Archetype (Archetype #1) 
Emma wakes in a hospital, with no memory of what came before. Her husband, Declan, a powerful, seductive man, provides her with new memories, but her dreams contradict his stories, showing her a past life she can’t believe possible: memories of war, of a camp where girls are trained to be wives, of love for another man. Something inside her tells her not to speak of this, but she does not know why. She only knows she is at war with herself.
Suppressing those dreams during daylight hours, Emma lets Declan mold her into a happily married woman and begins to fall in love with him. But the day Noah stands before her, the line between her reality and dreams shatters.
In a future where women are a rare commodity, Emma fights for freedom but is held captive by the love of two men—one her husband, the other her worst enemy. If only she could remember which is which. . . .
The first novel in a two-part series, Archetype heralds the arrival of a truly memorable character—and the talented author who created her. Look for Prototype, the second novel from M.D. Waters, coming July 2014.
He sighs and slows to a stop. There are a lot of things about the world we live in that you dont understand. Things youll find out in time. This is such a strange book. I didn't hate it, but it was just too much, too confusing. This book is like a strange mixture of Gone Girl and The Handmaid's Tale.For me, this book was so anachronistic. I liked it, and I didn't like it. It was somewhat original while being completely predictable. There was nothing outrageously terrible in this book. There's a
I only discovered Archetype because I ran across the author's signing at ALA. I'm so glad I did, because this book and its follow-up Prototype is an extremely readable and addicting series. I had to know what was going on NOW, and couldn't stop reading until I unraveled everything. This is the type of story where you start knowing something very small and it takes time to unravel the full picture. Of course that makes this book very hard to talk about in advance, but I've done my best to give a

With pressure from Lauren, Rachel and Joy to start this series, Rashika and I finally decided to pick Archetype up and let me just say I can totally understand why this book was a favourite for them. I was the worst buddy reader ever (sorry Rashika), I ended up gulping this book in a few sittings, it was that darn good.Im always eager to read books that deal with memory loss so I was thrilled that Archetype was one of those books that dealt with this story line brilliantly. Emma wakes up with no
Five stars: A riveting, can't stop read that blends sci-fi, suspense and thriller, that will leave you pondering on it for days to come.Emma blinks her eyes. Someone is peeling back her eyelid and shining a bright white light in her eye. Where is she? Who is she? How did she get here? For the next few weeks, Emma is confined to a hospital room. She has no memory of her previous life, nor does she know how she got here. The one bright spot is Declan with his sea green eyes. Declan tells Emma that
I was so excited about this book before I read it! I had heard really good things about this book. Now that I've read the book, I am just as excited but now I'm excited to tell you all about it. If you like sci-fi and dystopian books and you're looking for a really good story to get totally and utterly engrossed in, this is the book for you. Let me put it this way, I started it an afternoon after work and had to stay up late to finish it because I. Could. Not. Put. It. Down. This is serious,
4.5 STARSWhat a fantastic book! This is a combo of sci-fi and dystopian fiction, but also very much a romance. I loved everything about this book. It was fast paced, intelligent, thought provoking and considering the topic at hand, easy to follow. I found myself trying to figure out everything right along with the heroine, Emma. I don't want to get into the plot because this truly is a book worth jumping into. The synopsis is more than enough going in, so don't read too many reviews and spoil
M.D. Waters
Hardcover | Pages: 384 pages Rating: 3.79 | 4162 Users | 742 Reviews

