Download Books For Carter Beats the Devil Free Online

Share:
Download Books For Carter Beats the Devil  Free Online
Carter Beats the Devil Paperback | Pages: 483 pages
Rating: 4.09 | 12451 Users | 1008 Reviews

Be Specific About Books To Carter Beats the Devil

Original Title: Carter Beats the Devil
ISBN: 0786886323 (ISBN13: 9780786886326)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Charles Carter, President Warren G. Harding
Literary Awards: Guardian First Book Award Nominee (2001)

Representaion Toward Books Carter Beats the Devil

Charles Carter—a.k.a. Carter the Great—is a young master performer whose skill as an illusionist exceeds even that of the great Houdini. But nothing in his career has prepared Carter for the greatest stunt of all, which stars none other than President Warren G. Harding and which could end up costing Carter the reputation he has worked so hard to create. Filled with historical references that evoke the excesses and exuberance of Roaring Twenties, pre-Depression America, Carter Beats the Devil is a complex and illuminating story of one man's journey through a magical—and sometimes dangerous—world, where illusion is everything.

Define About Books Carter Beats the Devil

Title:Carter Beats the Devil
Author:Glen David Gold
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 483 pages
Published:September 18th 2002 by Hyperion (first published September 5th 2001)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Mystery. Fantasy. Magic. Literature

Rating About Books Carter Beats the Devil
Ratings: 4.09 From 12451 Users | 1008 Reviews

Criticism About Books Carter Beats the Devil
A Conversation I had earlier,Friend: "So what are you reading."Me: "Carter Beats The Devil, it's about a master magician battling a shadowy conglomerate of the government, corporations, and secret societies to find the truth about president Harding's death with the help of his pet lion."Friend: "... There's no part of that sentence that doesn't appeal to me."There is a word for this book and it is awesome. A big thank you to Natalie for bringing this to my attention.

This book took me longer than it should have. Partly I guess it was my fault, but partly also the book's. This is not a fast paced read, as I always hope big books to be.Nevertheless, this is a fun book, with intriguing characters, an unpredictable story, many twists and turns that have you at the edge of your seat. There is a mix of action, character's past unraveling and magical shows.I really liked the way this book was written, despite it being slow. I liked how so many of the character's

I really liked the first section of this book. The rest of it was a bit of a slog to get through. The writing just seemed a bit unfocused to me. Abandoned at the two thirds mark.



This is a thrilling, romantic, fascinating book and will probably be my favorite book read this year. Carter Beats the Devil is a historically fact-based novel about magician Charles Carter who performed in the golden age of magic (1890s thru the 1920s). This story pits Carter against rival magicians and Secret Service agents who suspect Carter had a hand in the death of President Harding. I was drawn in from the get-go. This book is full of suspense, humor, and panache. It came highly

I've learnt about this book from this discussion:https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...and I love vintage magic posters, which means I also loved this cover, - and these are the two reasons for my reading it ;)And, of course, it is a bit of a stretch to compare it to Susanna Clarke's novel, so I won't be doing it.I was kind of disappointed with the beginning: the death of a President and its possible investigation didn't much interest me. Then I fell in love with Carter's story, and by the end

While this story wasn't about the type of magic that I'm usually drawn to (where witches and wizards rule, where incantations can tear the fabric of reality, where wands are instruments of thought), it was still magic, and it still had me captivated from the second that Carter started his campaign to beat the Devil. I found myself smiling and slightly in awe by just the descriptions of Carter's final act...and wishing there was some way that I could have witnessed that show in person.There are

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.