Download Books Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1) Online

Share:

Declare Out Of Books Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1)

Title:Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1)
Author:Terry Brooks
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 353 pages
Published:August 24th 2010 by Del Rey
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Epic Fantasy. Epic. Science Fiction Fantasy. High Fantasy. Adventure
Download Books Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1) Online
Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1) Hardcover | Pages: 353 pages
Rating: 4.04 | 9371 Users | 477 Reviews

Commentary Concering Books Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1)

This was an interesting and entertaining story from the Shannara world history. This one tells us of events that occur a few centuries after the time frame of The Gypsy Morph. It gets us closer to the period of Brooks's classic work, The Sword of Shannra, but we're not there yet. This book does end with a lot unresolved, so I'll need to push on to The Measure of the Magic to get those answers. But that said, this one is enjoyable. There are a few characters that stand out as particularly interesting (Prue, Inch, and Mistral), while others are likeable but fairly typical Brooks heroes. The story is solid, and though predictable in places for Brooks veterans, there are a few surprises here and there. I wouldn't recommend this to a newcomer to the Shannara books (too much would be missed that happened before), but it is a good way to spend a few hours for a fan of Terry Brooks and his series.

Point Books Supposing Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1)

Original Title: Bearers of the Black Staff
ISBN: 0345484177 (ISBN13: 9780345484178)
Edition Language: English
Series: Legends of Shannara #1, Shannara (Chronological Order) #7, Shannara (Publication Order) #24, Shannara - Terry's Suggested Order for New Readers #21 , more
Characters: Sider Ament, Panterra Qu, Prue Liss, Isoleld, Phryne, Tasha Orullian, Tenerife Orullian, Aislinne Kray, Skeal Eile, Deladion Inch, Arik Sarn, Taureq Siq
Literary Awards: Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fantasy (2010)


Rating Out Of Books Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1)
Ratings: 4.04 From 9371 Users | 477 Reviews

Rate Out Of Books Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara #1)
There isn't a wasted word. I didn't stop reading. I have been reading chronologically and have been waiting to find out what happens... And of course, I have more to discover. NEXT BOOK PLEASE!

Well, I found this particular installment in the series very difficult to get through. While none of Terry Brook's fiction is going to win a Pulitzer, some of it was engaging, tight and had good interesting character development. This book felt unwieldy, and had a lot of stuff that was supposed to be character development, but really just seemed purposeless. The character that I like the best only came in half-way through the book and died before the end. And even this character made choices and

Bearers of the Black Staff is, quite simply, one of Terry's best books. The first part of a two-book set, Black Staff is set 500 years after the events in The Gypsy Morph, where the the descendants of civilization's demise re-emerge from their protected valley into a world greatly changed and far more dangerous.But not all dangers are in the world without. Some have been festering in the valley for centuries.Terry has done a great job developing his characters in this first book. I guarantee

This started out boring and disappointing, but Brooks pulled through in the end and reminded me why I have enjoyed many of his books in the past. While Brooks is not a master in the fantasy genre, I rate on enjoyment and I did really enjoy this by the end. If you are a human who is sick of really complicated fantasy books, but still wants something with good world building, writing and characters then Terry Brooks might just be the author for you! I am excited to read the second installment, and

Roughly 500 years have passed since Hawk led his ragged group of survivors to the valley and a shield of magic was put in place to protect them from the waves of destruction outside. Over the centuries, the humans, elves, and mutants living in this safe haven have apparently forgotten the shared struggle of their ancestors as they choose to live separated from one another, with little contact.Sider Ament, the last Knight of the Word, is the first to discover that the barriers are dissolving.

Terry Brooks just can't miss in my humble opinion and in Bearers of the Black Staff he hits another bullseye. My only problems with Brooks is that he at times sets an impossibly high bar for himself. BotBS isn't one of his best but only because it's part one in a two part duology and I just can't bring myself to call an unfinished work one of his best when he regularly closes his stories with such grace and power. That said, I'm hooked. The setup is amazing and having to wait for the resolution

It is quite a ways from the modern day world to the fantasy realm of Shannara. Through the Word and Void, Genesis of Shannara and Legends of Shannara series Terry Brooks attempts to relate how one led to the other throughout a series of events. Legends of Shannara is the last of the prequel series, and I am sorry to say it is not as good as the first two prequel series. The characters in it are less rounded, and the plot seems less well thought through. Terry Brooks has the tendency to write

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.