Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #4-6) 
Phantom
Evil Thirst
Creatures of Forever
Tears roll over my face. I touch them with my quivering tongue. They are clear and salty, not dark and bloody. Another sign that I am human.
What Alisa has desired for five thousand years has finally come true: She is once again human. But now she is defenseless, vulnerable, and, for the first time in centuries, emotional. As she attempts to reconcile her actions as a vampire with her new connection to humanity, she begins to understand the weight of life-and-death decisions. Can Alisa resolve her past and build a new identity, or is she doomed to repeat her fatal mistakes?
10/8/11Phantom3-starsCan't say that much about the details of this book without going into spoilers. Overall I'll say that it was pretty decent, all around, some of the twists were kind of meh, and it mostly continue to set-up the scene for the end.Last night I had a thought about this series in comparison to a TV show. It's like one of the shows that has a main arc that encompasses the whol season, and each episode, while having little stand-alone bits in every episode, really are all just
This book surprised me. I liked it better than the first because it incorporated more of the philosophy and faith elements of Hindi beliefs, especially via the daughter, Kalika, who represents Kali Ma. The first book was full of cliffhangers to keep you turning pages. It had quick action and kick-butt vampire violence with humor. This one, however, has more of Alisa / Sita's inner thoughts. She has to figure things out and despite more powers, she also seems more vulnerable because of her

As I said with my review of "Thirst No. 1", I am happy The Last Vampire series is being republished. For me, Sita is the original kick ass vampire, and this series will always be my favorite in young adult vampire fiction. I read it when it was first published in 1996, and now in 2009-2010, it has withstood the test of time for me. And what's more, I feel it can be read at different levels depending on your age and interests. Especially in "Thirst No. 2," Pike introduces many New Age concepts
I loved this book so friken much. This author captures me every single time! SOOOO much stuff happens in this book! Sita has her baby, which only took five days to go through nine months of pregnacy! But the catch is the father is a demon mirage... (wierd right!) and her daughter is really the goddess of all of the dead. Sita also makes a friend who is the mother to the next Jesus! And her mission is to protect him (super intense). But while doing so she runs into one of her old enemy's from the
BOOK #43 ½ StarsPhantom is the fourth book in The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. In this book Alisa/Sita finds herself human again after 5000+ years. The experiment worked- but has left her confused, vulnerable, and PREGNANT. The baby is developing at a phenomenal rate- so this is no ordinary pregnancy. What will the baby be? Who is the stranger from the past who seems to know everything? What will become of Alisa, and the baby?These books have been in my bookcase ever since my
While not Anne Rice, this series is great and definitely beats out Twilight by a long mile. It's geared for a slightly younger audience than Anne Rice's books, and I read it when I was in that target audience. This book impressed me a lot. The story is believable and engaging (with the usual suspension of belief that is needed to enjoy a vampire story) though the method of vampire-making - pressing cut wrists together - didn't work for me because it'd be quite sloppy, or so it seems to me.
Christopher Pike
Paperback | Pages: 581 pages Rating: 4.07 | 28795 Users | 658 Reviews

Declare Containing Books Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #4-6)
| Title | : | Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #4-6) |
| Author | : | Christopher Pike |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Omnibus |
| Pages | : | Pages: 581 pages |
| Published | : | January 5th 2010 by Simon Pulse |
| Categories | : | Paranormal. Vampires. Young Adult. Fantasy. Fiction. Supernatural. Romance |
Description In Pursuance Of Books Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #4-6)
Includes:Phantom
Evil Thirst
Creatures of Forever
Tears roll over my face. I touch them with my quivering tongue. They are clear and salty, not dark and bloody. Another sign that I am human.
What Alisa has desired for five thousand years has finally come true: She is once again human. But now she is defenseless, vulnerable, and, for the first time in centuries, emotional. As she attempts to reconcile her actions as a vampire with her new connection to humanity, she begins to understand the weight of life-and-death decisions. Can Alisa resolve her past and build a new identity, or is she doomed to repeat her fatal mistakes?
Specify Books Supposing Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #4-6)
| Original Title: | Thirst No. 2 |
| ISBN: | 1416983090 (ISBN13: 9781416983095) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Last Vampire #4-6, Thirst #2 |
| Characters: | Sita, Seymour Dorsten, Ray Riley |
Rating Containing Books Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #4-6)
Ratings: 4.07 From 28795 Users | 658 ReviewsCriticism Containing Books Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #4-6)
This book surprised me. I actually liked this one better than the first one but then again I didn't. This was was a tad bit more interesting with the return of Ray =) and with the fact that Alisa/Sita returns to being human. But I also found that it was boring. The first half of the book was interesting while the second half was a little confusing and boring. There was such a drastic change from the first book to the second. New things were added, but to me they didn't seem to fit with the Sita10/8/11Phantom3-starsCan't say that much about the details of this book without going into spoilers. Overall I'll say that it was pretty decent, all around, some of the twists were kind of meh, and it mostly continue to set-up the scene for the end.Last night I had a thought about this series in comparison to a TV show. It's like one of the shows that has a main arc that encompasses the whol season, and each episode, while having little stand-alone bits in every episode, really are all just
This book surprised me. I liked it better than the first because it incorporated more of the philosophy and faith elements of Hindi beliefs, especially via the daughter, Kalika, who represents Kali Ma. The first book was full of cliffhangers to keep you turning pages. It had quick action and kick-butt vampire violence with humor. This one, however, has more of Alisa / Sita's inner thoughts. She has to figure things out and despite more powers, she also seems more vulnerable because of her

As I said with my review of "Thirst No. 1", I am happy The Last Vampire series is being republished. For me, Sita is the original kick ass vampire, and this series will always be my favorite in young adult vampire fiction. I read it when it was first published in 1996, and now in 2009-2010, it has withstood the test of time for me. And what's more, I feel it can be read at different levels depending on your age and interests. Especially in "Thirst No. 2," Pike introduces many New Age concepts
I loved this book so friken much. This author captures me every single time! SOOOO much stuff happens in this book! Sita has her baby, which only took five days to go through nine months of pregnacy! But the catch is the father is a demon mirage... (wierd right!) and her daughter is really the goddess of all of the dead. Sita also makes a friend who is the mother to the next Jesus! And her mission is to protect him (super intense). But while doing so she runs into one of her old enemy's from the
BOOK #43 ½ StarsPhantom is the fourth book in The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. In this book Alisa/Sita finds herself human again after 5000+ years. The experiment worked- but has left her confused, vulnerable, and PREGNANT. The baby is developing at a phenomenal rate- so this is no ordinary pregnancy. What will the baby be? Who is the stranger from the past who seems to know everything? What will become of Alisa, and the baby?These books have been in my bookcase ever since my
While not Anne Rice, this series is great and definitely beats out Twilight by a long mile. It's geared for a slightly younger audience than Anne Rice's books, and I read it when I was in that target audience. This book impressed me a lot. The story is believable and engaging (with the usual suspension of belief that is needed to enjoy a vampire story) though the method of vampire-making - pressing cut wrists together - didn't work for me because it'd be quite sloppy, or so it seems to me.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.