Books Tangerine Download Free

Share:

Mention Regarding Books Tangerine

Title:Tangerine
Author:Edward Bloor
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 312 pages
Published:September 1st 2006 by Harcourt (first published 1997)
Categories:Young Adult. Realistic Fiction. Fiction. Sports. Academic. School. Childrens. Middle Grade
Books Tangerine  Download Free
Tangerine Paperback | Pages: 312 pages
Rating: 3.61 | 27786 Users | 2672 Reviews

Narration During Books Tangerine

Paul Fisher sees the world from behind glasses so thick he looks like a bug-eyed alien. But he’s not so blind that he can’t see there are some very unusual things about his family’s new home in Tangerine County, Florida. Where else does a sinkhole swallow the local school, fire burn underground for years, and lightning strike at the same time every day? The chaos is compounded by constant harassment from his football–star brother, and adjusting to life in Tangerine isn’t easy for Paul—until he joins the soccer team at his middle school. With the help of his new teammates, Paul begins to discover what lies beneath the surface of his strange new hometown. And he also gains the courage to face up to some secrets his family has been keeping from him for far too long. In Tangerine, it seems, anything is possible.

Point Books To Tangerine

Original Title: Tangerine
ISBN: 0152057803 (ISBN13: 9780152057800)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Tangerine, Florida(United States) Orlando, Florida(United States) Florida(United States)
Literary Awards: South Carolina Book Award for Junior Book Award (2000), Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (1999), Michigan Library Association Thumbs Up! Award Nominee (1998)


Rating Regarding Books Tangerine
Ratings: 3.61 From 27786 Users | 2672 Reviews

Critique Regarding Books Tangerine
Paul is the goalie for his soccer team despite the fact the he is practically blind. His parents hardly notice that he is a gifted soccer player becasue he is completely overshadowed by his older brother, Erik. His father is particularly obsessed by Erik and his chances of getting a football scholarship at a big college. Paul is the only one who notices that Erik is not a nice person, to say the least. The book begins as the family moves to Tangerine, Florida. One of the things that I

THIS BOOK WAS SO BAD I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN IT. IT WAS THE WORST BOOK I'VE EVER READ. IT IS SO BORING AND DRY. I WILL NEVER READ AN EDWARD BLOOR BOOK AGAIN. I THINK THIS BOOK ACTUALLY MADE ME THROW UP AND I STARTED BLEEDING OUT OF MY NOSE.

This is actually the best book I've read before, even though I don't read much. I can relate to it a lot, because it's about soccer, and I play it a lot. In this book, Paul Fisher is a young boy who moved from Texas, too Tangerine, Florida. He goes to a school where he can finally play soccer, but then has a conflict because of his impaired vision. That is a whole different part of the story, my favorite part. His parents have been lying to him his whole life about why he has impaired vision.

I wrote an essay for this book in the 7th grade without actually reading it and got 100%(I did read it eventually, though, obviously)

Edward Bloor's novel, Tangerine, has too many different plots and themes to have an identity. On one hand it is a soccer story; on another hand it is a story about race and the urban school setting; also it's a story about a boy who can't remember something bad that happened to him long ago. It works best as a soccer story, as the other two stories grow cliche and uninteresting. It's not that this is a bad story. For the first 200 pages it's an engrossing tale, but it's in the last 100 pages

This is more than a coming of age story. It is a tale of awakening to the reality that family members can indeed harm, both psychologically and physically.Thirteen year old Paul Fischer wears super duper coke bottle glasses. His family repeatedly tells the story that unfortunately he looked at a solar eclipse too long thus resulting in his impaired vision. Somehow Paul knows this just isn't true.When his family moves to Tangerine Florida his life changes dramatically. A nerd, a geek and a quiet

This book was depressing. It's about a little boy who is mostly blind but can't remember why, and is terrified of his psycho older brother, who everyone else thinks is wonderful. There's a lot of soccer, and that's the only part I liked. They lived in some crazy little town where weird things happen. In reality, no one would ever want to live there. People die and there is no real moral to the story, although you do eventually found out how he went blind - and it's horrifying. I finished the

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.