Black Girl Lost 
After having read Dopefiend, I wanted to read another book by Goines. This particular book talks about the life of a young black girl, Sandra, who lives a poor life with her mother. Her mother is a dope fiend and goes off to get her fix sometimes without telling Sandra. There was this one day where Sandra did not know where her mother was so she went to look for her and this man was at the brink of raping her, until he thought about it. He lied to her telling her that he would help her find her
My first Donald Goines read and it was amaze-balls! This was such a sad story but that ending though. Donald's storytelling is fantastic and I can't wait to read his other stories. The reviews about his writing made me want to check him out and I'm glad that I did!

2.5 ⭐Was this supposed to be this short? I randomly picked this to read I mean listen to this morning because I N E E D E D an audiobook + this book is narrated by Bahni Turpin (who I love) so I decided to check it out from the library. This story follows a girl named Sundra starting at the age of 8. Her mom is a drunk. Sundra always have to fend for herself. Thats basically the gist of the story. She meets a boy , get into things and things go downhill from there. It was a pretty fast book. I
This was a great book. His descriptions pulled you into the book. I felt so closely connected to the characters. The ending is heart- wrenching. I've never cried or had so much emotion flowing through me reading any book. I loved this!!! One of my favorite authors!!!
My full review can be found at Melaninated Bookshelf4.5 StarsA tragic love story set in 1970s Los Angeles. Sandra learned at an early age that the only person that she could depend on is herself. until her path crosses with Chink. Their struggle to survive and forge a future for themselves is told beautifully through Donald Goines writing. Goines simple prose effectively translates the teens love for each other, hope for the future, and struggle to survive. This is remains one of my faves.
Black girl lost was an outstanding book, I pretty much love all of Donald Goines Books and have read almost all of them years ago, But "Black girl lost" was one of my favorites so I had to re-read it...And again I felt all the same emotions I felt the same time around....This little girl goes thru so much in her short time, from her living with a Drunk as a mother to almost being molested by many of the men her mom kept around to watching as her boyfriend takes his last breath. Bravo to a book
Donald Goines
Paperback | Pages: 208 pages Rating: 4.35 | 1827 Users | 155 Reviews

Specify Books As Black Girl Lost
| Original Title: | Black Girl Lost |
| ISBN: | 0870679856 (ISBN13: 9780870679858) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Narrative Toward Books Black Girl Lost
In this shocking novel of a young girl alone on the streets, Goines delves into yet another facet of the ghetto experience-the dark, despair-ridden world of a black girl s soul! Sandra took to the streets when she was eight years old and tried to fight off the hunger pangs by shoplifting and moving into the profits of drug pushing. The she met Chink and discovered love and affection...and rape and murder!Details Containing Books Black Girl Lost
| Title | : | Black Girl Lost |
| Author | : | Donald Goines |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 208 pages |
| Published | : | November 1st 2006 by Holloway House (first published 1973) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Cultural. African American. Urban |
Rating Containing Books Black Girl Lost
Ratings: 4.35 From 1827 Users | 155 ReviewsColumn Containing Books Black Girl Lost
Just read Black Girl Lost by Donald Goines - AKA Def Hood Ghetto Realism - this mofo can write, for real. About a young girl raised on the streets; shoplifter to quazi mastermind of her first-love, tough-as-nails, high school pusher. He gets some time in the joint, she gets beat up by some dopefiends, he breaks out and gets his revenge.. Happily ever after.After having read Dopefiend, I wanted to read another book by Goines. This particular book talks about the life of a young black girl, Sandra, who lives a poor life with her mother. Her mother is a dope fiend and goes off to get her fix sometimes without telling Sandra. There was this one day where Sandra did not know where her mother was so she went to look for her and this man was at the brink of raping her, until he thought about it. He lied to her telling her that he would help her find her
My first Donald Goines read and it was amaze-balls! This was such a sad story but that ending though. Donald's storytelling is fantastic and I can't wait to read his other stories. The reviews about his writing made me want to check him out and I'm glad that I did!

2.5 ⭐Was this supposed to be this short? I randomly picked this to read I mean listen to this morning because I N E E D E D an audiobook + this book is narrated by Bahni Turpin (who I love) so I decided to check it out from the library. This story follows a girl named Sundra starting at the age of 8. Her mom is a drunk. Sundra always have to fend for herself. Thats basically the gist of the story. She meets a boy , get into things and things go downhill from there. It was a pretty fast book. I
This was a great book. His descriptions pulled you into the book. I felt so closely connected to the characters. The ending is heart- wrenching. I've never cried or had so much emotion flowing through me reading any book. I loved this!!! One of my favorite authors!!!
My full review can be found at Melaninated Bookshelf4.5 StarsA tragic love story set in 1970s Los Angeles. Sandra learned at an early age that the only person that she could depend on is herself. until her path crosses with Chink. Their struggle to survive and forge a future for themselves is told beautifully through Donald Goines writing. Goines simple prose effectively translates the teens love for each other, hope for the future, and struggle to survive. This is remains one of my faves.
Black girl lost was an outstanding book, I pretty much love all of Donald Goines Books and have read almost all of them years ago, But "Black girl lost" was one of my favorites so I had to re-read it...And again I felt all the same emotions I felt the same time around....This little girl goes thru so much in her short time, from her living with a Drunk as a mother to almost being molested by many of the men her mom kept around to watching as her boyfriend takes his last breath. Bravo to a book


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.