Blue (Ann Fay Honeycutt #1) 
I had to read this book for school. I only wanted to read it because the other options didnt really appeal to me. I honestly dont really like the realistic fiction genre, but once I read the first two pages of it, I knew I would fall in love with it. I know, it is short, but it was most defiantly one of the best books I have ever read. I guess that shows you not to judge a book by its cover. This book did make me cry about six times. Its a story about a thirteen year old girl named Ann Fay. Her
This book was marvelous and my 10 year old adored it as well. When Ann Fay's father goes off to fight in WWII, she is left as the "man of the house" to take care of her mother, two younger sisters, and a younger brother. But while her father is away, her home town of Hickory, NC gets severely hit by polio. A wonderful work of historical fiction that looks at how polio ravaged our country as well as race relations in the 1940s from the eyes of a child. Excellent!

What a great find! My cousins, Erin and William, told me about this young adult book, set in Hickory, North Carolina, my home town, during World War II. I didn't know that Hickory had a polio epidemic in the 1940s and housed a regional polio hospital. Now, I'm anxious to learn more about it.This is a book that I will recommend to all my sixth-graders!
Growing up in the small town of Hickory, North Carolina, reading this book in elementary school was almost a tradition. It was an honor to reread it again for the "historical fiction" category of WOW books.Anna Fay Honeycutt loved her father and her family, but was not prepared for taking care of her family as her father went off to war in World War II. Polio was the buzz of the town as there was an epidemic, and one day when her brother collapses in front of her eyes, everything changes. Her
Local author (Hickory NC area) writes about WWII and the polio epidemic in 1944 - 1945. Very sweet, sad story that I could not put down. Stayed up way too late finishing this last night.
Joyce Moyer Hostetter
Hardcover | Pages: 200 pages Rating: 4.32 | 895 Users | 216 Reviews

Particularize Books Conducive To Blue (Ann Fay Honeycutt #1)
| Original Title: | Blue |
| ISBN: | 1590783891 (ISBN13: 9781590783894) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Ann Fay Honeycutt #1 |
| Literary Awards: | IRA Children’s and Young Adult’s Book Award for Intermediate–Fiction (2007) |
Rendition During Books Blue (Ann Fay Honeycutt #1)
With her father away at war to fight Hitler, a young girl gains strength by joining her community in battling polio in this Parents' Choice Silver Honor Book based on the 1944 epidemic and the "Miracle of Hickory" Hospital in Hickory, North Carolina. Ann Fay Honeycutt accepts the role of "man of the house" when her father leaves because she wants to do her part for the war. She's doing well with the extra responsibilities when a frightening polio epidemic strikes, crippling many local children. Her town of Hickory responds by creating an emergency hospital in three days. Ann Fay reads each issue of the newspaper for the latest news of the epidemic. But soon she discovers for herself just how devastating polio can be. As her challenges grow, so does her resourcefulness. In the face of tragedy, Ann Fay discovers her ability to move forward. She experiences the healing qualities of friendship and explores the depths of her own faithfulness to those she loves—even to one she never expected to love at all.Identify Of Books Blue (Ann Fay Honeycutt #1)
| Title | : | Blue (Ann Fay Honeycutt #1) |
| Author | : | Joyce Moyer Hostetter |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 200 pages |
| Published | : | March 1st 2006 by Calkins Creek |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Young Adult. War. World War II. Childrens. Juvenile |
Rating Of Books Blue (Ann Fay Honeycutt #1)
Ratings: 4.32 From 895 Users | 216 ReviewsJudgment Of Books Blue (Ann Fay Honeycutt #1)
This was my second time through this book, and I loved it even more. The southern voice resonates, the characters are richly defined, the black and white issues are beautifully depicted, and the historical accuracy is informative and well-crafted. A wonderful story of a girl's triumph over the devastation of polio in the forties in Hickory, NC.I had to read this book for school. I only wanted to read it because the other options didnt really appeal to me. I honestly dont really like the realistic fiction genre, but once I read the first two pages of it, I knew I would fall in love with it. I know, it is short, but it was most defiantly one of the best books I have ever read. I guess that shows you not to judge a book by its cover. This book did make me cry about six times. Its a story about a thirteen year old girl named Ann Fay. Her
This book was marvelous and my 10 year old adored it as well. When Ann Fay's father goes off to fight in WWII, she is left as the "man of the house" to take care of her mother, two younger sisters, and a younger brother. But while her father is away, her home town of Hickory, NC gets severely hit by polio. A wonderful work of historical fiction that looks at how polio ravaged our country as well as race relations in the 1940s from the eyes of a child. Excellent!

What a great find! My cousins, Erin and William, told me about this young adult book, set in Hickory, North Carolina, my home town, during World War II. I didn't know that Hickory had a polio epidemic in the 1940s and housed a regional polio hospital. Now, I'm anxious to learn more about it.This is a book that I will recommend to all my sixth-graders!
Growing up in the small town of Hickory, North Carolina, reading this book in elementary school was almost a tradition. It was an honor to reread it again for the "historical fiction" category of WOW books.Anna Fay Honeycutt loved her father and her family, but was not prepared for taking care of her family as her father went off to war in World War II. Polio was the buzz of the town as there was an epidemic, and one day when her brother collapses in front of her eyes, everything changes. Her
Local author (Hickory NC area) writes about WWII and the polio epidemic in 1944 - 1945. Very sweet, sad story that I could not put down. Stayed up way too late finishing this last night.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.