Itemize Books Conducive To An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
| Original Title: | An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems |
| ISBN: | 1416552197 (ISBN13: 9781416552192) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.glennbeck.com/ |
Glenn Beck
Hardcover | Pages: 295 pages Rating: 3.75 | 3935 Users | 519 Reviews
Relation Concering Books An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
So far just a bunch of Republican rhetoric and unsupported "facts." Lots of "statistics" but Beck doesn't list a single authority for them. His brilliant solution to the problem of global warming is to do nothing. What a genius. His use of the English language is uninspiring to say the least and his pathetic attempts at humor fall far short of even a mild tickle (racism and bald-faced elitism are apparently not funny--who knew). I'm only reading it to force my brother into watching Al Gore's movie...and out of mild curiosity to peer briefly into a stubbornly ignorant mind. No, I did not pay for the book and no one should.Update: Managed to finish the book while reading exclusively on the toilet, which is entirely appropriate. By far one of the worst, most worthless wastes of paper I have ever read.

Specify Containing Books An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
| Title | : | An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems |
| Author | : | Glenn Beck |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 295 pages |
| Published | : | November 20th 2007 by Threshold Editions (first published January 1st 2007) |
| Categories | : | Politics. Nonfiction. Humor |
Rating Containing Books An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
Ratings: 3.75 From 3935 Users | 519 ReviewsPiece Containing Books An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems
I have been a huge fan of Glenn Beck's radio show ever since he became syndicated back in 2002. If you actually take the time to LISTEN to his radio show for an extended period of time you realize that he is in a constant state of analyzing his choices, his philosophies and his political alignments. He is not, despite what his detractors think, a mindless republican stooge... or even a mindless CONSERVATIVE stooge. He's just a regular guy who has made it big but who stays close to his values andThis book was hilarious. I've been listening to Glenn for over 6 years and couldn't wait to read this. It was hilarious, educational, true, and did I mention pee your pants hilarious. He actually proved with charts and graphs that global warming is not caused by Carbon emissions, but by people giving their kids "Ca" names, like Caleb, Cameron, Caden, Calista, etc. Would recommend to anyone.
Wow. If you have ever had a desire to be simultaniously entertained, horrified, and informed this is the book for you. Glenn Beck offers his opinion on everything from global warming to illigal immigration, marriage and dateing, minimum wage, child molesters and dozens of other topics. It really got me thinking about a lot of things and because he is an entertainer as well as a comentator he does an excellent job at taking some topics that would be rather dry and making them fun. I loved the

I found myself laughing, thinking, and being down right scared at times as I read this book. It took me a while to get used to the change in subject and the off shoots(ADD moments), but it would not be Glenn Beck without them. Overall, this book gives what it promises, political issues from a perspective you just don't hear.My favorite quote is, "As a parent of a toddler you mission is clear: Keep Them Alive."
This is part of an ongoing project to challenge my own views.You have to get the audiobook. The sarcasm and sighs and shouting just add to the experience.Here are my highlights. Feel free to avoid reading the book for it's insights on global warming.. Scientists call people nasty names Scientists are boring and that's why they don't have girl friends Things a little warmer where I live would be nice Climate simulations? We ran Madden 08 twenty times and it only once put the two right teams in
Glenn Beck is a funny guy with good common sense and realistic viewpoints on the world's "problems." Funny as heck in certain places and serious in others, it's a good read.
A friend mentioned that she thought this book was really quite funny, but I had a very hard time with it. For someone who professes to land in the middle of a lot of issues, I didn't see that. Perhaps the "humor" comes across better in a radio show than in a book. I must admit I've never listened to him. I agree with other readers who felt that the better parts of the book were where he stopped trying to be funny and just expressed his views. The other thing that bothered me was the joking that


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.