Point Appertaining To Books The Farm
| Title | : | The Farm |
| Author | : | Tom Rob Smith |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 400 pages |
| Published | : | February 13th 2014 by Simon & Schuster UK |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Mystery. Thriller. Crime. Suspense. Mystery Thriller. Audiobook |
Tom Rob Smith
Paperback | Pages: 400 pages Rating: 3.55 | 21208 Users | 2709 Reviews
Interpretation As Books The Farm
Until the moment he received a frantic call from his father, Daniel believed his parents were headed into a peaceful, well-deserved retirement. They had sold their home and business in London, and said "farewell to England" with a cheerful party where all their friends had gathered to wish them well on their great adventure: setting off to begin life anew on a remote, bucolic farm in rural Sweden.But with that phone call, everything changes. Your mother's not well, his father tells him. She's been imagining things--terrible, terrible things. She's had a psychotic breakdown, and has been committed to a mental hospital.
Daniel prepares to rush to Sweden, on the first available flight the next day. Before he can board the plane, his father contacts him again with even more frightening news: his mother has been released from the hospital, and he doesn't know where she is.
Then, he hears from his mother:
I'm sure your father has spoken to you. Everything that man has told you is a lie. I'm not mad. I don't need a doctor. I need the police. I'm about to board a flight to London. Meet me at Heathrow.
Caught between his parents, and unsure of who to believe or trust, Daniel becomes his mother's unwilling judge and jury as she tells him an urgent tale of secrets, of lies, of a horrible crime and a conspiracy that implicates his own father.

Define Books Supposing The Farm
| Original Title: | The Farm |
| ISBN: | 1471110672 (ISBN13: 9781471110672) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Daniel, Tilde, Chris, HÃ¥kan Greggson, Elise Greggson, Mia Greggson, Ulf Lund, Kristofer Dalgaard, Stellan Nilson, Olle Norling |
| Setting: | London, England(United Kingdom) Gothenburg(Sweden) |
| Literary Awards: | Dylan Thomas Prize Nominee for Longlist (2014), Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Nominee for Longlist (2015) |
Rating Appertaining To Books The Farm
Ratings: 3.55 From 21208 Users | 2709 ReviewsAssessment Appertaining To Books The Farm
Daniel lives in London with his partner, Mark. His parents, Chris and Tilde, have retired to a remote farm in Sweden the homeland his mother left many years before. He believes them to be content and well and uses his image of them as happy and busy in their new life as the reason why he has distanced himself from them. For Daniel has made excuses not to visit rather than explain that his career is not going well or introduce Mark to them, he has contented himself with emails and vagueThis was a quick read that held my attention from beginning to end. I loved the suspense and I wasn't disappointed with the ending. I did not find it predictable. If I had one complaint, I might say that the conclusion was almost too neat but I loved the book and easily rated it with a 5 star.
Tom Rob Smiths new stand-alone novel The Farm (after the highly successful Child 44 trilogy) shows his diversity in story-telling. This is not an action-based, in your face, thriller like his previous work, but a psychological mystery, a coming out of sorts as a writer.The mystery behind the farm is a mystery itself. Mostly told from the perspective of the mother (Tilde) of the main character, Daniel, it starts off with a phone call from his father (Chris) saying how mentally ill Tilde is and

4.5 What happened in summer 1963? And how it is linked to summer 2013? I was eager to read Smith's latest book, as I loved Child 44 and yet I was not sure how much I'll like it because the last book in the trilogy was a disappointment.The Farm was better than I expected. A well written page turner as Child 44 but also with more layers then that. And more personal. Few years ago, Smith's father phoned to tell him he suspected his mum was mentally ill. Hours later, she arrived in Britain.
An unsettling phone call from a distraught father to his grown son, quickly followed by an equally disturbing call from the son's panicked mother. Father claims mother has completely lost touch with reality, while the mother boldly states that anything his dad has told him about her is a lie. Who to believe? Mum or Dad?Moving to a small isolated farm in Sweden should have been a little slice of heaven for Daniel's retired parents. Instead, before the year is out, it has all gone terribly
Inspired by the real life psychotic episode experienced by his own mother, Tom Rob Smith has crafted a powerful and affecting study in the disguise of a crime novel, as to the effect of a similar incident on the very fabric of a family. Daniel resides happily in London with his partner Mark, and with the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and the less frequent communication with family, believes his mother and father to be happy and secure in their retirement to Sweden from the UK. However,
I found this book a little difficult to rate but in the end I am going with 3.5 stars rounded up to 4. The main reason I found it hard to rate was that the first 150 pages or so are a bit of a slog, I can imagine many people not persevering with it but I did persevere and I was interested in the story and the characters thus my rounding up to 4 stars.Daniels mum Tilde has arrived at his London apartment from Sweden and is scared out of her whits that her husband Chris questions her mental


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.