Books Online Free As the Crow Flies Download

Share:
Books Online Free As the Crow Flies  Download
As the Crow Flies Paperback | Pages: 800 pages
Rating: 4.1 | 19668 Users | 781 Reviews

List About Books As the Crow Flies

Title:As the Crow Flies
Author:Jeffrey Archer
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 800 pages
Published:May 16th 2004 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published May 1st 1990)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Thriller. Mystery. Drama. Novels

Ilustration Supposing Books As the Crow Flies

Growing up in the slums of East End London, Charlie Trumper dreams of someday running his grandfather's fruit and vegetable barrow. That day comes suddenly when his grandfather dies leaving him the floundering business. With the help of Becky Salmon, an enterprising young woman, Charlie sets out to make a name for himself as "The Honest Trader". But the brutal onset of World War I takes Charlie far from home and into the path of a dangerous enemy whose legacy of evil follows Charlie and his family for generations.

Encompassing three continents and spanning over sixty years, As the Crow Flies brings to life a magnificent tale of one man's rise from rags to riches set against the backdrop of a changing century.

Itemize Books Concering As the Crow Flies

Original Title: As The Crow Flies
ISBN: 0312997116 (ISBN13: 9780312997113)
Edition Language: English
Setting: London, England(United Kingdom)

Rating About Books As the Crow Flies
Ratings: 4.1 From 19668 Users | 781 Reviews

Notice About Books As the Crow Flies
A great, intrically woven family saga set in Britain. It begins with a man who is a vegetable peddler who has a dream to do and be more and it's the story of his life and the life of his family. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it.

This is a fairly good 200 page novel, hiding inside 600 pages. It was easy to read, but not very fulfilling. I was ready to quit on it at the halfway point, as I became tired of reading of each shop being purchased with great detail about how much it cost, and what a good deal Charlie got on each one. I continued on, and the story improved somewhat. I never felt anything for any of the characters. They all seemed one dimensional.I did like the way that the story switched perspective from one

I'm a sucker for Jeffrey Archer, 20th Century London and epic novels, so it's no surprise that I've read "As the Crow Flies" a dozen times. Following the life of Charlie Trumper beginning at the turn of the century, the book takes readers on a journey through both world wars, the coronation of Queen Elizabeth and the swinging 60's. While the story is about Charlie's success in retail, the core of the story revolves around his wife, his son and his fierce rivalry with the Trentham family. This is

As The Crow Flies, first published in 1990.This is a saga of the rags to riches life of Charlie Trumper. Not really a rags to riches story more the industrious boy from a working class back ground with big aspirations story.The period of time is from the 1910s to the 1960s.To say that Charlies life was colourful would be an understatement, from impoverished childhood with a fruit and vegetable barrow in the East End of London to the fields of France during the WW1. Then in WW2 he became

This book is an intense thrill-ride of mystery, friendship and the grit and grime of street life, following realistic characters coping with the hardships of the city and the loss of family.

Jeffrey Archer has proven himself many times. As The Crow Flies proves that he hit the ground running and was already a very good storyteller while young. He knows that even if he repeats himself, as long as there are enough new twists to the plot of any of his book, he'll be forgiven, and his works, enjoyed. I was thoroughly entertained reading this book which has a few lulls, but which forced me to have stakes in the story at a time when I felt temporarily indifferent. After all why should I

Really entertaining soap opera that I always wanted to pick up. Also, loved the setting, England from 1914 or so until 1970.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.