Outside (Outside #1) 
A post-apocalytic romance thriller with a series of twists and turns.
came across Outside on a recommendation from Amazon. I have kind of a love-hate relationship with those Kindle store recommendations; sometimes theyre fantastic, and I get sucked into a whole series based on a lovely little suggestion.Other times, they are crap.Weve been going through a bit of a crap phase lately, and Ive had some samples I couldnt even get through. I had to approach Outside with extreme caution, but it wasnt horrible. In the end, I felt this one had real undeveloped potential.

I had higher hopes for this book.It starts out slow.Too slow. Living secluded and secure, as the characters do, inside the perimeter didnt help my liking of the book any either.It made the main character, Riley, seem too sheltered and vulnerable.She was subtle and vague and didn't really do much of anything worthy of noting other than laughing at her sisters death and getting herself and Luc into trouble.Yeah.Uhhh...okay.Really!?WTF!Laughing at someones death, especially in your family, is so
I actually couldn't bring myself to finish this novel. If she rerelease an edited version with proper punctuation and dropping the annoying Pa a dozen or so times on a page I may reread it. But as it stands now I literally read 1% and I was just quite frankly disgusted. I have read some bad books but I just couldn't make it through this. I don't know if this is self published or by a publisher or what. But just no...no.
Over a year ago I had the privilege of reading what has now become one of my all-time favourite YA vampire books. The book was called Hidden and it was written by fellow indie author, Shalini Boland. Since then, I have been eagerly awaiting her to release more. Imagine my delight, therefore, when I noticed she'd released a book entitled Outside. Initially I thought it was the long awaited sequel to Hidden. I was completely wrong about that, of course, but it didn't matter. I soon discovered that
A decent dystopian story, I just didn't feel any attachment to the characters...
Shalini Boland
ebook | Pages: 300 pages Rating: 3.39 | 2614 Users | 244 Reviews

Details Of Books Outside (Outside #1)
| Title | : | Outside (Outside #1) |
| Author | : | Shalini Boland |
| Book Format | : | ebook |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 300 pages |
| Published | : | July 21st 2011 |
| Categories | : | Science Fiction. Dystopia. Young Adult. Apocalyptic. Post Apocalyptic. Fiction |
Rendition Supposing Books Outside (Outside #1)
The future is divided by Perimeters: high-security gated communities where life goes on as normal. If you’re inside you’re lucky. If you’re outside, life expectancy takes a nose dive. Riley is fortunate to have been born on the right side of the fence. But her life of privilege comes crashing down when someone breaks through and murders her sister. She forsakes her own safety to go in search of the killer. Luc decides to go with her otherwise she’ll be dead before she’s past the security gate. But what awaits her outside is more unbelievable than she ever expected. Cut to the present day, where Eleanor's world is falling apart. This time next year, civilisation won't be quite so civilised...Present Books During Outside (Outside #1)
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Outside #1 |
Rating Of Books Outside (Outside #1)
Ratings: 3.39 From 2614 Users | 244 ReviewsColumn Of Books Outside (Outside #1)
This hooked me straight away. Firstly because the set-up is so good and believable. I could imagine Perimeters springing up, keeping the rich people separate from everyone else. I really liked Riley. Shes vulnerable but has the guts to go outside and find her sisters killer. In fact, all the characters are strong in this and some are downright terrifying. Theres a wicked twist and a smart secondary story that runs along alternately with Rileys. For me, Outside quite happily sits alongside theA post-apocalytic romance thriller with a series of twists and turns.
came across Outside on a recommendation from Amazon. I have kind of a love-hate relationship with those Kindle store recommendations; sometimes theyre fantastic, and I get sucked into a whole series based on a lovely little suggestion.Other times, they are crap.Weve been going through a bit of a crap phase lately, and Ive had some samples I couldnt even get through. I had to approach Outside with extreme caution, but it wasnt horrible. In the end, I felt this one had real undeveloped potential.

I had higher hopes for this book.It starts out slow.Too slow. Living secluded and secure, as the characters do, inside the perimeter didnt help my liking of the book any either.It made the main character, Riley, seem too sheltered and vulnerable.She was subtle and vague and didn't really do much of anything worthy of noting other than laughing at her sisters death and getting herself and Luc into trouble.Yeah.Uhhh...okay.Really!?WTF!Laughing at someones death, especially in your family, is so
I actually couldn't bring myself to finish this novel. If she rerelease an edited version with proper punctuation and dropping the annoying Pa a dozen or so times on a page I may reread it. But as it stands now I literally read 1% and I was just quite frankly disgusted. I have read some bad books but I just couldn't make it through this. I don't know if this is self published or by a publisher or what. But just no...no.
Over a year ago I had the privilege of reading what has now become one of my all-time favourite YA vampire books. The book was called Hidden and it was written by fellow indie author, Shalini Boland. Since then, I have been eagerly awaiting her to release more. Imagine my delight, therefore, when I noticed she'd released a book entitled Outside. Initially I thought it was the long awaited sequel to Hidden. I was completely wrong about that, of course, but it didn't matter. I soon discovered that
A decent dystopian story, I just didn't feel any attachment to the characters...


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.