Itemize Books Supposing The Fire Dragon (Deverry #11)
| Original Title: | The Fire Dragon |
| ISBN: | 0006482619 (ISBN13: 9780006482611) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Deverry #11, The Dragon Mage #3 |
Katharine Kerr
Paperback | Pages: 435 pages Rating: 4.12 | 2803 Users | 40 Reviews

Details Epithetical Books The Fire Dragon (Deverry #11)
| Title | : | The Fire Dragon (Deverry #11) |
| Author | : | Katharine Kerr |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 435 pages |
| Published | : | 2001 by Voyager (first published 2000) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Fiction. Epic Fantasy |
Narration In Pursuance Of Books The Fire Dragon (Deverry #11)
The Fire Dragon tells two separate stories: one set in the 'present' of 1117, and one set in the past, the era of the Civil Wars. In the present, Raena's trouble-making in Cerr Cawnen leads to terrible death and destruction but may ultimately succeed in offering the final working-out of Rhodry's Wyrd. In the past, Nevyn and Lilli attempt to solve the riddle of the curse tablet, but the price will be high. In this, the eleventh volume in the Deverry cycle and third of the Dragon Mage series, storylines begun in Dawnspell: The Bristling Wood, A Time of Exile and The Black Raven - both the 'present' of 1117 and the past - will reach their triumphant and spellbinding conclusion. But there will be more Deverry books to unravel the situation that climaxes The Fire Dragon...Rating Epithetical Books The Fire Dragon (Deverry #11)
Ratings: 4.12 From 2803 Users | 40 ReviewsDiscuss Epithetical Books The Fire Dragon (Deverry #11)
For a long time this felt like another Time of Omens - which was good but mostly a set-up for what would come next. Partly that was because the first part of the book was trying up a storyline I'd lost my fascination with. I never liked Lilli for some reason and I've been coming to dislike Maryn (as intended I suspect). While a reasonable representation of post-natal depression is welcome in literature it's not exactly uplifting to read which contributed to the feeling that this book would be on2017 reread
This book closes out the story arc of Rhoddry, though I am sure he will be in future books. What a close to that story it was with sacrifice and magic both playing a part classic fantasy at it's best.Lets face it if you've made it this far you love the characters and world and want to know where it goes next so onto the next one but I will miss Rori the Dragon Rider.

Just fantastic! This book kept me hungry all the way to the end...and what an ending!!Now, just the four books of the last act - The Silver Wyrm. While I can't wait to read them, I hate that I'm so close to the end of the series.
I have read the first 3 books of the series called Dragon Mage: The red Wyvern, the Black Raven and the Fire Dragon. Although I was not familiar with the Deverry world and the style is pretty convoluted, I ended up liking the story: souls are reincarnated until they fulfill their fate (called wyrd). There are several races in the world, and some chosen people posses magic (called dweomer)which some use for good, some use for bad. These wizards are usually long-lived and they live among ordinary
The author spends about a third of this book in what we have came to think of as the "past"--the end of the Civil Wars--and the other two thirds in the "present" with Dallandra, Rhodry, Jahdo, Niffa, Evandar, Raena, and Arzosah. Several long-running plot threads come together, a fitting end to this arc in the Deverry Cycle. One 4 book arc remains to follow Rhodry to his Wyrd and discover how the Westfolk fare after momentous discoveries rock their world.Kerr is not afraid to write bittersweet
We have travelled to Cerr Cawnan.Horsekin,the locals, westfolk and a dragon. What a mix.Things are coming to ahead.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.