast land covered in carpet hairs stretching off to
Thanks to reading Terry Pratchett's first novel, I'll never look at vacuuming the rug the same way again. You also have to love a story that contains a character named "Pismire". That's what my grandmother called her grandchildren when she was vexed with them. I carry on that tradition. So the carpet is large, frayed, has underlament and now I know little people live there. You have to laugh at the possibility.
This is the book which started me on the steady path to reading science fiction. I was enthralled by the imagination which could capture the life and environment which may exist beneath our feet in a small carpet (or rug as suggested by the book) and the complex geo-politics and racial tensions which exist there. This is the original version of the book written by the then 17 year old Terry Pratchett and not the edition re-written by him when he was 43. This is the one I found in the childrens


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.