Mention Books Concering The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle #1)
| Original Title: | The Great Good Thing |
| ISBN: | 0689837143 (ISBN13: 9780689837142) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Sylvie Cycle #1 |
Roderick Townley
Paperback | Pages: 224 pages Rating: 3.9 | 2302 Users | 303 Reviews
Narrative In Favor Of Books The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle #1)
Sylvie had an amazing life, but she didn't get to live it very often.Sylvie has been a twelve-year-old princess for more than eighty years, ever since the book she lives in was first printed. She's the heroine, and her story is exciting -- but that's the trouble. Her story is always exciting in the same way. Sylvie longs to get away and explore the world outside the confines of her book.
When she breaks the cardinal rule of all storybook characters and looks up at the Reader, Sylvie begins a journey that not even she could have anticipated. And what she accomplishes goes beyond any great good thing she could have imagined...

Define Epithetical Books The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle #1)
| Title | : | The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle #1) |
| Author | : | Roderick Townley |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 224 pages |
| Published | : | September 1st 2003 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books (first published May 1st 2001) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Fiction. Young Adult. Childrens. Middle Grade |
Rating Epithetical Books The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle #1)
Ratings: 3.9 From 2302 Users | 303 ReviewsWeigh Up Epithetical Books The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle #1)
Originally posted at A Novel Idea ReviewsRating: 3.5/5When the book is opened, everyone must scramble to their places and everyone must remember their lines. But the first rule, and decidedly the most important, is to never look at the Reader. Sylvie, a veteran at her job of being a storybook princess after being the books main character for upwards of 80 years and throughout many Readings and Re-Readings, nevertheless longs for something more. She has lived the same adventure so many times thatA pure pleasure read. In this book, the characters are actually alive inside a storybook. When the book is closed "back up lights" come on and the characters relax a bit until the next reader comes along. When the reader shows up, they dash to their proper pages and recite their dialogue. The princess Sylvie discovers that she can make a leap from the pages of the book into the dreams of the reader. In this dream-scape she actually meets the reader and becomes her friend. Eventually all the

Twelve-year-old Princess Sylvie's storybook kingdom really is a storybook, where nothing ever changes, even the character's mad scramble to reach their places whenever the book is opened, until Sylvie discovers she can enter new worlds with the Reader, and find new adventures.I fell in love with this book upon reading the first line: Sylvie had an amazing life, but she didn't get to live it very often. I immediately identified with the character, as would many teenagers. However, traveling
A cute little story about fictional characters being truly alive!To read my full review, click here.
I vividly remember being sick with a terrible fever during Christmas break back in fourth grade, and cracking this book (a Christmas present from a teacher) on the couch as I rode out my light-headedness. When I finished the novel, I though I had dreamed it. Like Italo Calvino for kids, this book treats the fourth wall as a very real construct, bridging the gap between a fictional book and a nonfictional world. As a writer and an actor, even today I have fond feelings for this book and the way
I found this book at a used book sale for fifty cents, and it looked like an interesting new read. Last night I read it and it was the cutest story! I think this'll go on my favorites shelf. (Also, the one I got had a much better cover illustration).


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.