Download I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual Free Audio Books

Share:
Download I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual  Free Audio Books
I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual Paperback | Pages: 241 pages
Rating: 3.68 | 9515 Users | 1414 Reviews

Details Books In Favor Of I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual

Original Title: I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual
ISBN: 1627796061 (ISBN13: 9781627796064)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Audie Award for Humor (2017), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Humor (2016)

Description Supposing Books I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual

Comedian, activist, and hugely popular culture blogger at AwesomelyLuvvie.com, Luvvie Ajayi, serves up necessary advice for the common senseless in this hilarious book of essays. "This truth-riot of a book gives us everything from hilarious lectures on the bad behavior all around us to the razor sharp essays on media and culture" (Shonda Rhimes, New York Times best-selling author of Year of Yes and executive producer of Scandal and Grey's Anatomy) "I don't know how Luvvie Ajayi got so smart so young about so many things, from feminism to social media, from the pervasiveness of rape culture to the excellence of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits. I'm just grateful she has chosen to share her wisdom with the rest of us..." (Jennifer Weiner, number-one New York Times best-selling author of Best Friends Forever) "You will love Luvvie Ajayi's I'm Judging You, and you will argue with it, laugh hysterically at it, shout 'AW HELL YES' at it, and carry parts of it in your heart to dissect or inspire... Perfect for starting important and meaty discussions about all of the topics your mama told you never to bring up at polite dinner parties." (Jenny Lawson, New York Times best-selling author of Furiously Happy)

With over 500,000 readers a month at her enormously popular blog, AwesomelyLuvvie.com, Luvvie Ajayi has become a go-to source for smart takes on pop culture. I'm Judging You is her debut book of humorous essays that dissects our cultural obsessions and calls out bad behavior in our increasingly digital, connected lives—from the importance of the newest Shonda Rhimes television drama to serious discussions of race and media representation to what to do about your fool cousin sharing casket pictures from Grandma's wake on Facebook. With a lighthearted, razor-sharp wit and a unique perspective, I'm Judging You is the audiobook the world needs, doling out the hard truths and a road map for bringing some "act right" into our lives, social media, and popular culture.

Particularize About Books I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual

Title:I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual
Author:Luvvie Ajayi
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 241 pages
Published:September 13th 2016 by Holt Paperbacks
Categories:Nonfiction. Humor. Writing. Essays. Audiobook. Feminism

Rating About Books I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual
Ratings: 3.68 From 9515 Users | 1414 Reviews

Crit About Books I'm Judging You: The Do-Better Manual
Find this and other Reviews at In Tori LexActual Rating 3.5 StarsI enjoyed the many topics covered in a relate able and humorous way, challenging me to do better, in this book. Luvvie spoke about hygiene, being late, bad relationships and race relations in a way that I never felt preachy, even though I was learning. Racism, feminism and sexual assault are hard topics to address, because of the many ways they intersect. Luvvie's use of a interpersonal interaction to get your attention on a topic,

Funny but real. Sarcastic but on point. Opinionated and judgmental. This book covers all spectrums in our lives that we either overlook or refuse to say anything about. Luvvie decided it was time to bring us back into focus regarding our little worlds we live in and things we accept as the norm. It's pulsating with confrontational subjects and her thoughts about them. You don't have to agree but you must admit she makes some very valid points. You start out in humor and midway through the book,

4 stars for content + 1 star for Luvvie reading her own book = 5 stars!When I returned Letter to My Daughter, I saw that this was available on Overdrive. I've had it on my wish list since it was released but it was always checked out so I obviously had to click the BORROW button on this immediately and that's how it became Book Three of my inadvertent themed reading spree.I've been stalking Luvvie on the interwebs for maybe three years? I like her. Shes a little off the wall and over the top or,

I had never heard of Luvvie, to be honest, but my husband was reading her book and he thought I might like it. Its an interesting book and I did enjoy it. She has a lot of interesting topics here and a funny take on things.

I will write a full review closer to the publication date. I'm happy to say, Luuvie has inspired me in different aspects to keep doing better, and confirmed some of my "lessons learned" regarding social media. I'll expound in detail later. I'll say this---I have already made a gift list of all my friends who I'll be buying copies for--I'm going to be that friend that will be sending all their friends this book and Year of Yes as a complimentary pairing.

I love Luvvie. The end.

Please understand that I pre-ordered this book and wanted to LOVE it!! I shared this book on Social Media and asked others if they wanted to read it together. I even got the audio book to make it feel more like I was having a conversation with my girlfriends. Throughout the book, I struggled to determine who was the intended audience and who would benefit from reading it the most. There were no new ideas presented here and nothing you wouldn't know about her thoughts if you currently follow her

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.