Download Books What We Talk About When We Talk About Love For Free

Share:

Particularize Of Books What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

Title:What We Talk About When We Talk About Love
Author:Raymond Carver
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 159 pages
Published:1989 by Vintage Contemporaries / Vintage Books (first published April 20th 1981)
Categories:Short Stories. Fiction. Classics. Literature. American
Download Books What We Talk About When We Talk About Love  For Free
What We Talk About When We Talk About Love Paperback | Pages: 159 pages
Rating: 4.16 | 44020 Users | 3032 Reviews

Narration Toward Books What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

Alternate-cover edition can be found here In his second collection, Carver establishes his reputation as one of the most celebrated and beloved short-story writers in American literature—a haunting meditation on love, loss, and companionship, and finding one’s way through the dark.

Specify Books In Favor Of What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

Original Title: What We Talk About When We Talk About Love: Stories
ISBN: 0679723056 (ISBN13: 9780679723059)
Edition Language: English

Rating Of Books What We Talk About When We Talk About Love
Ratings: 4.16 From 44020 Users | 3032 Reviews

Column Of Books What We Talk About When We Talk About Love
Raymond Carver is simply one of the best post-war American writers, simply because he keeps everything within, simple, crisp and clear. He honed his writing craft to such a degree here that this collection may well be his best work. Focusing on lonely men and women who talk, drink, go fishing and play cards to pass the time of day. Told in a minimalist style with a razor-sharp sense of how people get along in a contemporary America using dialogue that reads like an absolute dream. There's still

What We Talk About When We Talk About Love is a collection of seventeen very short but potent stories that reveal the raw and ragged face of love. No, love is not a many splendored thing, as Frank Sinatra would have us believe. Carver tells us that love is fragile. All the stories speak of love that has lost its shine. It is a despairing view of love and sobering, especially because Carver steered away from sentimentality or exaggeration.Several stories talk about love blighted by drunkenness

A collection of slice-of-life short stories that mostly go nowhere and end ambiguously, and for some damn reason I loved them. Carver gets mileage out of yard sales, photographers offering their services, accidental death, a night of bingo, doing things and doing nothing, talking yet saying nothing.As a reader, I was frustrated when some of the stories went nowhere. I expected and hoped for big conclusions, finality, and instead I got dudes driving away from confrontations holding ashtrays. But

I'll announce the cliche of my loving this book before you beat me to it.I'm an overeducated, mock-contemplative early-twenty-something with a penchant for strong male voices (despite my feminist leanings) and a distaste for anything too sentimental. I was raised in the tradition of "Show, Don't Tell" and hold this closer than even my favorite teddy (whose name is Atticus.) My middle name is "Minimalism." My other middle name is "Ooh, that sounds pretty."With that out of the way, yes, of course

He makes it look so easy. He almost makes it look too easy in this short story collection, as though there isn't much here aside from spare language and even sparer "plot". But there is. The stories are deceptively small, but there's a depth of authenticity to these shrapnel blasts. In each of these stories, which explore the transience of love and the various ways we damage or destroy it completely, there is a hard, dark centre. * 'I Could See the Smallest Things' has a woman thinking of slugs

This collection part of the 1980s Vintage Contemporaries series includes seventeen vintage Raymond Carver, including Viewfinder - An abandoned husband chucks stone as he is photographed up on his roof by a door-to-door salesman/photographer who had hooks instead of hands; A Serous Talk - An ex-husband expresses his rage when his ex-wife takes a telephone call in the bedroom by cutting the telephone line in the kitchen; One More Thing A husband, wife and daughter accuse one another of being

Posted at Shelf Inflicted When I started reading, I found these stories a little too spare, a little unfinished. They were snippets of lonely people and troubled relationships, but nothing I could really sink my teeth into. I set the book aside and when I picked it up a second time, I discovered that these stories are better digested when read with fewer interruptions. Although these stories are about a variety of characters, I found their commonalities, differences, views and struggles very

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.