Identify Books To And the Ass Saw the Angel
| Original Title: | And the Ass Saw the Angel |
| ISBN: | 1880985721 (ISBN13: 9781880985724) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Nick Cave
Paperback | Pages: 320 pages Rating: 3.76 | 10151 Users | 534 Reviews

Be Specific About Of Books And the Ass Saw the Angel
| Title | : | And the Ass Saw the Angel |
| Author | : | Nick Cave |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 320 pages |
| Published | : | March 26th 2003 by 2.13.61 (first published 1989) |
| Categories | : | Horror. Fiction. Novels. Gothic. Southern Gothic |
Commentary Supposing Books And the Ass Saw the Angel
Cave’s only novel to date takes on the southern gothic in this bizarre baroque tale. Born mute to a drunken mother and a demented father, tortured Euchrid Eucrow finds more compassion in the family mule than in his fellow men. But he alone will grasp the cruel fate of Cosey Mo, the beautiful young prostitute in the pink caravan on Hooper’s Hill. And it is Euchrid, spiraling ever deeper into his mad angelic vision, who will ultimately redeem both the town and its people. “Surprising, remarkable.” — The Atlanta JournalRating Of Books And the Ass Saw the Angel
Ratings: 3.76 From 10151 Users | 534 ReviewsJudgment Of Books And the Ass Saw the Angel
Can a book start out as a 5 star read but by the end you absolutely despise it? In my experience, yes! I have no idea what I just read nor do I really want to ponder on it anymore. The Doghead section completely did me in. Its completed, shall we move on?!A beautifully rich and intelligent novel - the language playful and complex and colourful (though most of the colours are greys, browns and red.. lots of red), this was almost poetry at times. The story - as much as I understood/followed it (and I admit that I only 'got' about eighty percent of it) follows a mute young man growing up in a backwoods American town of hicks, religious nutters, freaks, alcoholics, whores and much more. There is a sub-theme concerning a young girl suspected to be a
so i am going to review this one after all, because the book i am reading now will probably take me forever, and i don't want to get out of practice writing reviews that have nothing to do with the book. it's a tricky skill, you understand, it must be honed. this may be one of my favorite books ever. i have gone through so many copies of this because i never learn not to lend it to people, particularly people i might be kissing. i think i gave this to two of them, wayyy back in my kissy youth.

Sleazy, profane, literate, violent, bloated, verbose, apocalyptic, excessive, dense, touching, rhythmic, grotesque, reverent, And the Ass Saw the Angel tells the terrible tragicomedy that is the short and weird and wild-on-top life of Euchrid Eucrowa backwoods outcast born with the divine gift of an angelical purpose that is compounded with an absurdly articulate mental life that goes unappreciated and, ultimately, unchecked by his hypocritical zealot neighbors on account of Euchrid being born a
While not the worst book I've every had the displeasure of reading*, Nick Cave's work here may be the worst that I've both read and finished. Eragon ? Gave up with extreme prejudice. Da Vinci Code ? Accidentally left it in an airport bathroom in Denver with eleven pages left and did not care enough to visit the library to see how it ended. The Lovely Bones ? Granted, I did finish it and it was bad, but it was a shiny, gold-plated sliver of heaven compared to And the Ass Saw the Angel, which I
The "cleanness" narrative I've ever read I think. Clean meaning there is no barrier between Eucrid and the reader. You inhabit him wholly and completely for the duration of the book--never driven out by Pastor Reality. It's a body I couldn't wait to leave and through those demented eyes, I experienced madness and heard the creeks and bangs of its mechanisms. Nick Cave took me to the limits of CrazyTown and then made me turn around and take in the grandiose view of it without permission to blink.
Southern Gothic, at nearly its finest. Better than Faulkner (although that's probably unfair since I've only managed to read his short stories), but not as good as Flannery O'Connor (though she wrote more short stories than novels). Cave is somewhere between them, but darker, dirtier, and creepier.I absolutely loved this.I wouldn't recommend it to people. I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I went into it not knowing anything about it other than it was written by Nick Cave (be still, my


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.