Point Books To Philosophy: Who Needs It
| Original Title: | Philosophy: Who Needs It |
| ISBN: | 0451138937 (ISBN13: 9780451138934) |
Ayn Rand
Paperback | Pages: 308 pages Rating: 3.88 | 2689 Users | 115 Reviews

Mention Out Of Books Philosophy: Who Needs It
| Title | : | Philosophy: Who Needs It |
| Author | : | Ayn Rand |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 308 pages |
| Published | : | November 1st 1984 by Signet Book (first published 1982) |
| Categories | : | Philosophy. Nonfiction. Politics |
Narration Supposing Books Philosophy: Who Needs It
This collection of essays was the last work planned by Ayn Rand before her death in 1982. In it, she summarizes her view of philosophy and deals with a broad spectrum of topics. According to Ayn Rand, the choice we make is not whether to have a philosophy, but which one to have: rational, conscious, and therefore practical; or contradictory, unidentified, and ultimately lethal. Written with all the clarity and eloquence that have placed Ayn Rand's Objectivist philosophy in the mainstream of American thought, these essays range over such basic issues as education, morality, censorship, and inflation to prove that philosophy is the fundamental force in all our lives.Rating Out Of Books Philosophy: Who Needs It
Ratings: 3.88 From 2689 Users | 115 ReviewsCriticism Out Of Books Philosophy: Who Needs It
It was interesting to see how current still are Rand's concerns. The book also opened the door of other authors who she critique. Important to understand the roots of the opposite views.Since the book is a collection of essays it is easy to read and reflect one at a time.In the end the battle for freedom is an intellectual battle. Lots has been said about other sciences yet the enemies of freedom get stronger under the shade of indifference and ignorance. "Philosophy Who needs it" is anThis is an interim review.I find that portions of this book are absoutely profound and very profetic. Until I began reading Rand's book I thought I had a good grasp on my volcabulary but her book has proven me wrong. I have paused my reading and will do it on my computer as it will enable me to immediatley research some of the words she used that frankly I had never heard of before let alone understand their meaning. As such the book does NOT flow for me and I therefore find it at times
Part VI of a multi-part review series.Rands last work, but its just more of the same. Peikoffs introduction indicates that Rand showed, in Atlas Shrugged, that bad epistemology leads to train wrecks, furnace breakouts, and sexual impotence (vii). Good to know! Same introduction dismisses non-randian philosophy as a senseless parade of abstractions to fill out the ritual at cocktail parties and a ponderous Continental wail of futility resonating with Oriental overtones (viii).Philosophy is broken

Ayn Rand was an amazing thinker, and I am glad to have read this book! Awesome!
This is a powerful book and there are few books that question our own faith and also give us an alternative way of thinking, this is one such book. A collection of essays by Ayn Rand edited by Leonard Peikoff, this books has all it takes for a must read book.I was introduced to Ayn Rand with her novel "The Fountainhead" and in my exploration of Ayn Rand and her thought process, I supposed that this book "Philosophy: Who Needs It" would help me know more about Ayn Rand and her philosophy and also
Easily the worst book I have read thus far by Rand. I grew respect for Rand after reading "The New Left: The Anti-Industrial Revolution." I found the "The New Left" to be enlightening as to why modern academia is an irrational and corrosive bad joke. Sadly, "The New Left" is the only book I can recommend by Rand that I completely agree with. Rand seemed to have a pathological hatred of Emmanuel Kant that gets old quite quick. I was also annoyed to see Rand besmirches her former influence
This book changed my life! The first work I read by novelist and philosopher Ayn Rand, (author of "Atlas Shrugged" and "The Fountainhead") is the stunningly clear rationality Id always been searching for in her philosophy of Objectivism. Objectivism, according to Miss Rand is: "the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute."Rand's ability to reduce the most


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.