Download Free Books Daggerspell (Deverry #1) Full Version

Share:

Define About Books Daggerspell (Deverry #1)

Title:Daggerspell (Deverry #1)
Author:Katharine Kerr
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 454 pages
Published:November 1st 1993 by Spectra (first published September 1986)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. High Fantasy. Epic Fantasy
Download Free Books Daggerspell (Deverry #1) Full Version
Daggerspell (Deverry #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 454 pages
Rating: 3.9 | 14151 Users | 463 Reviews

Relation During Books Daggerspell (Deverry #1)

Even as a young girl, Jill was a favorite of the magical, mysterious Wildfolk, who appeared to her from their invisible realm. Little did she know her extraordinary friends represented but a glimpse of a forgotten past and a fateful future. Four hundred years-and many lifetimes-ago, one selfish young lord caused the death of two innocent lovers. Then and there he vowed never to rest until he'd righted that wrong-and laid the foundation for the lives of Jill and all those whom she would hold dear: her father, the mercenary soldier Cullyn; the exiled berserker Rhodry Maelwaedd; and the ancient and powerful herbman Nevyn, all bound in a struggle against darkness. . . and a quest to fulfill the destinies determined centuries ago. Here in this newly revised edition comes the incredible novel that began one of the best-loved fantasy seers in recent years--a tale of bold adventure and timeless love, perilous battle and pure magic. For long-standing fans of Deverry and those who have yet to experience this exciting series, Daggerspell is a rare and special treat.

Describe Books Supposing Daggerspell (Deverry #1)

Original Title: Daggerspell
ISBN: 0553565214 (ISBN13: 9780553565218)
Edition Language: English
Series: Deverry #1
Literary Awards: Locus Award Nominee for Best Fantasy Novel (1987)


Rating About Books Daggerspell (Deverry #1)
Ratings: 3.9 From 14151 Users | 463 Reviews

Piece About Books Daggerspell (Deverry #1)
I just finished rereading this about nine years after the first time. I really liked it the first time I read it, but I'm having a hard time figuring out why. I didn't like it as much this time. I was reading it on my Kindle before bed, so maybe I was tired and it was hard to focus. Whatever the case, there were a lot of boring bits. I'll continue on in the reread, and hope the books aren't all worse than I remember.

40% DNFWhat a slog. I don't care about any of the characters, I find the main premise of the entire story to be so flawed I just can't move past it (view spoiler)[ that Nervyn would make some stupid vow when he really did nothing wrong. He just wanted to live his own life. It was the girl that slept with her brother, the girl that didn't want to escape or marry anyone else, the girl that committed suicide. Why is she the one that the whole book hinges on? (hide spoiler)]. Anyway...I just didn't

This is the first book in Katharine Kerr's long-running series about Deverry and the Westlands. It introduces the three linked characters of Jill, Rhodry and Nevyn. This book - and indeed the series - is set up in such a way that it will jump from future to past and back again. It can make for complicated reading and an issue with pacing, but it genuinely brings the events to life.The idea is that in the year 643 Galrion (who is to become Nevyn) makes a series of decisions that causes his lady

Book 1 of 15 in total, the first in a long series it has a lot to live up to and a lot to accomplish, however it did just that. Daggerspell is probably one of my favourite books in this series as well as a favourite in general. Set in a sort of celtic time the world Katherine Kerr has created is both detailed and thoroughly real, you can immerse yourself in the culture seamlessly and the way she describes things such as the magic and peoples past lives is wonderfully detailed but still

Ehmm... A friend of mine recommended this book to me, and now I regret reading it. This book really wasn't my type of book. Not that I have a particular type, but this just isn't it.First I have to confess that the only reason I finished this book, was because I went on a trip and hadn't thought of bringing more than one book. This is something I deeply regret. Why?????The story in itself isn't all that bad, I find the overall plot quite intriguing actually, but not all the politics in this

Ive loved this book for over 30 years; I still do, although I appreciate (and look askance) at different things these days. But its a soaring saga well told, and Im delighting in revisiting it.An epic fantasy with a distinctly Celtic flavour and a unique narrative voice, its set in a richly-imagined alternate world, complete with Elves, Dwarves, magic (or dweomer) and fuck off swords. It explores ideas of choice, consequences and redemption over multiple lifetimes, introducing twists and tangles

I first read this book over twenty-five years ago and have just finished my first re-reading of it.Re-reading can be a troubling experience. Many of the fantasy books I loved from my teens and twenties have not withstood the test of time. They've grown dated either by style and focus, or simply by the quality of the writing. And of course as much as general reading tastes and expectations have changed, I've changed too. Dump a few decades on a man and that'll happen.*However*, I'm very pleased

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.