Books Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1) Online Download Free

Share:

Mention Books Toward Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1)

Original Title: Summer of My German Soldier
ISBN: 0440900565 (ISBN13: 9780440900566)
Edition Language: English
Series: Summer of My German Soldier #1
Characters: Patty Bergen, Anton Reiker, Ruth Hughes
Setting: Arkansas(United States)
Literary Awards: SCBWI Golden Kite Award (1973), Massachusetts Children's Book Award (1980), National Book Award Finalist for Children's Books (1974)
Books Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1) Online Download Free
Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 203 pages
Rating: 3.68 | 15589 Users | 1025 Reviews

Be Specific About Regarding Books Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1)

Title:Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1)
Author:Bette Greene
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 203 pages
Published:December 1st 1993 by Dell Publishing (first published 1973)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Young Adult. Fiction. Classics. War. World War II. Romance

Narration Concering Books Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1)

Minutes before the train pulled into the station in Jenkinsville, Arkansas, Patty Bergen knew something exciting was going to happen. But she never could have imagined that her summer would be so memorable. German prisoners of war have arrived to make their new home in the prison camp in Jenkinsville. To the rest of her town, these prisoners are only Nazis. But to Patty, a young Jewish girl with a turbulent home life, one boy in particular becomes an unlikely friend. Anton relates to Patty in ways that her mother and father never can. But when their forbidden relationship is discovered, will Patty risk her family and town for the understanding and love of one boy?

Rating Regarding Books Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1)
Ratings: 3.68 From 15589 Users | 1025 Reviews

Weigh Up Regarding Books Summer of My German Soldier (Summer of My German Soldier #1)
As with many controversial classics, this is the kind of story that initially provokes outrage from prospective readers when they learn the basic plot line, and understandably so; but those who give the book a chance are greatly rewarded with an amazingly well-written, powerful and poignant coming of age tale which focuses as much on maintaining the innocence and ideals of youth as transitioning out of childhood. I think of it as a story about humanity, compassion, unconditional love and what

We never read Summer of My German Soldier in class (honestly, what did we read?), nor have I seen the movie, so this Open Road edition from Netgalley was brand new to me. I hadn't realized the main character and narrator of the story, Patty, was so young (12); my first assumption was that she was old enough for this to be a more common sort of love story.It's not what I was anticipating, but despite her youth, it is a love story, of a sort, or of several sorts. It involves Patty's love for her

"A person's got to think, otherwise that person's no better than a trained seal balancing a ball on his nose. If only that seal could think, he'd know he was making a thousand children laugh." Patty Bergen, "Summer of My German Soldier", P. 160 "Like the Bible tells us, when a man will lay down his life for a friend, well, then there ain't no greater love in this here world than that." Ruth, "Summer of My German Soldier", P. 130 I have heard quite a bit about this book before I began to read

Summer of My German Soldier took some very surprising twists as the pages fluttered through my fingers. It did not take very long to read for a good reason: this is a really good book. It is the story of an American Jewish girl who befriends a German POW. She has very few people to love in her life; her father mistreats her, and her mother is self-centered and doesn't really care about her. The only one she has is Ruth, their colored hired girl, who is the only one who really loves her. But when

(to the toon of Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne)He's twenty-two. She's only twelve.Could it be any more obvious?--Yep, I read this whole book because I wanted to see how pulling off a romance between a Nazi (he ended up not *technically* being one because he didn't actually like the Nazis or Hitler, so at least one crisis was averted) and a Jewish girl would work out. Then, when I realized the age difference, I just read on desperately hoping that the word 'love' was used in the friendly sense, or

I remember nothing of this book, all I remember is the name stuck in my head and the fact that I hated this book more than almost any other book I was ever forced to read in an English class in middle or high school.

OK, I lied. THIS is the worst book I've ever been FORCED to read. Note to teachers, if you make your students read this, THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! Have you ever wondered why kids don't like reading? It's because of books like these. And, if you continue to say that this book ties in with whatever WWII lesson your teaching, then I truly feel sorry. Not for the teachers, but for the students. Plain and simple, this book sucks. To the teachers who make their kids read this, I advise you to

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.