Free Books When God Was a Rabbit Online Download

Share:
Free Books When God Was a Rabbit  Online Download
When God Was a Rabbit Hardcover | Pages: 325 pages
Rating: 3.7 | 35580 Users | 3272 Reviews

Specify Books Conducive To When God Was a Rabbit

Original Title: When God Was a Rabbit
ISBN: 0755379284 (ISBN13: 9780755379286)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Elly, Ginger, Charlie Harris, Jenny Penny, Nancy
Literary Awards: Exclusive Books Boeke Prize (2011), Galaxy National Book Award for Galaxy New Writer of the Year (2011), Edinburgh International Book Festival First Book Award (2011)

Interpretation As Books When God Was a Rabbit

When God was a Rabbit is an incredibly exciting debut from an extraordinary new voice in fiction.

Spanning four decades, from 1968 onwards, this is the story of a fabulous but flawed family and the slew of ordinary and extraordinary incidents that shape their everyday lives. It is a story about childhood and growing up, loss of innocence, eccentricity, familial ties and friendships, love and life. Stripped down to its bare bones, it’s about the unbreakable bond between a brother and sister.

Present Appertaining To Books When God Was a Rabbit

Title:When God Was a Rabbit
Author:Sarah Winman
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 325 pages
Published:March 3rd 2011 by Headline Review
Categories:Fiction. Contemporary. Young Adult. Coming Of Age. Book Club. Family. Literary Fiction

Rating Appertaining To Books When God Was a Rabbit
Ratings: 3.7 From 35580 Users | 3272 Reviews

Evaluate Appertaining To Books When God Was a Rabbit
Coming-of-age novels come with an absolution: They dont actually have to be about-about anything. They can just be. A series of events, linked or otherwise, that start quirky and end artfully or in some combination of that. Sarah Winmans debut novel When God was a Rabbit takes advantage of this convention. Technically its about a brother and sister; that sister and her best friend; that brother and his best friend with benefits. It has no plot line that looms, waiting to be solved, fixed,

I have just started this book and am absolutely loving it. It is a hilarious book, with Ellie being just too sharp and dry with her little asides. I honestly love a book that sucks me in - especially after that nonsense Fifty shades of Grey rubbish. This is one that I will lend, but will always demand to be returned.Just finished it today. I absolutely LOVED this book. There are some conversations in there that I have marked, as I think they speak such truth. One in particular about the last

Guilty again :) This book "bought" me with just few sentences and I had to buy the rights and be its editor... :) I had that "something special" feeling I had buying the rights for THE CURIOUS INCIDENT... Unfortunately due to Serbian publisher the book hasn't reached all the readers it should reach... But it's never late! MUST READ! MUST READ! Hurry up! Debut jewel of coming of age novel... :) I rarely come across novels that give me such "discovery of new voice" thrill :)

The first half was pretty good. I enjoyed the writing and the characters. I had to force myself to get through the second half. I still liked the characters, but something had changed and I found this half a real grind to get through, and I was so happy to finally close the book at the end. First half was 4 stars, the second half was 2 stars, for an overall 3 stars, asI felt cranky by the time I finished the book.

Theres only one word to describe Sarah Winmans When God Was A Rabbit disjointed.If you read reviews on this and see critics describing it as having an elegiac, simple beauty, you cant help but think that book reviewers like that serve only one purpose: to deter you from reading that book.The story is supposed to be about a brother and sister named Joe and Elly but mostly, its about Elly, who, as a child, is whimsically drawn and makes you excited to read the book.As we hop, skip, jump through

I can imagine that as a writer it is tempting to do too much in one's first novel and I think this is what's wrong with this particular debut. As many have commented, the first section is far better than the second. It is in the first section, however, that we get a taste for the unnecessary and somewhat sloppy storytelling that's to come. It annoys me greatly when an author glosses over the realities of life by making characters incredibly rich. I saw no need for the sudden, imprecise wealth

I hated this in 2013 and i hated it in 2016.Thought re-reading might change my opinion on it but it didnt at all.So boring. Had to really force myself. Hated everyone.So glad when it was over.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.