Declare Books Conducive To Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1 (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン / Neon Genesis Evangelion #1)
| Original Title: | 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン 1 [Shin Seiki Evangelion 1] |
| ISBN: | 1591164001 (ISBN13: 9781591164005) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン / Neon Genesis Evangelion #1 |

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
Paperback | Pages: 166 pages Rating: 4.13 | 7411 Users | 176 Reviews
Define About Books Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1 (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン / Neon Genesis Evangelion #1)
| Title | : | Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1 (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン / Neon Genesis Evangelion #1) |
| Author | : | Yoshiyuki Sadamoto |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 166 pages |
| Published | : | February 25th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 1994) |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Manga. Comics. Science Fiction. Graphic Novels |
Explanation Supposing Books Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1 (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン / Neon Genesis Evangelion #1)
When Shinji Ikari's estranged father arranges a meeting with him, it's not the heartfelt meeting he was hoping for. Gendo wants Shinji to pilot the Evangelion, the only machine capable of battling the monstrous angels descending to earth. Can Shinji defeat the angels and his most fearsome enemy, his desire for his father's approval? My manga self-education continues with Neon Genesis Evangelion. Reading this right on the heels of Getter Robo Devolution provides a nice contrast. Whereas GRD felt a lot more violent, this one felt more like the beginnings of a family drama that just happens to feature violence. Any man whose father is an "alpha male" can relate to Shinji. He doesn't know how to please his father but still wants his approval. Shinji has his coming of age moment inside the Evangelion but his father is still a distant prick. The art is softer than that of GRB, which fits in with its more sensitive subject matter. The battle scenes were clear and the characters were expressive. The designs of the EVA and the angels were memorable. I'm not prepared to call them iconic just yet but I still have thirteen or so more volumes to read. I'm really curious about the future of the series. There's a little sexual tension teased between Shinji and Captain Katsuragi. We'll see where that goes. I enjoyed this volume quite a bit. Hopefully the used bookstore has the rest of them. I'm getting the hang of this reading right to left business. Four out of five stars.Rating About Books Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1 (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン / Neon Genesis Evangelion #1)
Ratings: 4.13 From 7411 Users | 176 ReviewsEvaluation About Books Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1 (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン / Neon Genesis Evangelion #1)
Evangelion is THAT anime/manga series for me. The one that I have been on and off in terms of interested in FOR YEARS. I tried watching it twice before (currently in my third try of a run through and Im on episode 4 so far!) and couldnt get past episode 2. Shinji is a character for me that I have no sympathy for and cannot relate to. I think thats why it makes it so hard to watch. Its not the genre, cause I grew up watching similar series such as gundam wing, cowboy bebop and FLCL being myI forgot how crazy this anime is. Yep. Definitely need to get around to the manga.
Finally read this manga (after seeing the anime almost a decade ago, which has influenced me more than pretty much anything else), and it was everything I wanted it to be. In general, it follows the anime pretty closely, but with a heavier focus on characters, and a few key changes that seem really important. Also, in general, there's just a lot more of the story, which I think makes it pretty essential for approaching Evangelion as a whole.

Have you ever imagined that you suddenly fight against many unknown monsters? Though reading this manga, you will be able to experience it. Do you know the man whose name is Ikari Shinji? He is the main character in this manga. He is an ordinary junior high school student. One day, an unknown monster called "Shito" appeared in front of him. What is "Shito"? What is the purpose of "Shito" coming to the earth? I wonder next volume. You can feel the growth of Ikari Shinji though this manga and
I've always heard about this as anime and that it's supposed so good and when I discovered the manga in the library... :)I like it. It reminds me a bit of "Pacific Rim" (or, "Pacific Rim" should remind me of this? XD) and I'm intrigued. I don't see the hype yet but we will see.I like the robots and I like the general setting and so far I like Shinji and the other characters we've met (with one exception - Shinji has a pretty assholish father, doesn't he? -.-).
Finally I get around to read the manga. However not much difference between manga and the animated series yet, but I'm only on chapter 14 now. But if you ask me I liked the Rebuild movies better, much better animation, great angel designs, also they cut most of the slower paced portion of the anime. Of-course this is only true for till the 2nd movie. They totally fucked up the 3rd one. I don't like the direction they are going at. I prefer the animated series ending.I wonder how the manga will
Good God, this manga took for ever to reach an ending! It took almost 18 years to get all 14 volumes done!I always wanted to see the Anime version of Evangelion but instead, I decided to read the Manga because it was so well drawn! This has to be one of the best artistic work in Manga and I really like how the Mechs were drawn in it. I could see where Mr Shinkawa (Metal Gear Solid) got his artistic inspiration :)The plot is a good mix of drama, apocalyptic set, philosophy and war. While I may


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.