Identify Books In Favor Of The Story of the Lost Child (L'amica geniale #4)
| Original Title: | Storia della bambina perduta |
| ISBN: | 1609452860 (ISBN13: 9781609452865) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://elenaferrante.com/works/story-of-the-lost-child/ |
| Series: | L'amica geniale #4 |
| Literary Awards: | BTBA Best Translated Book Award Nominee for Fiction Shortlist (2016), Premio Strega Nominee (2015), Australian Book Industry Award (ABIA) Nominee for International Book (2016), International Booker Prize Nominee (2016) |
Elena Ferrante
Paperback | Pages: 473 pages Rating: 4.39 | 71340 Users | 5488 Reviews

Be Specific About Out Of Books The Story of the Lost Child (L'amica geniale #4)
| Title | : | The Story of the Lost Child (L'amica geniale #4) |
| Author | : | Elena Ferrante |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 473 pages |
| Published | : | September 1st 2015 by Europa Editions (first published October 29th 2014) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Cultural. Italy. Historical. Historical Fiction. European Literature. Italian Literature. Novels |
Rendition In Pursuance Of Books The Story of the Lost Child (L'amica geniale #4)
Here is the dazzling saga of two women, the brilliant, bookish Elena and the fiery, uncontainable Lila. Both are now adults; life’s great discoveries have been made, its vagaries and losses have been suffered. Through it all, the women’s friendship has remained the gravitational center of their lives.Both women once fought to escape the neighborhood in which they grew up—a prison of conformity, violence, and inviolable taboos. Elena married, moved to Florence, started a family, and published several well-received books. In this final book, she has returned to Naples. Lila, on the other hand, never succeeded in freeing herself from the city of her birth. She has become a successful entrepreneur, but her success draws her into closer proximity with the nepotism, chauvinism, and criminal violence that infect her neighborhood. Proximity to the world she has always rejected only brings her role as its unacknowledged leader into relief. For Lila is unstoppable, unmanageable, unforgettable!
Against the backdrop of a Naples that is as seductive as it is perilous and a world undergoing epochal change, the story of a lifelong friendship is told with unmatched honesty and brilliance. The four volumes in this series constitute a long remarkable story that readers will return to again and again, and every return will bring with it new revelations.
Rating Out Of Books The Story of the Lost Child (L'amica geniale #4)
Ratings: 4.39 From 71340 Users | 5488 ReviewsColumn Out Of Books The Story of the Lost Child (L'amica geniale #4)
This is a two part review of the Neapolitan Novels as a whole: one about how good they are, the other about the series' very deep flaws. The other review, about how good they are can be found here.I am, I realize, pissing into the wind here, but someone has to do it. Ferrante deserves much of the praise, but, like any serious author, she also deserves criticism, because these are some deeply, deeply flawed novels. In Story of the Lost Child, Elena publishes an MS that she'd written some yearsSo I finally finished this fascinating quartet of books which tell the story of the lives of two friends. I am going to miss Lila and Elena for quite a while.The Story of the Lost Child covers a lot of ground, progressing from the births of Lila's second child and Elena's third, through affairs, separations and new partners, successes and failures right up to old age. This book, more than the previous three, made me think about the real meaning of friendship. Elena and Lila certainly have a very
There is a terrible sense of loss once you reach the last line of the last volume of Ferrante's saga, her writing is so addictive, it has kept me company for over a year now and waiting for the next installment of the story has been a delightful suspense.I feel abandoned to my own device now that the curtain fell on this wonderful story. The last volume "La bambina Perduta" has just been published in Italy,so I've devoured it in three days and it's not a disappointment. It has a somehow slow

No meager summary I might give here can conjure the astonishing ferocity of these booksunabated over four volumes. If you read closely there are some aphorisms buried here. One that struck me particularly hard: A woman without love for her origins is lost. But there are other home truths as well: Love and sex are unreasonable and brutal. and It was a good rule not to expect the ideal but to enjoy what is possible. and How many words remain unsayable even between a couple in love? Most moving
After re-reading this series, I can confirm it's one of my all-time favorites. Ferrante is a writer I admire so much, and like I said in my original reviews, one that I know confidently I can, and will, read again and again throughout my life.---Original Review:I'm done. I'm actually done. The journey is over, and what a wonderful journey it was. Maybe soon I will be able to write a better review, but for now I can only say that this series is truly unlike anything I've read. It's a modern
The tunnel on the edge of the neighbourhood, beyond which Lila couldn't pass.When I arrived in Naples I had just read the Claudio Gatti article which claimed to expose Elena Ferrante's real identity. I remembered being amazed, when it had come out back in 2016, by the fury it had provoked. People were outraged! Not just readers but literary editors too had lined up to condemn the piece putting across, in the process, a lot of wrong-headed ideas about the death of the author which should really


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.