Download Books Online The Most Dangerous Game

Share:
Download Books Online The Most Dangerous Game
The Most Dangerous Game Paperback | Pages: 48 pages
Rating: 3.93 | 40890 Users | 1432 Reviews

Details Based On Books The Most Dangerous Game

Title:The Most Dangerous Game
Author:Richard Connell
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 48 pages
Published:July 2nd 2006 by Filiquarian Publishing, LLC. (first published January 19th 1924)
Categories:Classics. Short Stories. Fiction. Horror. Academic. School. Thriller. Adventure

Chronicle To Books The Most Dangerous Game

A Goodreads Pop Quiz: QUESTION: What do Gilligan, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Homer Simpson and this Star Trek alien** have in common? 936full-jean--claude-van-damme-1-1-1v2 ANSWER (select the one that best applies): 1. None of them could act their way out of a puff of smoke. 2. They all starred in adaptations of Richard Connell’s famous short story “The Most Dangerous Game.” 3. They are all very happy NOT to be Jan Michael Vincent. Photobucket 4. All of the above. Yes, it was an easy, soft ball of a question; the correct answer is 4. **Removing the last vestiges of doubt regarding my nerdness, the alien is "Tosk" from the Star Trek DS9 episode, “Captive Pursuit.” UNNECESSARY PLOT SUMMARY: Given the number of movies and TV shows that have adapted the plot of this story, I feel dumb even summarizing it. Therefore, I will be brief, like Kim Kardashian's marriage. Big game hunting expert and luminary, Sanger Rainsford, falls off his yacht in the Caribbean and winds up on the island of Dr. Moreau General Zaroff and his towering, gigantinormous Cossack servant Ivan. General Zaroff, a fellow hunter and admirer of Rainsford has grown bored with the ease of murdering even the most dangerous of big game. Removing his moral compass and setting it behind the glass of rationalization never to be touched again, the General has cured his malaise by tracking and hunting soylent green people. Next target….Rainsford. THOUGHTS: Intelligent, well-written and a lot of fun. General Zaroff is a wonderful nemesis and Connell’s development of him at the beginning of the story was impressive. He could have been content to portray Zaroff as a one-dimensional, cardboard sociopath, but Connell gives the general depth and a backstory. This does not excuse or provide a basis for acceptance of Zaroff’s actions, but it does make him relatable and thus far more sinister. He is cold, detached and brutal but he is also well educated, polite and a rugged class of gentlemen who has, if not a sense of honor, at least a sense of good sportsmanship. All of this simply makes Zaroff appear more diabolical. Rainsford for his part is tough, clever and competent and provides a suitable counter-point to Zaroff in the tale. Rainsford navigates the plot effectively and makes reasoned decisions without inducing pangs of “don’t do that idiot” from the reader. He is a more than worthy adversary for the General. Oh, and I loved the ending of the story. I thought it was appropriate and subtle and perfectly in keeping with the tone of the story. To put a line at the bottom of this review, this is a classic short story that merits the title and is one that I would politely impel people to peruse if they have not done so. Being acquainted with the plot didn’t hamper my delectation of the story and I don’t believe it will impede yours. 4.0 stars. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Specify Books During The Most Dangerous Game

Original Title: The Most Dangerous Game
ISBN: 1599869691 (ISBN13: 9781599869698)
Edition Language: English

Rating Based On Books The Most Dangerous Game
Ratings: 3.93 From 40890 Users | 1432 Reviews

Judgment Based On Books The Most Dangerous Game
I love short stories because they can be exceptionally difficult to write, but entertaining to read. This book was action packed, and not a single moment was boring. Connell did a great job at building tension, and I loved the characters. Dark and intense, a great read.

The Most Dangerous Game, by Richard Connell. A very short classic story published in 1924. Regardless of the length, I don't think I have been more scared by any book. The story begins as 2 friends, skilled big game hunters, are sailing in the Caribbean on their way to hunt jaguar along the Amazon River. One of the men loses his footing and falls overboard while on a moonlit stroll around the deck. What happened to him is for you to find out. I don't do spoilers! Leave it to say that you should

So, the hunter becomes the hunted.What we have in The Most Dangerous Game is a fun, old fashioned, boys own tale. A big game hunter (who, in an opening more comic than its supposed to be, leans too far over the rail of a boat and drops into the ocean which hardly suggests the steely-eyed precision were supposed to expect from this character) finds himself the prey of a madman on a deserted island. The dialogue is clunky and the prose can be kindly called basic, but the sense of by-gone

If you're out there for short stories, this one is for you!Short but raised a lot of questions in my mind like what makes human different than animals?Is it the desire that one hunts for fun rather than for food?And the lines of psychopath Zaroff, There is no greater bore than perfection! Oh my![image error]

I loved it!!! One of my favorite stories. Very memorable and has stuck with me for years. First read it when student teaching in 1996 in a 9th grade literature class. What a thrilling story. It has some really beautiful writing. Some of my favorites are:"Ugh! It's like moist velvet." (Rainsford speaking of the night.)"The best sport in the world," agreed Rainsford."For the hunter," amended Whitney. "Not for the jaguar.""Don't talk rot, Whitney," said Rainsford. "You're a big-game hunter, not a

This was not a new story for me. I read it years ago, probably in high school. I cannot recall the reaction I had then, and this is one of those tales that you cannot react the same way once you know the outcome.It does spark some interesting thoughts about putting yourself in someone else's shoes. I liked this line:Sometimes I think evil is a tangible thing--with wave lengths, just as sound and light have. An evil place can, so to speak, broadcast vibrations of evil."I'm not sure an evil place

A Goodreads Pop Quiz:QUESTION: What do Gilligan, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Homer Simpson and this Star Trek alien** have in common? ANSWER (select the one that best applies):1. None of them could act their way out of a puff of smoke.2. They all starred in adaptations of Richard Connells famous short story The Most Dangerous Game.3. They are all very happy NOT to be Jan Michael Vincent. 4. All of the above.Yes, it was an easy, soft ball of a question; the correct answer is 4. **Removing the last

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.