Download Free Breath Audio Books

Share:

Declare Containing Books Breath

Title:Breath
Author:Tim Winton
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 218 pages
Published:May 27th 2008 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Categories:Fiction. Cultural. Australia. Contemporary. Young Adult. Coming Of Age. Literary Fiction. Book Club. Literature
Download Free Breath  Audio Books
Breath Hardcover | Pages: 218 pages
Rating: 3.87 | 16571 Users | 1379 Reviews

Description Toward Books Breath

Tim Winton is Australia’s best-loved novelist. His new work, Breath, is an extraordinary evocation of an adolescence spent resisting complacency, testing one’s limits against nature, finding like-minded souls, and discovering just how far one breath will take you. It’s a story of extremes—extreme sports and extreme emotions. On the wild, lonely coast of Western Australia, two thrillseeking and barely adolescent boys fall into the enigmatic thrall of veteran big-wave surfer Sando. Together they form an odd but elite trio. The grown man initiates the boys into a kind of Spartan ethos, a regimen of risk and challenge, where they test themselves in storm swells on remote and shark-infested reefs, pushing each other to the edges of endurance, courage, and sanity. But where is all this heading? Why is their mentor’s past such forbidden territory? And what can explain his American wife’s peculiar behavior? Venturing beyond all limits—in relationships, in physical challenge, and in sexual behavior—there is a point where oblivion is the only outcome. Full of Winton’s lyrical genius for conveying physical sensation, Breath is a rich and atmospheric coming-of-age tale from one of world literature’s finest storytellers.

Details Books To Breath

Original Title: Breath
ISBN: 0374116342 (ISBN13: 9780374116347)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Western Australia(Australia)
Literary Awards: Miles Franklin Literary Award (2009), Victorian Premier's Literary Award Nominee for Vance Palmer Prize for Fiction (2009), Australian Independent Booksellers Indie Book Award for Book of the Year & Book of the Year Fiction (2008), Australian Book Industry Award (ABIA) Nominee for Literary Fiction (2009)


Rating Containing Books Breath
Ratings: 3.87 From 16571 Users | 1379 Reviews

Weigh Up Containing Books Breath
*Full disclosure: I am NOT a TW fan, and only read this because it is this month's choice for my book club* Didn't much like this book but I didn't dislike it enough to chuck it after my self-imposed "50 pages or it's gone" rule, hence the 2 stars. Some of the surfing description I found a bit boring and repetitive, and I really hated the "twist" which seemed to be shoved in there along with a few later comments in order to link back to the story's beginning. This book is not for me, but I

3.5 starsSet in Western Australia, Breath is about a man, Bruce who is a paramedic who is looking back on his life - specifically when he was a teenager and he and his friend, Loonie used to dare each other to do dangerous things. First their stunts take place in a river near where they live then they take to surfing. There they meet and older surfer, named Sandor who also likes taking risks. Sandor grudgingly at first takes them under his wing and soon the boys and Sandor are a trio hitting the

Lets face it. I would give five stars to Tim Wintons shopping list.

I've just finished this book in one sitting ... I woke up and in an attempt to get back to sleep I picked this up ... I'll be paying for that decision today - but not regretting it for a second ...Put aside for minute that I'm probably biased - Tim Winton is a Perth boy and he's set this story in a place that feels familiar and that is well loved by this chick ... but I'm lying here in bed in the city & I can smell the beach ... my shoulders are tingling with sunburn from an age ago and my

In this coming-of-age book, two lonely boys challenge each other to push the limits along the coast of Western Australia. It starts with contests holding their breath underwater, then progresses to surfing. Sando, an expert surfer, acts as their mentor as they conquer more difficult waves. The adrenalin just pours out of the pages as the young surfers take bigger risks for the high sensation of riding a perfect wave. "When you make it, when you're still alive and standin' at the end, you get

I am lost for words. I have absolutely no idea what to think right now. Was the plot intriguing or painfully realistic? Was the writing lyrical or stupid? Was the ending disgusting or heartbreaking? I think that I will 'like it'. It was, after all, the most unique book Ive read in ages, probably ever. It is certainly not what I expected, though still enjoyable. The four lead characters are amazing, proving to easily be the strength of this book. Each is unique. Each is exciting and

At the heart of this brilliant coming of age story sits the destructive conflict between pure exaltation and asphyxiating defilement. The young mind should not, cannot deal with these two extremes when they are tied to the same time, place, practice and personalities. The result can only be an utter wreckage. Wintons prose evokes this tension between light and darkness to chilling effect. A wonderful, very disturbing novel.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.