Be Specific About Books To The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun (The Happiness Project #1)
| Original Title: | The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun |
| ISBN: | 0061583251 (ISBN13: 9780061583254) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Happiness Project #1 |
Gretchen Rubin
Hardcover | Pages: 301 pages Rating: 3.62 | 136080 Users | 12365 Reviews

Declare Based On Books The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun (The Happiness Project #1)
| Title | : | The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun (The Happiness Project #1) |
| Author | : | Gretchen Rubin |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 301 pages |
| Published | : | December 29th 2009 by Harper (first published 2009) |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Self Help. Autobiography. Memoir. Psychology |
Ilustration Supposing Books The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun (The Happiness Project #1)
Gretchen Rubin had an epiphany one rainy afternoon in the unlikeliest of places: a city bus. “The days are long, but the years are short,” she realized. “Time is passing, and I’m not focusing enough on the things that really matter.” In that moment, she decided to dedicate a year to her happiness project.In this lively and compelling account, Rubin chronicles her adventures during the twelve months she spent test-driving the wisdom of the ages, current scientific research, and lessons from popular culture about how to be happier. Among other things, she found that novelty and challenge are powerful sources of happiness; that money can help buy happiness, when spent wisely; that outer order contributes to inner calm; and that the very smallest of changes can make the biggest difference.
Rating Based On Books The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun (The Happiness Project #1)
Ratings: 3.62 From 136080 Users | 12365 ReviewsAppraise Based On Books The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun (The Happiness Project #1)
This is not great literature. This is not earth-shattering or mind blowing in any way. Yet somehow, underneath the veneer of light-hearted entertainment, this sneaky little book is filled with profound truths.It is also filled with extremely interesting bits of psychology and sociology research that are sprinkled throughout its pages, mixed with her personal journey and constantly evolving considerations. A study in self-empowerment if I've ever seen one.A witty, self-examined life whichShould the pursuit of happiness be turned into a project? Gretchen Rubin made it a year-long project, one she put her heart and soul, blood, sweat, and tears into. It may seem like a weird way to go about attaining happiness, but her results, as finely detailed here, are impressive and inspiring. Much has been written about how to be happier. The general belief seems to be that happiness will come when some milestone is reached or something life-changing happens: paying off a large debt,
3.5 stars I enjoyed the audio book of The Happiness Project. I always like when authors narrate their own books, and Gretchen Rubin did a nice job with the audio. I listened to the book fairly quickly, it only took me 2 days. On the parts that related to my life, I can give an awesome 4-5 star rating to. Unfortunately, a lot of the book had to do with parenting and other things (not just ones own happiness) and I found myself completely zoning out. Still, it was a solid read and there are parts

I enjoyed reading this book, it was fun and stimulating, and it made me HAPPY.It involved following Gretchen Rubin in her year-long pursuit to increase the amount of happiness in her life. I learnt a lot along the way, and often they were things I was not expecting to learn. I didn't agree with everything she tried - but then neither did she - some of her projects just didn't work out. But a lot of them did, and she has given us all a lot to think about.The book has been a great success,
Oh, how I loved this book. I have read quite a few year-long project memoirs, but this is one of the most meaningful to me.Gretchen Rubin decided she wanted to be happier in her life, and, being an organized and thoughtful person, she devised a plan. Each month she would focus on one area of her life to improve, and by the end of the year, she should be measurably happier. The first month she focused on her energy levels, then her relationships, later she concentrated on being more successful in
(4.5) Probably the best self-help book Ive read; even better than the other two Rubin books Id read, which have the distinction of being truly helpful self-help. I read this slowly as a bedside book over the course of a few months, which ended up being a great choice because it allowed me to take in a lot more of the content. I wasnt reading it for the narrative of Rubins project year, per se, but for her specific findings. The book is dense (in the best possible way) with philosophy, experience
I won this advance copy book through the Goodreads Giveaway and could not have been more stoked! I am always creating lists and goals and things to improve my life. I feel like books, songs, movies always have a way of finding me when I need them most. I just quit my job because I was way too miserable and I have been home for the past few weeks feeling extremely unhappy and like my life was just miserable. This book was just the inspiration to want to change my situation and bring about more


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.