Specify Books To All My Love, Detrick (All My Love, Detrick #1)
| Original Title: | All My Love, Detrick |
| ISBN: | 1470143240 (ISBN13: 9781470143244) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | All My Love, Detrick #1 |

Roberta Kagan
Paperback | Pages: 612 pages Rating: 4.04 | 3371 Users | 369 Reviews
Identify Containing Books All My Love, Detrick (All My Love, Detrick #1)
| Title | : | All My Love, Detrick (All My Love, Detrick #1) |
| Author | : | Roberta Kagan |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Large Print |
| Pages | : | Pages: 612 pages |
| Published | : | February 4th 2012 by self |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. Fiction. War. World War II. Holocaust |
Rendition Concering Books All My Love, Detrick (All My Love, Detrick #1)
When I was a child my mother had a black suitcase in the basement. She forbid me to look inside. When I was alone one afternoon I rushed to open the valise. Inside I found pictures and letters. The letters were written in a foreign language. Later I would learn that they were in German. I would also come to learn that my mother's entire extended family had perished under the Nazi Regimen and that these few items were all she had left of them. She had tried to shelter me, but it was not sheltering that I needed. It was information. I learned that my father, being Romany, had also suffered great loss during the rule of the Third Reich. I began to be interested in the Holocaust and what happened. For many years I studied and researched. Then one night at four in the morning I woke up and began to write. I wrote this novel. This was the first of many on the subject. Although this is a dark time in the history of mankind, it was also a time when ordinary people stood up to prove themselves heroes. And like the tiny shoots of grass that grow up out of the cracks in the sidewalk, Love, Life, Compassion...and an entire race of people would prevail.Rating Containing Books All My Love, Detrick (All My Love, Detrick #1)
Ratings: 4.04 From 3371 Users | 369 ReviewsAssessment Containing Books All My Love, Detrick (All My Love, Detrick #1)
When I was a child my mother had a black suitcase in the basement. She forbid me to look inside. When I was alone one afternoon I rushed to open the valise. Inside I found pictures and letters. The letters were written in a foreign language. Later I would learn that they were in German. I would also come to learn that my mother's entire extended family had perished under the Nazi Regimen and that these few items were all she had left of them. She had tried to shelter me, but it was notI really wanted to give more stars for the idea of the book and the parts that made me cry, but it was so disjointed! Facts were placed that seemed awkward and disrupted the flow of the book. Characters were also developed and dropped. I was a bit disappointed for sure!
This was the first book by this author I have read; over the last year Ive taken an interest in holocaust based fiction not really knowing what to expect. This authors style of writing is strange, a little blunt but easily read. The chapters are short making it easy to digest (this book features over a hundred and twenty!) I enjoyed the storyline and the characters, I can appreciate where other reviewers have noted strong stereotypes but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Parts of the book seem rushed,

It is hard to say I ever enjoy stories of the Holocaust and the tribulations of the Jewish people, but I do often find them compelling. There might not be any other period of time that offers so much of true tragedy for an author to tap. I am sorry to say, this effort fell flat for me. I never felt involved with the characters, so I felt more of the general feeling of sorrow that these events represent than any real empathy with the situations of these specific people. Perhaps it was Kagan's
A Historical novel of Love and Survival during The HolocaustBook #1, in the All My Love Detrick SeriesAll My Love Detrick tells the story of a Jewish girl and a German boy who fall in love just as Hitler is appointed Chancellor of Germany. This is a very human and a most touching fiction of forbidden love and friendship I read in a long time. The story begins in 1923 when Detrick Haswell was seven years old, the timeline and narrative travels through the 30s, WW11 and some years later.This is a
I finished this book in just a few hours and couldn't turn away! I adore this writer's style, although this is a sad and horrific part of history that has always been such an awful thing to learn about, to watch, to read about. It is to me, one of the worst things in all of time. I found myself cheering and crying at the same time in parts. I loved it even though I hated the fact that it was written about a time that has changed the face of the World. The horrors that were brought upon some of


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.