Particularize Appertaining To Books Shade (Shade #1)
| Title | : | Shade (Shade #1) |
| Author | : | Jeri Smith-Ready |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | 1st Simon Pulse hardcover ed. |
| Pages | : | Pages: 309 pages |
| Published | : | May 4th 2010 by Simon Pulse (first published September 29th 2009) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fantasy. Paranormal. Ghosts. Romance |

Jeri Smith-Ready
Hardcover | Pages: 309 pages Rating: 3.87 | 13403 Users | 1194 Reviews
Narration As Books Shade (Shade #1)
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a crucial gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and talk to ghosts. This mysterious ability had always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she could undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because Dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding - and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationship with with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart... and clues to the secret of the Shift.
Define Books Concering Shade (Shade #1)
| Original Title: | Shade |
| ISBN: | 1416994068 (ISBN13: 9781416994060) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Shade #1 |
| Characters: | Aura Salvatore, Logan Keeley, Zachary Moore |
| Setting: | Baltimore, Maryland(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | DABWAHA Romance Tournament Nominee for Best Paranormal/Urban Fantasy/Science Fiction (2011), Aspen Gold Readers Choice Award for Paranormal Romance (2011) |
Rating Appertaining To Books Shade (Shade #1)
Ratings: 3.87 From 13403 Users | 1194 ReviewsArticle Appertaining To Books Shade (Shade #1)
Shade was absolutely fantastic! I had a feeling I would love it before I even cracked it open; in fact, I was so convinced that I bought the book without even reading the first page. (Of course, I did have some reason for thinking this---I'd seen that a few bloggers that enjoyed Shadow Hills had also really liked Shade. I figured they must have impeccable taste. ;D I kid. Sort of.) Luckily, my instincts proved to be correct. As soon as I started reading Shade I was enthralled and ripped rightYou know when you start reading a good book and each page makes your heart race faster? You rush through a page just so you can turn it quickly to see what happens next? Then you have to turn back just to read it again and make sure you didn't miss anything? Well that is this book! I will say that it has been a while since I have read a book that made me feel so many different emotions at once. While reading this on my kindle I took notes along the way. Here is what I wrote "Full of romance,
This review is also available over at my blog.________________________Finally, a book that's hyped for a reason. Kind of.Going into this book, I didn't expect to be that impressed. The reviews were pretty mixed and it just didn't seem all that interesting. But, I always give into hype and I consider this series to be one of the most hyped YA series' out there, so I gave it a shot. It turned out to be a very entertaining read.In the world of this book, something happened several years ago called

5 Stars - Ive been trying to write this review for a couple days now and the words just dont want to come to me. Not because this book was bad, it was far from it. It was amazing. Its not often that I find a book that I love a much as this one examples of books that fall in this same category for me would be Shiver, The Twilight Saga and handful of other books out there. From the dark, beautiful and mysterious cover to the fact that anyone born post Shift can see and talk to ghosts. To our main
This book far exceeded my expectations. I assumed this would be a dark tale of ghosts and what not, with your obligatory love triangle and a heroine without much of a personality. What I got was a dark tale of ghosts and what they could become, Shades. I also got a tragic, vulnerable relationship between a heroine with depth and personality, and an aspiring musician whose parting came too soon. And GOOD LORD, it was heartfelt and it made me cry. Jeri Smith-Ready could teach an AP course on
Read this review on my blog! --> Shade by Jeri Smith-ReadyShade was a book I saw on the shelves last year that I was not compelled to buy. I was just never curious enough about it. It wasnt until this year, right before Shift (the second book in this series) was released that I noticed my fellow readers excitement. Then I bought it on sale, and there it sat, on my shelves...still not read. When I mentioned to Ginger of GReads! that I had Shade but hadnt read it yet, she insisted I needed to
Like everyone born after the Shift Aura can see ghosts - everywhere she goes there are ghosts trying to talk to her, asking her to do things for them. All she has ever wanted is for them to leave her alone - that is until her boyfriend Logan dies. She'd rather have Logan's ghost in her life than lose Logan completely but it isn't easy having a boyfriend who you can't touch - can't kiss. Then Aura meets Zachary, a new student at her school who has been assigned to help her with her history


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.