Download Free Books Das Boot (Das Boot #1) Full Version

Share:

List Books In Favor Of Das Boot (Das Boot #1)

Original Title: Das Boot
ISBN: 0304352314 (ISBN13: 9780304352319)
Edition Language: English
Series: Das Boot #1
Download Free Books Das Boot (Das Boot #1) Full Version
Das Boot (Das Boot #1) Paperback | Pages: 563 pages
Rating: 4.31 | 3717 Users | 183 Reviews

Chronicle Conducive To Books Das Boot (Das Boot #1)

It is autumn, 1941, and a German U-boat commander and his crew set out on yet another hazardous patrol in the Battle of the Atlantic. Over the coming weeks they must brave the stormy waters of the Atlantic in their mission to seek out and destroy British supply ships. But the tide is beginning to turn against the Germans in the war for the North Atlantic. Their targets now travel in convoys, fiercely guarded by Royal Navy destroyers, and when contact is finally made the hunters rapidly become the hunted. As the U-boat is forced to hide beneath the surface of the sea a cat-and-mouse game begins, where the increasing claustrophobia of the submarine becomes an enemy just as frightening as the depth charges that explode around it. Of the 40,000 men who served on German submarines, 30,000 never returned. Written by a survivor of the U-boat fleet, Das Boot is a psychological drama merciless in its intensity, and a classic novel of World War II.

Details Of Books Das Boot (Das Boot #1)

Title:Das Boot (Das Boot #1)
Author:Lothar-Günther Buchheim
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 563 pages
Published:April 1st 2007 by Cassell (first published 1973)
Categories:Fiction. War. Historical. Historical Fiction. World War II

Rating Of Books Das Boot (Das Boot #1)
Ratings: 4.31 From 3717 Users | 183 Reviews

Rate Of Books Das Boot (Das Boot #1)
I have seen the movie in multiple versions several times. That is why I wanted to read the original book, be it a translation. There was definitely information in the book that was not included in the movie. The author succeeded in depicting the tedium of this submarine life. That is interesting, but difficult to slug through. A hurricane seemed to last three weeks. Depth charge attacks seemingly endless. I was glad I read the book, but contrary to the usual circumstance I felt the movie

The claustrophobia, the panic, the boredom and ennuijoin the Reichsmarine, see the world! It's a gripping read (although the paragraphs are choppy which makes the flow of reading more difficult). The only reason I might advise against someone reading it is the verisimilitude of sailorspeak: there are some pretty salty passages in there, so be thou warned.

I rounded up to 5 on this one. From the perspective of an on-board war correspondent, the novel follows one U-Boat tour in the Atlantic during the winter of 1940. The book is a mix sheer boredom and occasional helpless terror from British boats, weeks of storms, or the workings of The Boat itself.The characters feel realistic. The manager of my friendly local Erbert & Gerbert's told me that this book was (is?) required reading at US Naval Academy. Wouldn't surprise me because of The Old Man,

I don't remember how old I was when I saw this movie on TV, but I do recall how I felt. It terrified the piss out of me. But I couldn't look away. I'm not even sure if I saw the whole movie from beginning to end or if the bits I watched just made such an impression on me it feels now in retrospect like I watched it for hours, though I know in reality it couldn't possibly have been that way because of the circumstances surrounding how and when I saw it. It doesn't really matter. I don't ever want

Despite the fact that pretty much nothing happens for 160 pages, this is a very readable book. The English translation freaks a bit here and there, but by the end you feel as if you've been through it all with these characters you slowly grow to care about.

I'd give this book 5 stars except it was about 200 pages longer than necessary. After awhile I heard enough of all the colors of the sky and sea. However after learning that the author is an accomplished artist, his obsession with color made more sense.I recommend The Cruel Sea as a companion read to Das Boot. The Cruel Sea shows the war from the other side - the English sailors trying to track down and kill the U-boats. I'd also suggest Shadow Divers about the search for the identity of a

This book is about 550 pages long, and for the first 300 pages I was wondering what it was all about and why I was wasting my time. A hundred pages just described the sea. Another hundred pages gave details of the submarine. The third hundred pages described a never-ending storm (spoiler: it does end). After that, though, the book is great. The tension is incredible. I felt actually sorry for the characters, and glad that I wasn't them. The ending was fittingly unhappy for a war book - I felt no

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.