Present Of Books Archetype (Archetype #1)
| Title | : | Archetype (Archetype #1) |
| Author | : | M.D. Waters |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 384 pages |
| Published | : | February 6th 2014 by Dutton |
| Categories | : | Science Fiction. Dystopia. Romance. Fiction. Adult |
Chronicle Concering Books Archetype (Archetype #1)
Introducing a breathtakingly inventive futuristic suspense novel about one woman who rebels against everything she is told to believe.Emma wakes in a hospital, with no memory of what came before. Her husband, Declan, a powerful, seductive man, provides her with new memories, but her dreams contradict his stories, showing her a past life she can’t believe possible: memories of war, of a camp where girls are trained to be wives, of love for another man. Something inside her tells her not to speak of this, but she does not know why. She only knows she is at war with herself.
Suppressing those dreams during daylight hours, Emma lets Declan mold her into a happily married woman and begins to fall in love with him. But the day Noah stands before her, the line between her reality and dreams shatters.
In a future where women are a rare commodity, Emma fights for freedom but is held captive by the love of two men—one her husband, the other her worst enemy. If only she could remember which is which. . . .
The first novel in a two-part series, Archetype heralds the arrival of a truly memorable character—and the talented author who created her. Look for Prototype, the second novel from M.D. Waters, coming July 2014.
Particularize Books As Archetype (Archetype #1)
| ISBN: | 0525954236 (ISBN13: 9780525954231) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Archetype #1 |
Rating Of Books Archetype (Archetype #1)
Ratings: 3.79 From 4162 Users | 742 ReviewsColumn Of Books Archetype (Archetype #1)
Archetype is one of those books that simply was perfect for me. In short it reminded me a lot of the dystopian science fiction movies "The Island" with Scarlett Johansson and Ewan McGregor and "Children of Men" with Clive Owen which was based loosely on P. D. James's 1992 novel The Children of Men, in which two decades of human infertility have left society on the brink of collapse. Archetype explores a future in which fertile women have devolved into a scarce and precious commodity. Water'sHe sighs and slows to a stop. There are a lot of things about the world we live in that you dont understand. Things youll find out in time. This is such a strange book. I didn't hate it, but it was just too much, too confusing. This book is like a strange mixture of Gone Girl and The Handmaid's Tale.For me, this book was so anachronistic. I liked it, and I didn't like it. It was somewhat original while being completely predictable. There was nothing outrageously terrible in this book. There's a
I only discovered Archetype because I ran across the author's signing at ALA. I'm so glad I did, because this book and its follow-up Prototype is an extremely readable and addicting series. I had to know what was going on NOW, and couldn't stop reading until I unraveled everything. This is the type of story where you start knowing something very small and it takes time to unravel the full picture. Of course that makes this book very hard to talk about in advance, but I've done my best to give a

With pressure from Lauren, Rachel and Joy to start this series, Rashika and I finally decided to pick Archetype up and let me just say I can totally understand why this book was a favourite for them. I was the worst buddy reader ever (sorry Rashika), I ended up gulping this book in a few sittings, it was that darn good.Im always eager to read books that deal with memory loss so I was thrilled that Archetype was one of those books that dealt with this story line brilliantly. Emma wakes up with no
Five stars: A riveting, can't stop read that blends sci-fi, suspense and thriller, that will leave you pondering on it for days to come.Emma blinks her eyes. Someone is peeling back her eyelid and shining a bright white light in her eye. Where is she? Who is she? How did she get here? For the next few weeks, Emma is confined to a hospital room. She has no memory of her previous life, nor does she know how she got here. The one bright spot is Declan with his sea green eyes. Declan tells Emma that
I was so excited about this book before I read it! I had heard really good things about this book. Now that I've read the book, I am just as excited but now I'm excited to tell you all about it. If you like sci-fi and dystopian books and you're looking for a really good story to get totally and utterly engrossed in, this is the book for you. Let me put it this way, I started it an afternoon after work and had to stay up late to finish it because I. Could. Not. Put. It. Down. This is serious,
4.5 STARSWhat a fantastic book! This is a combo of sci-fi and dystopian fiction, but also very much a romance. I loved everything about this book. It was fast paced, intelligent, thought provoking and considering the topic at hand, easy to follow. I found myself trying to figure out everything right along with the heroine, Emma. I don't want to get into the plot because this truly is a book worth jumping into. The synopsis is more than enough going in, so don't read too many reviews and spoil


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.