Point Regarding Books El libro salvaje
| Title | : | El libro salvaje |
| Author | : | Juan Villoro |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 237 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 2008 by Fondo de Cultura Economica, Mexico |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Childrens. Middle Grade. Fiction. Writing. Books About Books |

Juan Villoro
Paperback | Pages: 237 pages Rating: 4.3 | 3634 Users | 638 Reviews
Commentary In Favor Of Books El libro salvaje
Juan ya tiene planeadas las vacaciones de verano. Sin embargo, su madre ignora sus planes y lo deja en casa del tÃo Tito, un bibliofilo empedernido que hace ruido cuando come y que le teme a los osos de peluche. Ahà escondido entre los miles de ejemplares de la biblioteca de su tÃo, Juan tendrá que encontrar El libro salvaje, un libro rebelde que se resiste a la lectura y que guarda entre sus páginas un secreto destinado al lector que sea capaz de atraparlo.Particularize Books As El libro salvaje
| Original Title: | El libro salvaje |
| ISBN: | 6071600014 (ISBN13: 9786071600011) |
| Edition Language: | Spanish |
Rating Regarding Books El libro salvaje
Ratings: 4.3 From 3634 Users | 638 ReviewsCrit Regarding Books El libro salvaje
I'm a hopeless sucker for children's books but this one, this reminder of why stories are important and books are magical, is especially impossible to not love. Every kid I know is getting a copy of this.This was my introduction to Villoro's fiction (I had previously read his award-winning article 'La alfombra roja del narcotráfico', and it unintentionally ended up being his YA novel. This is a fun book about self-discovery and personal growth. I think that I would certainly recommend it to younger readers, or people studying the Spanish language. The story is pretty direct, and the language is advanced without being too difficult. "Una biblioteca no es para leerse entera, sino para consultarse.
A splendid book full of metaphors and advice. Often books full of ideas can get lost in their own self-importance, but this one manages to have extremely likable characters and be funny as well. I especially loved the notion of how books can move on their own and seek a reader out. There are many such books (Love in the Time of Cholera, Lila, or Uncle Tungsten) that have come to me at just the time in my life that I needed them.

OK this is a book for younger students. I read it with the intent to let my daughter a 4th grade teacher read it to her class. I was hopeful it would be imaginative and whimsical. I don't know why the author decided to add the pressure of a broken family in his story line. I think he could have handled that part better. I think I might have preferred to have one of the parents dead than have them divorcing. The quirky uncle could have lead to more entertaining. Here you have a crazy uncle and
Written by one of Mexico's most prolific authors, The Wild Book is for book lovers of all ages. Juan's parents are having marital problems, and he is shipped off to spend the summer with his eccentric Uncle Tito, who lives with his three cats in a home filled with books. He is thrilled about Juan's visit because Juan has a special affinity with the books and Tito hopes he can find the illusive Wild Book. Juan falls hard for Catalina, who works in the pharmacy across the street, and he explores
People take to their beds to recover from an illness. Thats what I did, and my medicine was reading.This was a delightful middle grade adventure! It reads like a classic childhood favourite, with all the magic and whimsy you would expect from the likes of Roald Dahl or Lewis Carroll. Uncle Tito actually reminded me a little of Uncle Monty from The Reptile Room, though Tito is slightly more of a caricature.The Wild Book is a book lovers dream. I flagged so many quotes that just capture the way I
I finally finished it!


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.