Specify Books Supposing One More Time
| Original Title: | One More Time |
| Edition Language: | English |

Carol Burnett
Hardcover | Pages: 301 pages Rating: 4.16 | 2251 Users | 163 Reviews
Be Specific About Regarding Books One More Time
| Title | : | One More Time |
| Author | : | Carol Burnett |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 301 pages |
| Published | : | Best Show Business Memoirs/Biographies 331 books — 349 voters Favorite memoirs/autobiographies 1,596 books — 1,615 voters |
| Categories | : | Biography. Autobiography. Memoir. Nonfiction |
Chronicle Conducive To Books One More Time
Carol Burnett spent most of her childhood in a Depression-scarred Hollywood neighborhood, where she lived in a single-room apartment with her endearingly batty grandmother, Nanny, a hypochondriacal Christian Scientist with a buried past. The child of two alcoholic parents, Burnett presents a sometimes hilarious, sometimes heartbreaking coming-of-age: from her sadly hopeful mother, who was hooked on Tinseltown fantasy, to the first signs of her own comic gift; from happy weekends spent with her father, to their last tragic meeting in a public sanatorium. Featuring a new Afterword by the author, about teaming up with her daughter to bring this story to Broadway, One More Time is an intimate, touching, and astonishing narrative of a financially desperate but emotionally rich childhood on the wrong side of Hollywood’s tracks.Rating Regarding Books One More Time
Ratings: 4.16 From 2251 Users | 163 ReviewsAppraise Regarding Books One More Time
#4 of 120 books pledged to read during 2018This woman ebdured and overcame a lot to become who she was - a very funny woman. I loved this memoir. Learning to love people for who they are not who you want them to be.
I always devour Carol's books. Her way of writing just sucks you in and you don't want out until you've read every single word. You can tell she loves writing and telling her story!

I always love me some Carol Burnett.I don't know why this wasn't on my shelves here, but I know I read it a long time ago because I remember:1) She had a relative who was always threatening to have "hissy fits." (Granny, maybe?)2) I was impressed by the length and detail of the letters between Carol and one of her relatives. (Maybe also Granny?)
#unreadshelfproject2019. A very eye-opening book about Carols childhood in a poorer Hollywood neighborhood. So interesting reading about her young years and how she rose above it. I have always loved her, and this book makes her even more special.
I love Carol Burnett. The female comedians of today the Amy's, Sara, or Tina don't do it for me. I just don't agree that you gotta be crude to be funny. I love witty humor. And although this book is a memoir, not funny and made me cry more than once I loved it. I only reason I gave it 4 and not 5 stars is because I wanted it to be longer.
Continuing on with my show business autobiographies theme for the month of May, Carol Burnetts One More Time was definitely my favorite so far. Ms. Burnett has a wonderful literary voice, and an even more fascinating story to tell.Similar to the Julie Andrews memoir, this book is about her early years. She grew up mostly in Hollywood, raised by her grandmother, with her single mother living in the same apartment complex, but down the hall. It sounded like they were living off welfare, and


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.