Download Catwings (Catwings #1) Free Audio Books

Share:
Download Catwings (Catwings #1) Free Audio Books
Catwings (Catwings #1) Paperback | Pages: 40 pages
Rating: 4.09 | 7214 Users | 682 Reviews

Itemize Books In Pursuance Of Catwings (Catwings #1)

Original Title: Catwings
ISBN: 0439551897 (ISBN13: 9780439551892)
Edition Language: English
Series: Catwings #1
Literary Awards: Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (1990)

Narration In Favor Of Books Catwings (Catwings #1)

Catwings is a heartwarming coming-of-age, but contemporary issues and symbolism simmer beneath the surface for those willing to paw their way to greater meaning. In just forty-eight pages, Le Guin's memorable tale of four winged-kittens explores marginalized communities, race, and compassion.
Mrs. Jane Tabby could not explain why all four of her children had wings. "I suppose their father was a fly-by-night," a neighbor said, and laughed unpleasantly, sneaking round the dumpster. "Maybe they have wings because I dreamed, before they were born, that I could fly away from this neighborhood," said Mrs. Jane Tabby.

List Regarding Books Catwings (Catwings #1)

Title:Catwings (Catwings #1)
Author:Ursula K. Le Guin
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 40 pages
Published:May 1st 2003 by Orchard Books (first published 1988)
Categories:Fantasy. Childrens. Fiction. Animals. Cats

Rating Regarding Books Catwings (Catwings #1)
Ratings: 4.09 From 7214 Users | 682 Reviews

Judgment Regarding Books Catwings (Catwings #1)
My daughter brought this home from school, and when I saw who the author was, I was delighted to sit and read this with her. My daughter was equally impressed when I showed her a couple of my books with the same author name upon them.We sat down and had a great reading session together, and I am now a little more impressed with her school!

Another perfect little modern fable for bedtime stories. This time the subject is a group of cats born with wings. Sweet and charming, Le Guin is real master at this type of storytelling. The art is delightful as well, and very evocative of early 2oth century children's literature. There's a lot of complex social concepts presented for children in a context that makes them readily digestible. Le Guin is (sorry, it's still so recent) ... was a genius.

Yeah, there's no way in the real world that a litter of kittens is going to be born with four normal limbs and two wings; genetics don't work that way. But, a story about kittens with wings? Awesome. Reality can take a nap.

This is very adorable, and there are moments of cleverness. It starts to play on some themes of discrimination and exile, which is interesting but never developed. But it's an early-reader chapter book, so okay, that's fine.If my cat had wings, I'd clip them. She knocks over enough glass objects during the night as it is.

Yeah, there's no way in the real world that a litter of kittens is going to be born with four normal limbs and two wings; genetics don't work that way. But, a story about kittens with wings? Awesome. Reality can take a nap.

I loved this book/series so much when I was a child that as an adult I got a tattoo of one of the illustrations. :)

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.